Silencerco Scythe TI review

I just got in the .223 Ti end cap from SilencerCo to run on my Scythe. This is a standard cap with no brake.
This is a picture showing the clearance of a 6mm 112 Match Burner with the 223 cap.
Send it or no? haha

Edit to add actual measurements: ID of the 223 End Cap is .323, so a 243 projectile has .080 clearance.

From what I've found online, .04 to .06 is generally recommended, so I'd say this should be plenty.

For reference: The AB Raptor 6.5mm end cap is .300 ID.

IMG_5351.JPG

Last edited:

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
I just got in the .223 Ti end cap from SilencerCo to run on my Scythe. This is a standard cap with no brake.
This is a picture showing the clearance of a 6mm 112 Match Burner with the 223 cap.
Send it or no? haha

Edit to add actual measurements: ID of the 223 End Cap is .323, so a 243 projectile has .080 clearance.
From what I've found online, .04 to .06 is generally recommended, so I'd say this should be plenty.

View attachment 776591
Looking forward to hearing what kind of difference it makes.

Send it or no? haha

View attachment 776591

Logically, I think there wouldn't be any issue with it at all. However, it would make me feel really uneasy pulling that trigger if it were mine. I'd probably close my eyes and send it

Logically, I think there wouldn't be any issue with it at all. However, it would make me feel really uneasy pulling that trigger if it were mine. I'd probably close my eyes and send it
So I just measured my AB Raptor 6.5mm end cap. It is exactly .300 ID, so the SiCo 223 cap at .323 is actually larger than the dedicated 6.5 one.

Send it or no? haha

View attachment 776591
How does your alignment look with a .223 rod and this cap on a .223 and the 243 cap with a 243 rod?

So I just measured my AB Raptor 6.5mm end cap. It is exactly .300 ID, so the SiCo 223 cap at .323 is actually larger than the dedicated 6.5 one.
Wow. That's good to know. I wonder what the orifice size is on the hansohn end cap that is 6 or 6.5, whichever one it is that they quit selling

Yep I’m going to send it. If the packaging didn’t say .223, and I was going off of ID clearance specs, I’d have no issue using it.

I’ll report back after doing some side by side comparisons with the standard 30 cal braked cap.

Out of curiosity, someone should measure a Hansohn cap that they’ve been using on a Scythe. Also the ID of a Wolfhunter would be interesting to know.

Last edited:

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Yep I’m going to send it. If the packaging didn’t say .223, and I was going off of ID clearance specs, I’d have no issue using it.

I’ll report back after doing some side by side comparisons with the standard 30 cal braked cap.

Out of curiosity, someone should measure a Hansohn cap that they’ve been using on a Scythe. Also the ID of a Wolfhunter would be interesting to know.
Wolf hunter is .280”

What's the weight of your silencerco 223 Ti cap?

Hansohn .30 cal cap is .375. Anyone who is playing with cans is doing themselves a disservice by not having rods in the pertinent calibers, it is a critical diagnostic tool.

LoH

FNG

The ID of the Hansohn 5.56 end cap compatible with the Scythe-Ti is .306