Silver State Nelson Bighorn Tag

robie

WKR
My email from NDOW was a little different this time.

"NR Silver State Nelson (Desert) Bighorn Sheep Result: Successful"

When selecting the silver state options I am fine making the donation every year. Never did I dream I would get the tag.
I'm not sure it's fully set in that I'll be sheep hunting this summer. Season opens July 1st and most guides estimate I would have a sheep on the ground from between mid July and mid August.

There are 3 tags total, 2 auction and mine. I'm excited to see the 3 rams that these tags go on.

If anyone has hunted NV for sheep please share your stories and guides you've used.

cbarg14

FNG
My email from NDOW was a little different this time.

"NR Silver State Nelson (Desert) Bighorn Sheep Result: Successful"

When selecting the silver state options I am fine making the donation every year. Never did I dream I would get the tag.
I'm not sure it's fully set in that I'll be sheep hunting this summer. Season opens July 1st and most guides estimate I would have a sheep on the ground from between mid July and mid August.

There are 3 tags total, 2 auction and mine. I'm excited to see the 3 rams that these tags go on.

If anyone has hunted NV for sheep please share your stories and guides you've used.
Outstanding! Congratulations, man!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

packer58

WKR
Congrats .......... hope you bought a stack of lottery tickets while your on a roll .......

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Congrats .......... hope you bought a stack of lottery tickets while your on a roll .......
I've heard that from a few buddies today!

The excitement from the outfitters I've talked to really put it in perspective. For me the difference between a 170" and a 176" ram is very hard to grasp. For them its everything to try to find something that would push the 180" mark and know they are only competing with 2 other hunters across the state is just a different level. I've only gone on a couple of outfitted hunts but you can hear it in their voice how much they want to guide this hunt and have this experience with me.

Whoever I pick will start putting out cameras next week and the hunt will be on!

H280

FNG
You’re a lucky man! Buy some lottery tickets! They probably have better odds!

HoytHntr4

WKR
Congratulations! Always great when someone on here draws a tag like that. Hopefully you could do a write up after the hunt. I would probably put in a call to Silver State Guides if I had that kind of tag. Good luck!

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Congratulations! Always great when someone on here draws a tag like that. Hopefully you could do a write up after the hunt. I would probably put in a call to Silver State Guides if I had that kind of tag. Good luck!
I will include a full story of the experience. It's not one I ever thought I would get to be part of but I'm excited to share it with the community.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations. Have a hunt of a lifetime.

Here I am having people congratulate me for drawing a horns shorter than ears antelope tag 😂

Congratulations on your tag! Enjoy the hunt and don't let the inches get the best of you. Please keep us updated on how its going!

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations! You are going to have an awesome experience! Please keep us updated on your scouting and hunt.

I didn't use a guide last year, but I did interact with Victor Trujillo on the unit. He was great to talk with and definitely knows sheep in NV. I would not hesitate to go with him for a tag like this. He gave me some great pointers, offered lots of encouragement and even sent me some photos he had of the ram I ended up harvesting from earlier in the year.