So what's the verdict on the cheap Monstrum scope rings?

Ironically I just returned a set yesterday. They did not fit the rear picatiny slots on my Burris steel rear base for my Howa. Ordered a pair of Burris Z instead. They are a little heavier but gtg in my experience.

Never mind, I pulled that rifle out of the safe and found a cracked ring cap. Installed per directions using a torque driver. It was not cracked the last time I shot this rifle so it happened in storage.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 24
I only use them in 22’s. When they do fail it’s cheap and fun to sight back in. Try and keep yourself from running 5 rounds in a 10/22 to sight in and then you HAVE TO finish off the magazine. Then you should finish off the box just to be safe.

Never mind, I pulled that rifle out of the safe and found a cracked ring cap. Installed per directions using a torque driver. It was not cracked the last time I shot this rifle so it happened in storage.
That ain’t good. Now I’m wondering about mine.

The directions say 18 in/lbs and I’m pretty sure that’s what I went with. I didn’t lap them or anything but they seemed pretty square and I made sure they were even on each side.

The directions say 18 in/lbs and I’m pretty sure that’s what I went with. I didn’t lap them or anything but they seemed pretty square and I made sure they were even on each side.
That’s worrisome for me. Same thing I did. I guess I’ll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

That’s worrisome for me. Same thing I did. I guess I’ll see what happens. Thanks for the info.
The last time I shot that rifle was when I installed these rings and sighted in. I looked it over pretty well and would have noticed a crack. It’s been in the safe since so that’s where it happened.

Reactions: BLJ
I bought a pair because I needed a cheap set of rings fast. They were fine on the first rifle. When I tried to move it to another rifle, the piece that clamps it to the rail cracked.

1 easy call and I had replacements on the way. Excellent customer service.

Back