Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

UP NORTH

WKR
No offense, but you overpaid. You can get a stainless shipped to your FFL for like $770 after shipping/taxes. Over the last month, you could get a $75 rebate on Tikkas, too. After FFL transfer fee ($25), you could've had a stainless for $725 all-in.

$200 is costly for a cut/thread. I pay $125 for a local guy who does incredible work.

I agree with this. But if they did, people would complain about the length they come in or about the thread pitch. You can't satisfy all customers.

@Stockys routinely has sales that keep these stocks well below $650. Some guys paid $384 for them earlier in the year on a deal. Additionally, it's not just the weight savings that makes it a good stock. It's a better design that improves recoil management over the factory stock.

I paid $775 for my stainless 223, sold my factory stock for $50 net, paid $125 to cut/thread, and bought a Stockys for $400. That's all in for $1250 before firing a shot.
Just curious where you picked up a stainless Tikka for $770 shipped? I ordered from Eurooptic and it came out to $871 to ship to my FFL.

lelliott8

FNG
If someone has a left hand, offer to send it to @Stockys. I sent them my T1x to model to create a new stock, and they had it back in no time while also being generous with a discount. Stand up company for sure.
Does this mean there should be a t1x stock option soon?

Just curious where you picked up a stainless Tikka for $770 shipped? I ordered from Eurooptic and it came out to $871 to ship to my FFL.
Im looking at Eurooptic now, looks like they have the stainless 223 1:8 for $799, plus $14 ground shipping. If your FFL is like mine, they will charge $20-$30 for the transfer fee, so $833 pre-tax? Also, if you just bought your tikka this past month, Eurooptic also shows a $75 rebate on Tikka rifles that goes through the end of the month... (for T3X rifles purchased between Nov 6th and Dec 31st 2023). Maybe you can get $75 bucks back on what you bought?

My local gun store usually has the stainless models priced at around the same $799, but they always seem to have a bit of room if they have what I want on the shelf. I dont think it would be hard to get to $770 pre-tax... especially if you want a common caliber like 6.5creed that they get a lot in.

atmat

WKR
Im looking at Eurooptic now, looks like they have the stainless 223 1:8 for $799, plus $14 ground shipping. If your FFL is like mine, they will charge $20-$30 for the transfer fee, so $833 pre-tax? Also, if you just bought your tikka this past month, Eurooptic also shows a $75 rebate on Tikka rifles that goes through the end of the month... (for T3X rifles purchased between Nov 6th and Dec 31st 2023). Maybe you can get $75 bucks back on what you bought?

My local gun store usually has the stainless models priced at around the same $799, but they always seem to have a bit of room if they have what I want on the shelf. I dont think it would be hard to get to $770 pre-tax... especially if you want a common caliber like 6.5creed that they get a lot in.
Again, GunZoneDeals sells for cheaper than EuroOptic

Again, GunZoneDeals sells for cheaper than EuroOptic
I was referring specifically to what the poster said he had paid at Eurooptic. However, I dont think that GunZoneDeals even has the 223 stainless tikka in stock anyway. Not the last time I checked anyway.

Dobermann

WKR
We can do our two models in the t1x. The new website is launching in a week so we were trying to not to add too much to the old site but if you call in the order we can do it manually.
Does this apply to the Rokstok also?

The Rokstok for a T1X would be a fantastic hunting platform but would probably own 22 field-based (not PRS-style) competitions.

Did anyone ever find a good pre fit recoil pad for the VG, or is it a grind your own proposition? I did try the Mossberg 935 limb saver, but wasn't happy with the fit, so took it off. I more want it for LOP.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Did anyone ever find a good pre fit recoil pad for the VG, or is it a grind your own proposition? I did try the Mossberg 935 limb saver, but wasn't happy with the fit, so took it off. I more want it for LOP.
I changed out the recoil pad to give better absorption and increase length of pull to 13.68 by adding the Limbsaver Airtech #10800. It fits pretty much perfectly on the stock. The new limbsaver actually added a little more length than I wanted so I cut down the mounting plate by 1/16 to make it as thin as I could. LOP is now 13.68 inches which is perfect. I was able to use one existing mounting hole and had to drill the other one which was not a big deal. The way the screws go in to the carbon is a little chincy and one original hole is sort of stripped so I added a little adhesive but it’s not been an issue. I think I heard they beefed it up in the new ones. The pad is just a tiny bit short and a touch wide but you don’t notice as it’s only 1/32nd” in any direction.

Attachments

• Pad bottom view.jpg
    Pad bottom view.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
  • pad side view.jpg
    pad side view.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 64

SDHNTR

WKR
For anyone wondering about backorder:

I ordered a VG for my T3x on Monday January 1st. Bare carbon, because I'm cheap, & it's UPS is scheduled to deliver it in the next couple of hours.

😃

@Stockys Thanks for the awesome quick turnaround!
Then why do they say backordered on the website? Product delivery in 4 days cannot logistically mean it was backordered to begin with. Confusing.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
We have shorter trigger reaches on most of our stocks. It’s because we used a howa mold to make the tikka fit. Our palm swell is one of the smallest but it’s not really the palm swell that would be different, it’s the grip style itself.
@Stockys: Are you saying that you are making changes to some of your existing stocks to shorten the trigger reach? Or will new stocks be introduced that will be influenced by some aspects of the RokStok design?

Would you consider adding trigger reach as a standard dimension that you list under the "nominal specs" for each of your stocks? It seems like reach varies not just by stock model but by inlet as well?

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Then why do they say backordered on the website? Product delivery in 4 days cannot logistically mean it was backordered to begin with. Confusing.
We cut to order as well as cut stock inventory. So yes it was technically backordered because it wasn’t already inletted. But those take priority on the list so that is why his shipped quickly. Raw carbon will always be a few days turn around, the finished models take the 6 weeks.