Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Elite

WKR
Curious what everyone’s VG stock weighed? Mine came in today and weighs 27.5 oz? It is a calibrated scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Curious what everyone’s VG stock weighed? Mine came in today and weighs 27.5 oz? It is a calibrated scale.

22.9 oz without recoil lug. But I think they are adding a more solid fill now that add a little weight.

Tahoe1305

WKR

Have had mine for a long time (early model). 22.9oz no lug or BM

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpeg
    IMG_0989.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Elite

WKR
Figured it would be hollow
d9746d36b3023b48863bae3ab186e6d2.jpg

ElPollo

WKR
That trigger reach looks really far. Hopefully it’s just the angle. Mine should arrive soon

The trigger reach is really long on that stock. I was having to shoot it with my finger tips on the front of the grip until I added light weight epoxy to it.

Elite

WKR
Just a heads u to everyone. The stock is advertised at 23 oz. I spoke with them and they use a new foam in the butt stock. It now weighs 27.5 oz. They don’t seem to worried about making it right either for false advertising. What a waste of time and money

atmat

WKR
Just a heads u to everyone. The stock is advertised at 23 oz. I spoke with them and they use a new foam in the butt stock. It now weighs 27.5 oz. They don’t seem to worried about making it right either for false advertising. What a waste of time and money

I’m sorry to hear you’re frustrated and that the weight doesn’t line up with advertising. I have had incredible customer service with @Stockys.

ElPollo

WKR
I own a Stocky’s VG Hhunter stock for a Tikka and have nothing but good thinks to say about the company and their products. The stock was backordered, but arrived well ahead of schedule within an oz of the advertised weight. They’ve answered the phone every time I’ve called the business and answered every question. They provide a quality product for a reasonable cost in a reasonable timeframe. I can’t say the same for Manners. As for the Stocky’s product being comparable to Bell and Carlson, that’s just BS.

Sorry for your frustration and mixup. The website does now say 25-27oz so hopefully that solves future issues. Edit to add that the description says 23 but the specs section says 25-27 so I completely understand your issue.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

I pulled up the emails between you and Kim and she did offer you to send it back for a refund or a $50 refund for the inconvenience yesterday. I do apologize that we didn’t update it with the new foam weight. Please reach out if there’s anything I can do for you.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider

don't let 4 oz ruin your day. Seems pretty petty.

@Stockys , is there a way to get either the VG stock or the traditional hunter stock with the lighter foam fill for those that aren't concerned about the "hollow" sound and are weight weenies?

Or is there any solvent that one could pour into the opening under the butt pad to dissolve the foam that wouldn't hurt the CF shell? That may be a bad idea if the foam is acting as a structural support at all, but thought I'd ask.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Stockys , is there a way to get either the VG stock or the traditional hunter stock with the lighter foam fill for those that aren't concerned about the "hollow" sound and are weight weenies?

Or is there any solvent that one could pour into the opening under the butt pad to dissolve the foam that wouldn't hurt the CF shell? That may be a bad idea if the foam is acting as a structural support at all, but thought I'd ask.
We could do the lighter foam if it was requested.

No solvent is needed, you can just scrape out the butt foam. Takes a few minutes but we’ve done it before.

I will add that Kim will probably be apprehensive to allow the request because that means I will literally have to babysit said stock but I would do it.

We could do the lighter foam if it was requested.

No solvent is needed, you can just scrape out the butt foam. Takes a few minutes but we’ve done it before.

I will add that Kim will probably be apprehensive to allow the request because that means I will literally have to babysit said stock but I would do it.
Thanks! If it's possible, I'd be fine with scraping the foam out myself.

Fire_9

WKR

Maybe the tears you shed will make up for the extra 4.5 oz in the stock. Would you not have bought it if you knew it weighed 27.5 oz?

Harvey_NW

WKR
I pulled up the emails between you and Kim and she did offer you to send it back for a refund or a $50 refund for the inconvenience yesterday.
There's the key context that's often left out. Seems like a pretty generous offer to me..

just scrape out the butt foam.
Is this what you told Jake during the Rokstock fiasco?

Don't ban me..