amassi

WKR
Sendero contour with a wideland sized
af97b54ad0642ce8907b1ac14b2b8508.jpg

barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ID_Matt

WKR
Does the grip to trigger seem as long as it looks?
Also, nice scope. 😁
It is a touch longer than I am used to, but doesn't bug me too much depending on how you grip the gun. I cup my hands slightly and can still get a 90 degree finger.

matthewmt

WKR
Anyone try one of these on a weatherby vanguard? I believe they're just the howa 1500 action.
Imagine you just keep the factory bottom metal and don't have to convert to box mags on these stocks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TxLite

WKR
Anyone try one of these on a weatherby vanguard? I believe they're just the howa 1500 action.
Imagine you just keep the factory bottom metal and don't have to convert to box mags on these stocks.

My buddy put the stockys sporter stock on his vanguard. Install went fine but he hasn’t shot it yet.

kickemall

WKR
On your Tikkas are you using aftermarket bottom metal or factory plastic? If you use plastic bottom metal can you torque to 60#?

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider

I have two vg2, not the vg, on vanguards.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Got mine today. Came with MT recoil lug, which fit perfectly tight. Fit and finish was miles better than I expected, and the texture of the desert tan paint was ideal.

Decided to press in a High Desert linear bottom metal. I like the extra trigger finger room and the tolerance for higher torque settings, though it was a bit finicky getting it to fit. This particular barreled action is destined for a highly modified Allterra stock where it will look slightly less stupid.

Once I got everything agreeing and the trigger functioning right (some weird bottom metal interference), I started testing for fit. The length of pull is perfect for me, though the micro limbsaver is lame. The trigger reach is longer than I'd prefer but perfectly workable at this price, like others have said. I have a size large hand with fairly short fingers. I can make the angle work by gripping low on the pistol grip. If I grip high on the pistol grip, it's quite hard to contort my index back down into the trigger guard and my position on the shoe sucks. I've tried to illustrate this in pictures, feel free to ask for measurements or other photo angles if you're as curious as I was.

This build weighed in at 6 pounds 5 oz with mag unscoped. Perfectly respectable. I'll get a loaner nightforce on it this weekend and take some groups before bedding. I think this stock wants to be under a 20" lite steel 6 creed or a .223 given the weight and recoil pad. If you have ideas let me know. Unless those ideas are 6 UM. Because I don't need any more temptation for that.

-J

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1083.jpeg
    IMG_1083.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1086.jpeg
    IMG_1086.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 156

matthewmt

WKR
I have two vg2, not the vg, on vanguards.
Did you go sporter on the barrel channel?
I got one of those m81 vgd from smga for the 500$ it's the fluted bbl. The oem stock makes a lot of contact and didn't group like I'd hoped so was thinking of throwing a better stock on it.

How do yours shoot?

amassi

WKR
Got mine today. Came with MT recoil lug, which fit perfectly tight. Fit and finish was miles better than I expected, and the texture of the desert tan paint was ideal.

Decided to press in a High Desert linear bottom metal. I like the extra trigger finger room and the tolerance for higher torque settings, though it was a bit finicky getting it to fit. This particular barreled action is destined for a highly modified Allterra stock where it will look slightly less stupid.

Once I got everything agreeing and the trigger functioning right (some weird bottom metal interference), I started testing for fit. The length of pull is perfect for me, though the micro limbsaver is lame. The trigger reach is longer than I'd prefer but perfectly workable at this price, like others have said. I have a size large hand with fairly short fingers. I can make the angle work by gripping low on the pistol grip. If I grip high on the pistol grip, it's quite hard to contort my index back down into the trigger guard and my position on the shoe sucks. I've tried to illustrate this in pictures, feel free to ask for measurements or other photo angles if you're as curious as I was.

This build weighed in at 6 pounds 5 oz with mag unscoped. Perfectly respectable. I'll get a loaner nightforce on it this weekend and take some groups before bedding. I think this stock wants to be under a 20" lite steel 6 creed or a .223 given the weight and recoil pad. If you have ideas let me know. Unless those ideas are 6 UM. Because I don't need any more temptation for that.

-J

Limbsaver air tech 10809 fits great, holes don’t line up so you’ll need to drill new ones and there’s a u shaped protrusion on the limbsaver that dr Dremel takes off in about 30 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk