Something GOOD due to COVID-19?

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
heck yea, sounds like you got it figured out. sadly most kids will just e sitting at home playing video games or something of the sort. good on you for giving them all something to do.

if for some reason i cant go to work i hope to look back at this time as the year i went shed hunting for 2 weeks straight hahahahahaha
Video games and Disney+ are the things that are going to keep me sane trying to work from home and take care of a five year old at the same time. Screen time recommendations are going out the window until this is over with and I am perfectly fine with that.

If you contract the virus they say to quarantine yourself for 14 days. Since my kids will be out of school I told work I contracted it on the 15th of April. Opening day for turkey

Yes, my kids are pretty “disappointed” to have no school for turkey season also. I guess I am going to have to take a bunch of time off work as well to aid with “social distancing”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

netman

WKR
16 bore my girls are grown up now. When they were younger they were a lot of help. They loved getting their hands dirty from working on our place. Now they have their own homes and are always borrowing my chopsaw and sawzall.
I like what your doing with your kids. Keep up the good work!
If my kids were kids again I would take them camping for a week or so. We love camping.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glass is also half full.

My kids (11 & 15) are out of school for 2 weeks. Um...OK. So far their “assignments from Dad”:

1. A family dinner planned, prepared, and served my them. “Clean kitchen to clean kitchen”. They’re pretty excited.

2. History lesson from their grandad.

3. Yardword.

4. Build a tree house.

5. Redecorate their rooms.

6. Start a garden.

In reality, as bad as this pandemic might/could be, this could be the beginning of something or end of a lot of something else. I feel pretty positive that “we’ll all get through this”. So when they are adults possibly they’ll have some good memories of 2020 and their free 2 week vacation.

What are you fellas thinking?

Spot on 👍
The kids and I have done 3 of your 6 this weekend, and just finished smoking chicken while practicing softball (with beer breaks for coach of course)
This is indeed a great time to slow down and circle back to what’s really important.
Only negative I have so far, is Jbehredt not inviting me to sling the fly rod.....

zacattack

WKR
Our first kid is due in April and work has told us to basically work at home until further notice, which is a possibility of being May. My goal is to be prepared for this little sucker when he gets here. I’m also going to just workout as much as I can and take my dog to the trails a couple times a week.

And my kid is now home for the next 2 weeks. Guess she can sort that 5 gallon buck of brass I have been picking up. LOL! Seriously though, it sounds like most of her teachers will be pushing assignments to the kids through the school web portal.

And for me, my work continues on. Nothing stop trains. Not floods, not tornadoes, not a flu bug.

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Just got the assignments for my youngest. Hmmm......year round school, less administration bullshit, less drama. Interesting for sure.

Oh...but lest we forget pajama day, movie day, the time between thanksgiving and Christmas when they don’t do shit anyway.

Not to mention parents working from home. I know my best thinking ain’t always between 7-5, M-F.

Forced perspective.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The ND governor closed schools for the week, and I expect he’ll extend it later this week. His message was great because he suggested using the time for positive purposes as is being discussed here.

Our kids will get to work on whatever academics their teachers deliver via the school’s system, plus whatever programs my wife finds such as Khan Academy. We figure they can knock out as much or more than at school In less time since they don’t have to work around all the discipline distractions. And they’ll work on some Boy Scout merit badges, clean the house, and build stuff in the wood shop. Maybe we’ll go shooting or hiking next weekend.

We don’t tolerate much time on video games, and we position the computers so we can always see what’s going on. It’s like trying to manage drug users.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Due to several of our daughters b-ball events being cancelled, I had more time than usual this weekend and got a TON of spring cleaning projects done. It also snowed several inches and was FREEZING, so outdoor activities were out. It reminded me how much I can get done around the house if I can’t go to Target It also reminded me of when Ryan got the chicken pox a few summers ago and we cleaned out the garage for the first time in YEARS. #glasshalffull

I’m a senior in high school and we are closed for at least 4 weeks. I will continue with my AP classes through the school portal, but I’m looking forward to working more hours and spending more time with family and friends.

We will try to get a lot of hiking, mountain biking, running, scouting, and maybe some turkey hunting in. Also gotta set up my sister’s bow, build her some arrows, and get her to start shooting, do lots of trail running and rucking, build my next batch of Nock On arrows, and shoot a ton while I have the chance!

blackdawg

WKR
My kid finished his Eagle project lst weekend, the break from school will give him plenty of time to work on the paperwork requirements . After 4 months of rain the horses have gone wild, time to remind them it’s time to pay for that hay they ate this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk