Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

brockel

WKR
The length of pull is perfect for me, though the micro limbsaver is lame.
Have you shot it yet? It must be stock design or how it fits me but I find the recoil less with this stock and slim recoil pad than it was with factory stock and thicker limbsaver pad in my 6.5 prc

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Have you shot it yet? It must be stock design or how it fits me but I find the recoil less with this stock and slim recoil pad than it was with factory stock and thicker limbsaver pad in my 6.5 prc
Interested to see if I feel the same way when I get a scope mounted up. It's got a carbon 6.5 PRC in it right now, will report back.

-J

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Did you go sporter on the barrel channel?
I got one of those m81 vgd from smga for the 500$ it's the fluted bbl. The oem stock makes a lot of contact and didn't group like I'd hoped so was thinking of throwing a better stock on it.

How do yours shoot?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

One is a thinner barrel wilderness model, the other was a compact. My invoices say varmint for both; I don't know what barrel the next will be.

They shoot as well as I can. The compact is a 6.5creed from the summer of 2020. A local shop here had similar rifles to what you got and my dad got one in Dec 2020 in 6.5creed. Both were very finicky with bullets but once I found some happy ones they are fine as well. My 30-06 wilderness is a great rifle and shoots any bullet well.

I shot the compact without bedding, and then after bedding, and it was the same. I like projects but I would tell you there's no need to bed. I can ot remember if I did bed the wilderness or not as I got it a month or so later. I have timneys on both rifles and think I had to Dremel sand a little bit around the safety lever, but I have had to do that with every stock and timneys.

Take note though there is a VG and a VG2 for the vanguard/howa, as well as I think a shorter and a classic Weatherby shaped option. The VG has a slimmer recoil pad, single stud up front, and rounded foreend; the vg2 has a thick pad, two studs up front, and a square parallel foreend. I am unsure if there's a difference in the butt shape or comb. I don't believe there is much weight difference between the two, but they are pretty close to the factory stock weight.

My wife has her 7-08 vanguard in a bravo stock, and I think that's a choice to consider as well.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Interested to see if I feel the same way when I get a scope mounted up. It's got a carbon 6.5 PRC in it right now, will report back.

-J
I shot mine with a short and light 5.7lbs total weight 7wsm shooting 175s 2875fps or so. I was surprised the mini pad did as well as it did.

Fwiw I didn’t like how the stock tikka pad felt with 6.5C.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
My VG Tikka stock came in yesterday. Mt Tact recoil lug was taped to the inside of the box...I almost missed it. Long day and it was late so I just installed the lug, put it on the scale (24 oz), and installed the barreled action/bm. Very well inlet, barrel was free floated evenly the entire length (sporter inlet/factory barrel). Recoil lug was nice and tight. Stock is slick but I'll use it a bit before I whine to much. Overall I'm impressed with it.

Considering the size/profile of the stock....has anyone compared this stock to any of Stocky's other VG stocks like the Howa Mini, Rem Model 7, Rem 700? I'm curious about how close they are on external dimensions.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
My VG Tikka stock came in yesterday. Mt Tact recoil lug was taped to the inside of the box...I almost missed it. Long day and it was late so I just installed the lug, put it on the scale (24 oz), and installed the barreled action/bm. Very well inlet, barrel was free floated evenly the entire length (sporter inlet/factory barrel). Recoil lug was nice and tight. Stock is slick but I'll use it a bit before I whine to much. Overall I'm impressed with it.

Considering the size/profile of the stock....has anyone compared this stock to any of Stocky's other VG stocks like the Howa Mini, Rem Model 7, Rem 700? I'm curious about how close they are on external dimensions.
The VG Mini and Model 7 are the same stock. They both have the same butt as the VG Tikka but a narrower tapered forend. The VGH 700 has the same butt stock but a longer forend then the Tikka and Mini/Model 7. It’s also more flat in the forend and has an angled forend nose instead of rounded.

Limbsaver air tech 10809 fits great, holes don’t line up so you’ll need to drill new ones and there’s a u shaped protrusion on the limbsaver that dr Dremel takes off in about 30 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw on another forum a guy said Limbsaver AirTech #10800 fit. he measured and that one matched the closest dims and said it worked

JCMCUBIC

WKR
The VG Mini and Model 7 are the same stock. They both have the same butt as the VG Tikka but a narrower tapered forend. The VGH 700 has the same butt stock but a longer forend then the Tikka and Mini/Model 7. It’s also more flat in the forend and has an angled forend nose instead of rounded.

Thanks Stockys, greatly appreciated.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Your T3x stock fits almost perfectly. Do you have an FFL? Happy to ship my barreled action to you
Yes we do. Shoot me your email and I’ll get it set up. Thank you! We just did the same thing with the left handed savage. Thanks to a customer we were able to do a program for left handed and ensure fit and function. I’ll hook you up with a discount on a stock as a thank you as well.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Does that mean you could also do a Sako 85 SM as well?
We have a few projects we’re working on that require new molds. The only thing we can do right now is new inlets if they fit into our existing line up since the other projects are happening right now. I’ll check and see about Sako. If not we can put it on the list for next year.