Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

atmat

WKR
Before you sand: Stocky’s is great about customer service and will likely send you a new one.

I do not imagine they’ll do that once you’ve sanded.

Gila

WKR
Stocky’s comes around here, send her a PM.

Last edited:

leclairk

FNG
I bedded my action. Made no difference in accuracy. Granted this was my first bedding job but as far as I can tell everything turned out fine. Gun shot about 1 MOA before and 1 MOA after. I'm shooting factory ammo.

mddat

FNG
Got my new stock, seems well inletted but the recoil lug sits slightly loose, should I just bed the recoil lug or the whole action as well?

Grumman

WKR
She :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You know I don’t remember the Stocky’s username ever really making an introduction. Just seemed to appear one day being helpful. At first I thought it may be the best trolling attempt on forum history getting us all hyped up for a Rokstock lol. Whoever the person behind the name is they have been one the best gun related company reps at getting feedback and giving answers I’ve seen interact on forums. Glad they are here and are real lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
You know I don’t remember the Stocky’s username ever really making an introduction. Just seemed to appear one day being helpful. At first I thought it may be the best trolling attempt on forum history getting us all hyped up for a Rokstock lol. Whoever the person behind the name is they have been one the best gun related company reps at getting feedback and giving answers I’ve seen interact on forums. Glad they are here and are real lol.

I think Jessica manages their Rokslide account and she delivers incredible customer service.

amassi

WKR
Got my new stock, seems well inletted but the recoil lug sits slightly loose, should I just bed the recoil lug or the whole action as well?

Bed the whole thing
Remove a variable

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

Now that would’ve been funny! But yes I’m real and happy to help!

I’m Jessica and have a few roles at Stockys. My sister Kim handles a lot of the retail side and I handle the production side. Between the two of us we have 30 years of working at Stockys.

We know a lot about stocks but are always open to input and suggestions. Before we brought manufacturing in house, we heard daily from customers so we knew what the market was missing. When we were forced to bring manufacturing in house we took those suggestions and put them into our focus and goals. And we continue to evolve today. But I was heavily involved in the creation of the carbon fiber production and did a lot of research and development along with the owner Don. I was laying up stocks, running ovens and doing composites while super pregnant. So when it comes to our process I’ve been in it 100% since day 1 and still am even thought we have a crew now.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We don’t have a rifle/program to see if it’ll fit in the existing stock mold but we can look further into it.
Okay, I know you offered some stocks in the past for the M595/695 from the brands you carry, but I didn't know if you had a profile in house. The rear tang doesn't taper as much is basically the main consideration. I have a VG stock enroute for one of my T3s, I'll take a look at the VG stock when I get it compared to the M695 in terms of how wide that area is. Something like a factory T3 stock is too thin there but my mcmillan hunter stock has enough width there.

I have a rifle on hand if this is something that could be supported in the future, but I realize that its a model that is aging away versus something that would bring in future orders. I just want a nice stock on it. :)

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Okay, I know you offered some stocks in the past for the M595/695 from the brands you carry, but I didn't know if you had a profile in house. The rear tang doesn't taper as much is basically the main consideration. I have a VG stock enroute for one of my T3s, I'll take a look at the VG stock when I get it compared to the M695 in terms of how wide that area is. Something like a factory T3 stock is too thin there but my mcmillan hunter stock has enough width there.

I have a rifle on hand if this is something that could be supported in the future, but I realize that its a model that is aging away versus something that would bring in future orders. I just want a nice stock on it. :)
Definitely let me know how it compares to the vg and if it’s close we’ll probably do an inlet for it. We get quite a few calls for it still. We’d definitely need to borrow the rifle but we do reward customers for helping out with new inlets so we’ll keep in touch on that.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Stockys Is there any chance there are some updated discount codes?
We’re running a few different specials right now. 30% off carbon, 20% off barrels, 10% off laminates. Discounts are taken off in the shopping cart. Was there something you were interested in specifically?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Definitely let me know how it compares to the vg and if it’s close we’ll probably do an inlet for it. We get quite a few calls for it still. We’d definitely need to borrow the rifle but we do reward customers for helping out with new inlets so we’ll keep in touch on that.
Great, will do. I do have a rem style recoil lug added onto mine but that could obviously be ignored when setting up a standard profile.

Kmarkwardt

Lil-Rokslider
We’re running a few different specials right now. 30% off carbon, 20% off barrels, 10% off laminates. Discounts are taken off in the shopping cart. Was there something you were interested in specifically?

Stocks and carbon. I didn't realize they'd adjust in the cart, thank you!