Silly things you heard as a kid

Randle

WKR
We didnt want to lie to our kids so we told them the truth about Santa. about around age 6 or 7
Got a call from the school, "We understand not wanting to lie to your son but Chris almost got in a fist fight with his friend over whether Santa was real or not"

hikenhunt

WKR
I was misbehaving at the doctor's office and the doctor told me if I didn't stop that "I'll hang you by your toes and make fly paper out of you!"

Bucky44

FNG
In the sixties there were only a few decoys around. Old cardboard silohettes of geese. The story was that it was illegal to shoot a duck coming to a goose decoy. It was supposedly unsportsmanlike because the ducks could not resist. Heard it many times.
If you don’t knock it off, you are going to be picking your teeth out of your shit!

WoodBow

WKR
As a young kid, when my mom would pull my shirt off, over my head with my arms stretched out over my head, she would say "skin a rabbit." Now I say it to my young kids. I can assure you my mom never skinned a rabbit. I'm not sure where she picked it up from. But it makes me smile to remember.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
That was a weird thing in our family as well - I never figured out who wrapped or wrote notes from Santa, but it was so consistent, and the disinformation was so good, a politician would be proud. :)
fun part of mine was that there was no chimney so am guess my Santa walked through the front door.

Rayylockk

FNG
I had a bad habit of not wearing my seatbelt. Once the seatbelt indicator alarm went off my mom said I had 10 seconds from the last beep to put on my seatbelt, otherwise I would get shocked. I believed it for quite some time!