Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Well I was going to save for another XLR Element chassis for my new 7PRC conversion (20" Proof)...

Hope this one bolts right up. Can't wait to shoot the new rifle.

Sandstrom

WKR
Finally got out and shot mine yesterday! I certainly liked several aspects of it, however, the distance from the trigger to the grip could be just a bit closer to be a bit more comfortable. Otherwise It is a definite improvement from the factory stock!!
Ryan

Placed an order on an olive web factory spotter channel. It showed it was a back order so I’m curious how long it will take to get, but seeing as I don’t need it any time soon I don’t really care. 432 after shipping I couldn’t get the code others have posted to work for me (10OFF) it said it was invalid.

Placed an order on an olive web factory spotter channel. It showed it was a back order so I’m curious how long it will take to get, but seeing as I don’t need it any time soon I don’t really care. 432 after shipping I couldn’t get the code others have posted to work for me (10OFF) it said it was invalid.
I placed mine yesterday in carbon midnight and Kim quoted me 6-8 weeks but she said it’d probably be sooner. They don’t finish in house so that’s what takes so long.

rbutcher1234

Lil-Rokslider
Man this is really tempting…..

I joined the rokslide 223 tikka club and threw it in a krg bravo, but this is very very tempting due to weight.

Would those who have used both opine on whether or not the stockys still allows for the level of control on the bravo while being lighter/just as durable?

For context, I am used to carrying much heavier rifles, and I have decided to no longer do that for the majority of my hunting situations. So while the weight of the 223 tikka in a bravo feels great to me, I wouldn’t mind shaving more weight if the feel is still there. Especially out of a 223.

Last edited:
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Would those who have used both opine on whether or not the stockys still allows for the level of control on the bravo while being lighter/just as durable?

The KRG Bravo will be “easier” to shoot due to weight alone. It also has a slightly shorter trigger reach which is generally good. However, as a hunting stock, provided this one doesn’t spontaneously break, I will be choosing the Stocky’s generally. It is much lighter and still provides good handling and shootability.

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
Man this is really tempting…..

I joined the rokslide 223 tikka club and threw it in a krg bravo, but this is very very tempting due to weight.

For context, I am used to carrying much heavier rifles, and I have decided to no longer do that for the majority of my hunting situations. So while the weight of the 223 tikka in a bravo feels great to me, I wouldn’t mind shaving more weight if the feel is still there. Especially out of a 223.
A bravo will be easier to shoot no doubt but with both my 223 and 6.5cm I find the stockys to allow for ample control. The lighter weight is worth the trade, my shooting has not suffered, but it just took a few shots to get used to the different stock. I just wish the stockys had a longer length of pull like the bravo with all of the spacers. As for durability I highly doubt the stockys will ever take the abuse the bravo can but I think it will be durable enough for most needs.

TxLite

WKR
Have not used the bravo but I was shooting my 7 prc in a stockys vg2 on Friday and with the right lighting was able to see the bullet in flight until impact at 415 yards.

If you mean muzzle rise, it is better than factory due the buttpad and cheek piece being more inline with the barrel.
Do you see a reason why the hunter version would not handle recoil as well as this version? The geometry looks similar from pics, minus the grip.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you see a reason why the hunter version would not handle recoil as well as this version? The geometry looks similar from pics, minus the grip.

The grip alone will effect how much the rifle moves during recoil, however the drop at heel does look to be a bit more with it than the VG.

The KRG Bravo will be “easier” to shoot due to weight alone. It also has a slightly shorter trigger reach which is generally good. However, as a hunting stock, provided this one doesn’t spontaneously break, I will be choosing the Stocky’s generally. It is much lighter and still provides good handling and shootability.
this will sound dumb but can you give a rough % of an improvement over the oem stock that has a raised comb and vertical grip mod? keep going back and forth over weather or not 400$ is worth it as the weight savings is only a couple ounces.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
this will sound dumb but can you give a rough % of an improvement over the oem stock that has a raised comb and vertical grip mod? keep going back and forth over weather or not 400$ is worth it as the weight savings is only a couple ounces.

There isn’t a percentage really that would be accurate. I would say the rifle is most important, then a bombproof scope and mounting, then by far a suppressor. After that, if you want to upgrade it, the stock would be next. It is better than factory, the grip angle and shape is better, and the overall feel is better. With the factory stock it’s doable but challenging to spot your own impacts with the 308. It is easier with the Stocky’s VG.

Helislacker

Lil-Rokslider
There isn’t a percentage really that would be accurate. I would say the rifle is most important, then a bombproof scope and mounting, then by far a suppressor. After that, if you want to upgrade it, the stock would be next. It is better than factory, the grip angle and shape is better, and the overall feel is better. With the factory stock it’s doable but challenging to spot your own impacts with the 308. It is easier with the Stocky’s VG.
Do you think swapping a CTR out of a Bravo for the Stocky’s VG would work better for a dual purpose hunting/field match rifle? Or better to just keep it in the Bravo and also buy a T3x superlite?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you think swapping a CTR out of a Bravo for the Stocky’s VG would work better for a dual purpose hunting/field match rifle? Or better to just keep it in the Bravo and also buy a T3x superlite?

I’m like the Bravo for a match rifle. But it were primarily a hunting rifle with just using matches to practice with your hunting setup, the VG is good.

Jimbee

WKR
I just received a Stocky's tikka vg stock and the recoil lug (not supplied) didn't fit in tightly, had lots of slop. Is this a concern? Should I just make sure the action is slid back?

Sandstrom

WKR
IMG_0133.jpeg
Went to the range a few times this long weekend and got to shoot it a bit. So far so good, I am thinking some hockey tape around the grip will help. It will be out chasing antelope this weekend, I will see how it does in the real world:)
Ryan

I just received a Stocky's tikka vg stock and the recoil lug (not supplied) didn't fit in tightly, had lots of slop. Is this a concern? Should I just make sure the action is slid back?
The recoil lug on mine was a little loose. I thought about trying to get a very thin piece of shim stock to fit against the recoil lug. I got the stock because I didnt want to mess with bedding. I ended up just shooting it and it is fine.

atmat

WKR
You didn’t get one supplied? The Mountain Tactical that came with both of mine fit without slop.