Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Gila

WKR
Does anyone know how long the back order is? Some of the camo patterns are on back order.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Does anyone know how long the back order is? Some of the camo patterns are on back order.
Depending on which finish you choose we quote about 6-7 weeks for production. A lot of times it does come in sooner though. We outsource finishing so that's where most of the lead time comes from.

Gila

WKR
Depending on which finish you choose we quote about 6-7 weeks for production. A lot of times it does come in sooner though. We outsource finishing so that's where most of the lead time comes from.
That time frame works for me. Thank you!

khuber84

WKR
They'll probably try to move as many these stocks they can, since the profit margin will likely be less with all the rokstock units going to UM.

atmat

WKR
They'll probably try to move as many these stocks they can, since the profit margin will likely be less with all the rokstock units going to UM.
I don’t think that’s the case. RokStock will undoubtedly cost more. Stocky’s has always offered exceptional pricing. Last year during a sale I think they were marked down to like $380.

I believe UM said they’re trying to keep Rokstok at $600.

My initial concern with it being sold through UM would be that it adds another entity needing to take a cut. But $600 isn’t terrible, and they did so much of the design work, that it totally seems fair.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That will affect overall sales volumes not gross margin per unit sold.

I have two of these stocks and also will be buying two rok stocks. It's an excellent stock overall especially at the price point with rokslide discount.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I don’t think that’s the case. RokStock will undoubtedly cost more. Stocky’s has always offered exceptional pricing. Last year during a sale I think they were marked down to like $380.

My initial concern with it being sold through UM would be that it adds another entity needing to take a cut. But $600 isn’t terrible, and they did so much of the design work, that it totally seems fair.
They are acting as a dealer, buying in bulk for a discount and the selling for MSRP. It's a win/win for both companies using that business model.

atmat

WKR
They are acting as a dealer, buying in bulk for a discount and the selling for MSRP. It's a win/win for both companies using that business model.
Correct. Which is why I said the markup is fair, particularly given it’s a one-off product that they helped design.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
While the tikka is the most popular on this site, we do sell other models and inlets so as far as we’re concerned it’s all the same to us. We do oem and retail so it evens out at the end of the day.

Also, we took on this project to help the community and bring something to market that wasn’t offered. When Ryan approached me we were more than happy to help.

khuber84

WKR

UM is buying production volume at likely a lower profit margin than they're selling Tikka vg stocks at retail. Otherwise how is UM going to make money? Rokstock is going to take up time in their production queue it a smaller net return as UM is buying at bulk discount. This time in production lost of stocks that will have a higher profit margin can only be overcome with bulk quantity sold to UM at the lower profit margin. I'm sure they've penciled it out, the rokstock production will likely put a dent into availability of their other products, so buy soon if they're available!

atmat

WKR
UM is buying production volume at likely a lower profit margin than they're selling Tikka vg stocks at retail. Otherwise how is UM going to make money? Rokstock is going to take up time in their production queue it a smaller net return as UM is buying at bulk discount. This time in production lost of stocks that will have a higher profit margin can only be overcome with bulk quantity sold to UM at the lower profit margin. I'm sure they've penciled it out, the rokstock production will likely put a dent into availability of their other products, so buy soon if they're available!
Yes.

Dsellen14

FNG
While the tikka is the most popular on this site, we do sell other models and inlets so as far as we’re concerned it’s all the same to us. We do oem and retail so it evens out at the end of the day.

Also, we took on this project to help the community and bring something to market that wasn’t offered. When Ryan approached me we were more than happy to help.
Stockys
Thanks for notifying of the black friday sale. First the stock is absolutely tight. No sanding or anything. The weight reduction is what I needed compared to my Iota Evo and now my whole rig including VX5HD3-15x weighs under 8 lb! I'll be ordering again. Brian

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone wondering I reached out to stockys about cutting down their stocks and they said the wrapped carbon underneath the butt pad was less structural and more so there was something to screw the pad too. I cut off 3/4” off mine, filled the butt with spray foam, filled the final 1/8th inch with epoxy and then glued the original recoil pad back on. It’s technically a non sandable recoil pad, but it sanded well enough. Stock was 23 ounces when I got it, with it cut down 3/4”, filled with spray foam and 1/8” of epoxy it ended up weighing 24.9 ounces. I was pretty happy to see how thick the carbon build up actually was in the rear. It was around 1/8” thick.

I would imagine the same thing will be doable with the rokstock, just might have to get more creative with the recoil pad. Nice to have a 12.5” length of pull stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5475.jpeg
    IMG_5475.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5479.jpeg
    IMG_5479.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5481.jpeg
    IMG_5481.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 141

Tahoe1305

WKR
For anyone wondering I reached out to stockys about cutting down their stocks and they said the wrapped carbon underneath the butt pad was less structural and more so there was something to screw the pad too. I cut off 3/4” off mine, filled the butt with spray foam, filled the final 1/8th inch with epoxy and then glued the original recoil pad back on. It’s technically a non sandable recoil pad, but it sanded well enough. Stock was 23 ounces when I got it, with it cut down 3/4”, filled with spray foam and 1/8” of epoxy it ended up weighing 24.9 ounces. I was pretty happy to see how thick the carbon build up actually was in the rear. It was around 1/8” thick.

I would imagine the same thing will be doable with the rokstock, just might have to get more creative with the recoil pad. Nice to have a 12.5” length of pull stock.
Legit. Thanks. Please let us know how it holds up.