Something GOOD due to COVID-19?

gbflyer

WKR
Social distancing. Oh wait...we live in the weeds anyway.

4ab7d9973e8c5666217f9f84c548d79b.jpg

53af2a6e7d9c7d487811ff4a21150870.jpg

Lowg08

WKR
I believe allot of good can come out of it myself. The pastor even preached on not looking at the ugly cocoon but what the butterfly will look like. We have shot 3D helped on the kids aunts farm fished and I bought a new deer target and it’s taking a beating. We will be scouting and checking cameras this weekend

Keeping your head on straight during stressful times is really important. I find fishing to be very good at relaxing my mind and allowing me to focus on the task. Water temps are increasing and fish are beginning to run.

IMG_6154.JPG

7Bartman

WKR
I must say I'm happy to see this thread as I'm having the same experiences. My kids are home with my wife (ex teacher). They are quickly finding out that Mom has higher expectations than their teacher. I had a great time playing with them at recess and then before dinner we took a family mile run. After dinner chores and then time for pull-ups, jiu-jitsu, and reading before bed. I'll get them out shed hunting this weekend.

Last edited:

Vids

WKR
Someone mentioned above how the country came together after 9/11, and I am starting to feel the same way about this. I went out today to buy some things, and stopped into work as well. The general spirit of the people I ran into was very friendly and supportive to each other. I think it will continue and people will patronize the hell out of restaurants and the like to get everyone back on their feet once it's over.

Timing wise - this couldn't have worked out better for my current situation. The little ones are with their mom for spring break right now, and now I am working from home. I just closed on a house the week before this happened and need all the extra time I can get to unpack and get squared away. Think it's tough to keep kids happy at home during a school shutdown? LOL, try it when you're living in a sea of boxes and don't even know where their clothes and toys are.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, you already gave me some great ideas:
1. New neighborhood has a stocked lake two houses down, time to take the kids fishing there. Hopefully there wasn't any panic buying of worms.
2. Hopefully we can catch a few keepers and we can all make a nice dinner together. That would be a good lesson on how to sustain yourself in hard times.
3. After fishing, time to try out the fire pit in the back yard (and hope to God I can find the S'mores sticks beforehand)
4. Plant our vegetable garden together.

But yeah, there will be some movie time for them. They love their movies and nature shows, and truthfully Dad is better suited to be the engineer I am than an elementary teacher and I will need a little bit of time to decompress while they chill out.

SoDaky

WKR
There will be huge advances in science,medicine and other fields.Our military will get their act together re 'China'-particularly with respect to meds.Hopefully a wake up call for everyone as to the 'real' world.

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter's silver lining: Boston Marathon is postponed, she was qualified but injured and unable to train. Now she can run it!

Tagalong

FNG
Seems like the social distancing is making for some down time in the ever busy schedule. Between all the birthday parties and practices, a weekend in the house is hard to come by. It will be a great time to get the kids turning a wrench with me in the garage. Seems like a good time to teach the 9yr old how to use the torque wrench.

boom

WKR
i think people will have a better odds of drawing some elk tags. i think this whole thing took the draw to the back burner.

it did for me. :(

My middle kid was able to get a silver in wrestling before they bagged the season... joined him today on the range to try our some hand loads on a gas gun. He’s a chip off the old block - we never let school get in the way of our education!

3EAB6B5D-92F1-4FB4-836D-CDD59C017166.jpeg

Straight-up white bass I'm positive. The river I'm fishing does have white/striped bass hybrids and those dudes are fun to catch too.

I can eat a whole bucket full of those suckers! Gonna try for some kokanee this weekend... boat has been parked since October and I’m embarrassed.