Silly things you heard as a kid

7mm-08

WKR
Poor shooters - "He couldn't hit a bear in the a-- with a snowshoe."

Poor workers - "He's so pathetic he couldn't get l--d in a whorehouse with a fist full of 50's."

Coldtrail

WKR
Different variation of one previously posted:
"He couldn't get l--d in a monkey whorehouse if he walked in with two sacks of bananas"

"It's important to realize there are two kinds of dumb, there are people who are box of rocks dumb, know they are dumb as a box of rocks and keep their mouth shut, this guy we are about to meet isn't one of those people"

Here's one recently said by my recently passed away father who got his tree stand stolen a couple seasons back:

"The problem with society today is that people no longer worry about getting a house full of bullet holes when they do stupid $hit"

I was thinking about my grandpa today and how much I miss him. He like many grandpas helped introduce me to the outdoors. He would pull into the driveway to pick me up to go grouse hunting and when I’d jump in the truck he’d say “maybe we’ll see a snowshoe or a sidewinder”. I didn’t know what those were but damn I spent a lot of time watching for em!
Did you have a parent, grandparent, mentor that had silly sayings like that ?
My Gramps said “ Don’t swaller yur bubble gum cuz it will stay in yur guts forever”.

Not really a silly saying but something my Poppop always quoted (mostly just the first line):
“‘I can’t’ is weak and hates to play and never tries at all;
But a strong ‘I can’ will make a man of a boy who’s very small”

mi650

WKR
Does are so stupid you can go out and kill one with a stick.

Bucks are smarter than does, so they send the does out 1st just in case there are any hunters around.

Both of these from the same uncle.

TaperPin

WKR
We were brought up to tell the truth, be nice to people, stand up for the little guy, and our character was more important than any job.

A good portion of the country wears being a criminal as a badge of honor and vote for guys talking out both sides of their mouths.