Sitka, Kuiu, or Firstlite

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
The proximity line looks quite good. I have all first lite but will be trying Kuiu in the future.

BradD20

FNG
My favorite setup has been first lite base layers with Sitka outer layers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

collinjet

FNG
I've looked at Stika and Kuiu in stores but found myself ordering First Lite. I've been happy with the garments I've ordered over the years. Hope to keep ordering more as time goes on lol!

Dirtbag

WKR
Kuiu for me. Sitka's sizing was off for me and First Lite only lasted two seasons before it all fell apart.

I ended up going all in on Sitka. I think for me a lot of it came down to what fit the best. They each make good gear so it really comes down to what fits you and whether they have a line that suits your hunting style

jmenz2424

FNG
First lite does not have durability issues. Very well made and the specter camo is amazing.

Hudsy

FNG
I really like my first lite gear. I’d like to give the Kuiu stuff a shot but not sure how it would hold up in the midwestern thickets. Pnuma’s nylon pants are strong as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jroot327

FNG
If you hunt where it gets cold and there is wind, you cannot go wrong with Sitka. The Windstopper membrane is a lifesaver in the cold windy rut hunts of the midwest. Even if you have to buy a little bigger to layer underneath, it's the best stuff out there for treestand hunting the rut in the northern half of the country.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried skre as well. The rain gear is pretty good. I just got the hardscrabble pants and while I don't mind em. For bowhunting they're terrible. They're loud as hell. The fit is good somewhat. Little too baggy for what i like but they seem durable. Will save them for squirrel hunting or something.

Wolfshead

FNG
I have no experience with FL or Sitka.
I have a lot of Kuiu.
I hunt Whitetails in CNY. So it can be 75 degrees to below zero degrees in any given season.
Kuiu is not made for whitetail hunting in my mind.
They have however come out recently with their proximity line (a little late in my opinion) but I haven’t heard much about it yet from people who have used it, so the jury is still out there.
I have their wool under layers and some is ten years old and looks like new.
Some of their mid layers as well are good too .
I have the guide DCS jacket in XXL (I’m 5’7” and 180 lbs.) with layering anything smaller was too tight. It’s a good soft shell for early to mid season but not late season temps!
I also have several pairs of their attack pants and recommend them. I usually wear a size 34 jeans but have to wear a 36 in attack pants.
Kuiu runs SMALL!
I’m really interested in how the proximity lines pans out and can’t wait to hear some reviews on that.

Oregonboy

WKR
I'm liking First Lite base layers, Sitka Jet Stream jacket, and Kuiu Attack or Prana Zion's are easily my favorite pants.

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
Mix of random stuff for mobile hunting and base layers/rain gear/wind proof and puffy stuff. But for long days sitting I’m using solitude bibs and a sanctuary jacket and now that it’s 20 degrees with a foot of snow i switch my bibs to the sanctuary bibs and same jacket. Hike in super light and put on heavy bibs and jacket. Works for me! Best fit for whitetail
Stuff I’ve found. HOWEVER, the new proximity stuff looks insane.

mcfd45

FNG
I’m in Michigan and we only do stand hunting. Spot and stalk doesn’t really work as well here.

For outerwear I have the cabelas/redhead tundra pants. They are great at blocking the wind and cold.

For a coat I have an old gander mountain 4-1 parka deal. It is bulky as heck. I want a new jacket, but it isn’t really needed.

Base layer is the heavy or mid weight stuff I get from cabelas.

Mid layers? I don’t use mid layers on bottom. I don’t like how sweaty I get. On top I use a kuiu merino 200 hoodie. I also throw on a generic vest over top of that.

Gloves.
I love to have warm hands. This next year I am going to change it up to a hand muff with chemical warmers and light gloves.
Currently I use the cabelas stand hunter mittens on really cold days.
I switch to a generic glove when I am drying them out.

Hats. Can’t speak highly enough of the Kenai hat from kuiu. Love that thing.
I really am looking forward to the hand muff idea next year.

Lowg08

WKR
Hey I want to throw another option in. I handled the scentlok fortress and divergent for cold stand hunting

I run a mix set up.
I love FL Marino base layers. For early to mid-season, I run FL base, and the Foundry pant. It warm, vents well for walking in, and the knee pads help a lot when in a saddle and up against the tree. I run the Sitka fanatic hoody over bases because like the built-in facemask. helps conceal but also helps keep the child of wind off your face a bit.
40-30 I run the FL solitude set up. It is dead quiet, warm, and not bulky. I hate gloves so I really enjoy the kit link.
Below 30 degrees, I move to Sitka incinerator bibs. They are warm, block wind, and waterproof. That helps when sitting in a frosted or wet seat. I have never had any issues with noise.
Run sitka fanatic because its quiet for bow and warmer than FL solitude. Plus, the kangaroo packet is awesome for running handwarmers and no gloves. I keep my phone in there too.
Personally, I found the fanatic and incenerator set up warmer than the FL sanctuary. plus you find sales on sitka easier than FL.
The FL tundra barvacla is awesome. my favorite cold weather piece. It fits me better than sitka heavy beanies and gaitor. I can hear better and it breathes better.
This is my preferred set up for White tail.

With that being said, the Kuiu proximity line in vero camo looks pretty sweet!

Stroudwf

FNG
I think it’s all personal preference. I love my Sitka though. Do some research and go with what you feel is best, I’d assume they are all fairly close in technology. Just make sure it’s correct to your application