Single best/most important lift for Mountain Hunting training?

PA 5-0

WKR
I dont know if its the best but I do Step Ups about knee high or better with at least 40# or more in my pack on my back.

What he said, especially the knee high or higher part. I think that step ups with a pack or holding dumbells is the closet simulation of a strong climbing movement. I like these better than squats because each leg is being isolated and lifting your entire body weight plus what your holding. I prefer dumbells as ur shoulders and arms are catching a workout too. And you can always throw in some arm curls during the step up if u get bored. Trust me when I tell ya your heart will be thumping!!

avodude

Lil-Rokslider
Single leg squats.

100 lb single leg squat or 200 lb or more back squat (below parallel). Most people can't do a 200 lb or heavier thruster plus thrusters and clean type movements load up the front of your body and not so much the posterior (which needs more emphasis in this case). Heavier weight training helps make the heavy load "feel" easier and more controllable.

mohawk32

Lil-Rokslider
In any non-CrossFit gym that trains weight lifters you won't see the term squat clean. Unless it has "power" in front of it "clean" implies there will be a squat at the end.

Otherwise the competition lift would be called "squat clean and jerk." Right?

CF does the same thing with the snatch and call it a "squat snatch" when they want the full movement done. I really don't know why.

bmart2622

WKR
Ive never heard of a squat clean and jerk or squat snatch. I thinks its just different technique that gets used. A lot of the pure oly lifters catch the bar pretty deep into the clean especially when lifting very heavy weight making a power clean look like a squat clean.

amp713

WKR
YOU ALL FAIL!

If you had to pick one thing to do to make you be in better shape to hunt the correct answer is of course hunt more!!!!!!

rhendrix

WKR
YOU ALL FAIL!

If you had to pick one thing to do to make you be in better shape to hunt the correct answer is of course hunt more!!!!!!

While I can't argue with that, East Texas doesn't offer the elevation that the western states do. Seems like I get the most bang for my buck from bleachers or step ups.

Thrusters, front squats or overhead squats. But I think versatility in your lifts is vital in order to allow you to achieve your goals. I saw Christmas Abbott doing a Snatch to overhead squat....which might be the best combo lift.

amp713

WKR
Just had to troll it for a little bit but i agree with most of these.... I think a clean style work out is best. Just depends on which type works best for you

100 lb single leg squat or 200 lb or more back squat (below parallel). Most people can't do a 200 lb or heavier thruster plus thrusters and clean type movements load up the front of your body and not so much the posterior (which needs more emphasis in this case). Heavier weight training helps make the heavy load "feel" easier and more controllable.

There is much more to doing a pistol than just lowering and raising a weight.

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
Snatches...snatches.. and more snatches...nothing else invokes a more complex neuromuscular chain...with a ton of core strength.. balance..and technique.