Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
The texture reminds me of something Mike at TacOps would make. Looks good

Spot on. The stock was the slipperiest stock I’ve ever used, so I copied the gripiest stock I’ve ever used. From one end to the other.

On that note…. This rifle setup, legit is winning me over. It’s shoots, handles, and feels better than it should. If it had an 18” barrel versus the 20”, yeah.

amassi

WKR

I’m not an expert and obviously this is a different stock manufacturer. This was a very thorough demonstration of all steps to bed a tikka stock including the recoil lug mentioned above.

The only thing I do differently, after about 4 hours of cure time I’ll go back each action. Screw out a few turns then back in to make sure if there’s and bedding compound on the screw or doesn’t set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veloci_Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
Regarding stock geometry. I just put my Howa Mini in a Stocky’s VGM but need to build up a cheek riser. Is it correct to assume that once you do that, you start to lose the benefits of a near negative comb? I definitely only need a little more height relative to a traditional sporter stock, so I suppose it’s still a net positive.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is that a Kowa in the background.... ?

Correct.

Regarding stock geometry. I just put my Howa Mini in a Stocky’s VGM but need to build up a cheek riser. Is it correct to assume that once you do that, you start to lose the benefits of a near negative comb?

The benefit of a negative comb is that it moves away from your cheek in recoil. So, no, building up a cheek piece won’t hurt your stock.

amassi

WKR
Does the sporter barrel channel on these leave enough room for a good free float with the factory lite contour or are folks stepping up to the sendero?

Of the 2 sporter channels I have one was clear back to the chamber the other was tight and needed relief. They’re easy to open up

atmat

WKR
Of the 2 sporter channels I have one was clear back to the chamber the other was tight and needed relief. They’re easy to open up

I have two of these, both in Sporter contour.

My standard lite has a ton of room to free float.

My other supports a PBB barrel which is “Hybrid Lite” contour (basically, matches the Tikka contour down until it gets to 0.75”, then is straight). That one has plenty of room too.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Couldn't pass it up. Ordered a tan web with a sendero contour in order to be able to "throw a cat down the barrel channel."

Looking forward to doing some testing on bolt-in vs bedding. Still concerned about trigger reach.

-J

amassi

WKR
I have two of these, both in Sporter contour.

My standard lite has a ton of room to free float.

My other supports a PBB barrel which is “Hybrid Lite” contour (basically, matches the Tikka contour down until it gets to 0.75”, then is straight). That one has plenty of room too.

Yep
While these are great stocks I’ve seen no reliability in their inletting

Tmac

WKR
Wondering how some grip tape would work on the slick stock? I know I have used some on my boat and trailer and it had held up well. There are various types, I‘m thinking the smoother pebbled style may work.

03mossy

WKR
Wondering how some grip tape would work on the slick stock? I know I have used some on my boat and trailer and it had held up well. There are various types, I‘m thinking the smoother pebbled style may work.

Talon Grips (for handguns) makes strips you can buy that would work perfectly. They have different levels of "grippiness" also.