Sitka 2022 Rumors

sr80

WKR
Sitka has a new Traverse line and a new Ambient line. And last year they came out with the Aerolite. To the great detriment of my checking account, I’ve been a Sitka user for many years and own a fair amount of their clothing. But for the life of me, I don’t understand what the difference is between all of these clothing lines.

if I was looking for a new jacket to hunt geese or whitetail, it was pretty easy to go to the Sitka web page and decide what I need. But if I was looking for a new big game jacket, what really is the real world difference between the product lines.

I initially thought it might be a good, better, best product line but that does not seem to be the case either. Or it could just be slick marketing.

maybe somebody has a clear understanding they could share.
They're all quiet different, lots of videos of the different items you listed to learn about what's different between each piece and what they'd be best used for.

My understanding is this:

Aerolite: lightweight like down but keeps you warm when wet. Designed as an insulating layer

Traverse: redesign of several items into one new line that uses recycled materials and is similar in design to the old traverse cold weather hoody with a lofty berber fleece, pants similar in design. Designed for a broad range of uses as stand alone or within a layering system.

Ambient: highly breathable with some weather resistant outer, designed to be an active layer of insulation for people on the move but also can be used as a static insulating layer as well.

There is some overlap of the three different designs for sure, but they are distinctly different as i described above, with different intentions.

My understanding is this:

Aerolite: lightweight like down but keeps you warm when wet. Designed as an insulating layer

Traverse: redesign of several items into one new line that uses recycled materials and is similar in design to the old traverse cold weather hoody with a lofty berber fleece, pants similar in design. Designed for a broad range of uses as stand alone or within a layering system.

Ambient: highly breathable with some weather resistant outer, designed to be an active layer of insulation for people on the move but also can be used as a static insulating layer as well.

There is some overlap of the three different designs for sure, but they are distinctly different as i described above, with different intentions.
For whitetail I was thinking the traverse might be a good option for a early to mid season. Then throw the stratus over top for mid to late season layering system

jd1006

WKR
The traverse feels like the 90% Sitka line to some extent. You’ve got that for most of the season, and then throw on the wind proof / water proof layers as needed. I think the Traverse and thunderhead is a good pairing for a whitetail guy who wants to take some gear out West (sub alpine looks good enough for tree stand hunting to me).

For whitetail I was thinking the traverse might be a good option for a early to mid season. Then throw the stratus over top for mid to late season layering systemt

the traverse jacket is as warm or warmer than a stratus IMO. I use mine for whitetail.

Brewcrew9

FNG
Is there any different in fit with this new traverse hoody in comparison to the old equinox hoody or traverse cold weather hoody?

Is there any different in fit with this new traverse hoody in comparison to the old equinox hoody or traverse cold weather hoody?

The older one was one of my go to whitetail pieces. Overall, the new one is an improvement for me. It fits a bit less boxy than the older version and has more length in the body. Sleeves dont feel quite as bulky around the forearms. Biggest change, I didnt like the collar on the older version as a bowhunter. It stood straight up and was oversized and the hood was attached to it in an awkward way. The new one, there is no real collar, the hood/collar is 1 piece and lays down and stays out of the way when you dont have the hood on.

Only thing I dont like about the new version, and its personal preference, is the longer sleeves to cover the hand and added thumbholes. I prefer a regular wrist cut sleeve on this one, will likely chop and hem them at the wrist.

For guys using the traverse stuff for whitetail. Are any of you putting the mountain jacket over to block wind? Thinking of trying it out but I’d like to have something to put over the top to cut the wind on those long days in the stand

For guys using the traverse stuff for whitetail. Are any of you putting the mountain jacket over to block wind? Thinking of trying it out but I’d like to have something to put over the top to cut the wind on those long days in the stand

The traverse isnt awful in wind, Ive worn a mountain vest under it before with good results, but if the wind is really whipping Id go with a jetstream jacket over top of a heavyweight hoody or fl kiln hoody.

I tend to like my traverse hoody for when the wind and precipitation are not crazy. It will handle a little wind and rain but you start to feel it. I will reach for my jetstream for super windy conditions. Having said that, the traverse breather better so it is a trade off.

Word on the Bozeman streets is that they are fazing out all current systems and introducing a full season multifunction performance sleeping bag coverall. A one piece wonder that facilitates sleeping, glassing, hiking, shooting and everything in between. Center zip for venting on those long pack outs.
I've got one of these in treebark camouflage from about 92 🤣🤣

RAPTOR

WKR
The traverse isnt awful in wind, Ive worn a mountain vest under it before with good results, but if the wind is really whipping Id go with a jetstream jacket over top of a heavyweight hoody or fl kiln hoody.

The mountain vest doesn't get much love here, which is crazy because it adds windstopper to whatever you want. The windstopper keeps the heat in when worn close to your body under something like the traverse. Jetstream in a treestand was way too loud for me. Stratus is hands down the best outer treestand layer out there.

scersine

FNG
Sitka Apex on 50% discount on their website. Almost sure sign of a new version coming. Does anyone know what might be in the pipeline?

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
Based on the way they seem to be consolidating lines and combining things a little, my guess (total guess) is we maybe get a fanatic hoody in subalpine.