Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

woods89

WKR
It has a shorter trigger reach on the model 7. It's about 1.75"

That's good info. I have small hands, that would help!

Is there a chance an M7 version of the Rok stock may be available at some point? I totally get it if no, as I know you need a certain amount of sales, and M7s aren't around every corner.

Tartan

WKR
It has a shorter trigger reach on the model 7. It's about 1.75"

Does the forend have enough meat in it to widen the barrel channel to fit a sendero/rem varmint contour?

I'd want to get it inletted for the Badger M7 anyways and could just go have that done locally at the same time.

My tikka stock just showed up this morning. Back ordered on 9/2 in my hands on 9/13 id say that’s pretty good turn around time. Mine came with the mountain tactical lug and it’s a perfect fit in the stock. It took a little wiggling to get it line up then it seated right down. Finish on the stock is really nice. I haven’t noticed any burs, sharp edges, or any other imperfections in the molding. I got an olive web painted one and the olive paint itself is a little slick, although no more slick than an oem tikka stock. The webbing ads texture and feels adequate but time will tell if it’s enough. I’ll get it mounted up in a few days and see if I have any trouble with that, but overall I am very impressed with this stock.

Macintosh

WKR
Yep, in a moment of weakness I got one as well over the labor day sale. I was told 6 week backorder, but I got a tracking number yesterday. I wish most 6-week waits looked like that! I also got a web finish for the texture, so will see how slick it is.

Sandstrom

WKR
Two things…

1. Take my money for the new rokslide approved stock!!!

2. Thoughts on the original VG carbon tikka stock after a few days of antelope hunting. So far so good!! Was able to watch two DRT shots through the scope. After riding around for two long days in the truck driving mainly cow pastures and three or four belly crawl stalks has no noticeable issues. Mine is the base carbon, non finished option, only thing I added was hockey tape and foam to shorten trigger reach. The only complaint I came up with was mainly my fault, I was pulling up my rangefinder from my pocket on a stalk while prone and accidentally bumped it on the butt of the stock, sounded like I was beating a drum:) Luckily the wind was in my face and the antelope didn’t hear it!!

Action shot with dad. He had just shot a buck with the “rokslide special”.
IMG_0188.jpeg

Ryan

Count me in for one!

I’m going to order current model now and the ROK when it comes out. Hearing these short wait times I’m going to order what I want. I have two D18 T3X 6.5CM for wife and 6.5PRC for me.

Will the sporter fit the D18 fluted barrel?

Sandstrom

WKR
Count me in for one!

I’m going to order current model now and the ROK when it comes out. Hearing these short wait times I’m going to order what I want. I have two D18 T3X 6.5CM for wife and 6.5PRC for me.

Will the sporter fit the D18 fluted barrel?
Probably not, I have a D18 in a sendero contour and like it. Stockys said it was easy to sand out the channel to make it larger when I asked about it
Ryan
IMG_0158.jpegIMG_0156.jpegIMG_0157.jpeg

amassi

WKR
Here’s a d18 on top of a sporter contour
It’s sitting on top, not by much
3089c00d46643f5b94efaed546331d5d.jpg

d65efc91149b32afafeab4085b36aef6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s a d18 on top of a sporter contour
It’s sitting on top, not by much
3089c00d46643f5b94efaed546331d5d.jpg

d65efc91149b32afafeab4085b36aef6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an alpine veil barrel channel. I’m not sure if it’s the same as the d18 but it is bigger then the sporter channel
Man I love this forum!

Thank you @amassi for the pics and info and thank you @Stockys for listening to your customers (a business I want to support) and yes the veil is the same barrel contour!

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Alright so if anyone needs that contour for now just call and tell Kim or myself (Jessica) that you need that barrel channel and we can recut the barrel channel for you.

I’ll go ahead and add that as an option for inlet in the next few days as well.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
This has been part of our mission statement since we started in 2008 and it still holds true today. We are always willing to listen and keep the aftermarket stock market moving.

Stocky's® is not a common retailer, we are a community of like-minded individuals, working in concert with aftermarket suppliers, members (customers) and related businesses to keep this end of the firearms industry healthy, happy and moving ahead.