Silver State Nelson Bighorn Tag

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to you and what an opportunity.

Can't wait to read the hunt story.

Time to get to busting your rear. Very short prep time for you.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you want some advice let me know my friend drew the tag a few years back, I am sure he could offer some advice. He hired a guide and they got a look at probably every single sheep in the state.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
If you want some advice let me know my friend drew the tag a few years back, I am sure he could offer some advice. He hired a guide and they got a look at probably every single sheep in the state.
I would love to talk to him.

I will message you my phone number.

I helped someone on a hunt in Nevada in 2016. We ended up killing a 172" ram. I'm dreaming of the day I draw a sheep tag there if I'm ever lucky enough

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Any updates? Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to exciting. My guide is working his tail off. Found several really good rams. Haven't found one that could really push the 180" mark yet.

I told him I'm not in a rush, and it sounds like if we have to wait until October there are plenty of 170" rams we can go kill if we can't turn up a monster.

I'm honestly enjoying seeing the pictures of what they are finding and am ok with this going on for a while. After looking at a few I will be elated with a 170 or a 180, all of them are studs to me. I love talking to my guide and hear him talk about the slightest variation in base measurement making all the difference. I can tell it stresses those guys out and I'm just enjoying hearing all about it.

My bag is packed and my rifle is dialed!

j_volt

WKR
Congrats on an awesome tag! I look forward to hearing about everything.

How does this work now with the guide? If he finds a giant, you rush there and hope to turn him back up?

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Congrats on an awesome tag! I look forward to hearing about everything.

How does this work now with the guide? If he finds a giant, you rush there and hope to turn him back up?
Thank you! Yes. As soon as he finds the one we want, I will try to fly out the next day. Then we hunt hard to turn him up. If we can't do him, I'll fly back out at a later date.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
robie

robie

WKR
Who’s your guide ?
He's asked me not to mention him. It's highly competitive between the three outfitters trying to turn up the biggest ram in the state.

To my knowledge, no one has killed at this point. The auction tag guys are paying big $$ just for scouting, and I'm sure looking all over the state. I'm curious to see what everyone kills.

If you look at the reports from the last few years, neither the auction tag nor the Silver State tag have won a buckle ( top 3 in the state).

Maddog58

FNG
He's asked me not to mention him. It's highly competitive between the three outfitters trying to turn up the biggest ram in the state.

To my knowledge, no one has killed at this point. The auction tag guys are paying big $$ just for scouting, and I'm sure looking all over the state. I'm curious to see what everyone kills.

If you look at the reports from the last few years, neither the auction tag nor the Silver State tag have won a buckle ( top 3 in the state).

Gotcha. I’m pretty sure I can figure it out

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Kind of like a J.J. hunt, but we know ol' Wade Lemon won't be guiding it ......
You are correct. I know I will never have the chance to buy a tag and figured this is my one opportunity to play the game like the rich people do. I will let you guys know how I feel about it after it is all said and done.

It is not Wade Lemon! That is one crazy story.

Last edited: