Sitka 2022 Rumors

That'd be terrible news.
We’re pushing into June and I’m guessing if they have new products, they should be announcing them soon. Folks start to make gear and clothing purchasing decisions in late summer getting ready for fall.
I called Sitka customer service to inquire. The guy I talked to said they weren’t coming out with a new pattern this year. Too bad

sr80

WKR
Sitka pants used to be my go to, but now i wont even consider them with all the options with size zips for venting.

Looks like the kelvin active jacket became the ambient jacket....still without a hood, and the Belichick got full sleeves in the ambient hoody. They couldve just added a hood to the existing KAJ and that wouldve been the perfect piece. Looks to be a well rounded mid layer piece though. Interested in the function of the insulation. Might wait for resident mid layer expert @mtwarden to guinea pig it first.

Last edited:

jd1006

WKR
I’ll be curious to see how that hoody compares to the patagonia nano air light (which looks exactly like that). I like the solids option

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
There's also seemingly more (of a different kind of) insulation so curious if its warmer than the KA or Belichick.

TheTone

WKR
I’ll be curious to see how that hoody compares to the patagonia nano air light (which looks exactly like that). I like the solids option
Wish the jacket had more solid options

Only other thing with Sitka this year is the prices seem to be climbing! $200 for the ascent pants is insane

jd1006

WKR
I think he Patagonia Nano Air Light Hoody went for $250 when they still had it. Not saying any clothing is really worth these prices, but I’ve found that they all seem to price in the same range and then you wait for the inevitable 20-40% off sale—or for a lightly used one to show up on a resell site.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw some new things up called the Ambient collection on the Sitka web page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
On the Ambient, it looks like they are using 100 grams of Primaloft Evolve insulation, which I haven't heard of, and doing away with the kangaroo pocket. And adding full sleeves. (The Kelvin Active hoody uses 90 grams of Polartec Alpha Direct and a kangaroo pocket.) Interesting. But, yes, I can wait until it's 40-50% off, just like I did with the Kelvin Active Hoody. I have no problem beeing 2-3 years behind the bleeding edge of insulation technology....

Just recieved the ambient hoody this past week. This is the midlayer piece I’ve been waiting for from Sitka. I bought in pyrite and it looks great. It’s definitely an upgrade from the kelvin active series. Only thing I’d change about it would be to add hand pockets or a kangaroo pouch, but I understand they were trying to keep the weight down.

Just recieved the ambient hoody this past week. This is the midlayer piece I’ve been waiting for from Sitka. I bought in pyrite and it looks great. It’s definitely an upgrade from the kelvin active series. Only thing I’d change about it would be to add hand pockets or a kangaroo pouch, but I understand they were trying to keep the weight down.
Can you explain why this is tue mid layer you have been waiting for?

I am close to pulling the trigger on the hoody but haven’t been convinced yet.

Also, what other mid layers have you used in the past to compare the ambient with?

Can you explain why this is tue mid layer you have been waiting for?

I am close to pulling the trigger on the hoody but haven’t been convinced yet.

Also, what other mid layers have you used in the past to compare the ambient with?
I’ve been looking for a mid layer that you can actually move in and not sweat your balls
off, and if you do sweat it up it dries quickly. It will be perfect over your base layer for this purpose.

Basically, this will be a direct replacement for all my fleece mid layers. Plus it will be more weather resistant than say a heavyweight hoody, stone glacier helio hoody, first lite Klamath/Origin.

It will also serve you well as an outer layer piece in milder weather.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking for a mid layer that you can actually move in and not sweat your balls
off, and if you do sweat it up it dries quickly. It will be perfect over your base layer for this purpose.

Basically, this will be a direct replacement for all my fleece mid layers. Plus it will be more weather resistant than say a heavyweight hoody, stone glacier helio hoody, first lite Klamath/Origin.

It will also serve you well as an outer layer piece in milder weather.
Can you talk to the level if insulation in the hoody? I know in TX this time of year there is no way to gauge how warm the hoody mught be, but comparatively, do you think this will be on par with the heavyweight hoody, or something a little more substantial than the hvywt hoody and more akin to something like the fanatic hoody or even more like the midi jacket?

Can you talk to the level if insulation in the hoody? I know in TX this time of year there is no way to gauge how warm the hoody mught be, but comparatively, do you think this will be on par with the heavyweight hoody, or something a little more substantial than the hvywt hoody and more akin to something like the fanatic hoody or even more like the midi jacket?
Warmth wise, with the little experience I have running it in cooler temperatures I'd say it's comparable to the heavyweight hoody. I think the fanatic hoody would be warmer by a touch. The insulation on the inside of the ambient hoody I would say resembles a light berber fleece, but when you inspect it closely you can see why it would breathe well. It does feel like a pretty thin piece, but thus far its been deceptively warm.

If you are looking for a warmer piece the ambient jacket has "heavier" insulation with 150 grams vs the hoddy's 100 gram insulation.