Silencerco Scythe TI review

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like the scythe a lot. I also have a TBAC ultra 7 but from an objective standpoint, the scythe is lighter, shorter and quieter. TBAC ultra 7 still kicks ass though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What do you like better about the TBAC 7 than the scythe?
I like the simplicity of it, no removable end cap, mount is rock setted in place. I’m not sure I necessarily like it better, I guess since I have both I don’t have to like one better.

I do think that I like the 1.5x7 size a little more than the larger diameter cans but that’s not a big deal. When I got the back number 7, the scythe wasn’t even out yet.

Regardless, the ultra 7 is a great silencer sort of my old reliable.

I shot a Hyperion K back to back with my Scythe-Ti this evening on the 6 CM. The Scythe was noticeably quieter. Enough so that I can shoot without hearing pro with the Scythe, while the Hyperion left a slight ringing in my left ear. It has a louder crack at the end of the report, whereas the Scythe has a lower tone. My buddy observed the same.
For reference, I shot 25 rounds of 6 CM with no hearing pro, no hat on or hood. Just bare ears and had no reservation doing so.
IMG_3783.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered the Scythe TI in April and still on backorder. GF ordered black and got it in hand in 3 weeks.
I’ve been on a list with the LGS since March or April. Told them either color was fine. Apparently there were several others ahead of me as I’ve checked in a few times and they’d got some in but already spoken for

Is there any worry to threading a titanium suppressor to a stainless steel barrel? Does anyone use lubricants or compounds to prevent galling?

Wondering if anyone has had issues with metal galling before I shoot my gun a bunch and have it go through heat cycles.

Is there any worry to threading a titanium suppressor to a stainless steel barrel? Does anyone use lubricants or compounds to prevent galling?

Wondering if anyone has had issues with metal galling before I shoot my gun a bunch and have it go through heat cycles.

Lots of titanium suppressors out there going on steel barrels. I've never heard of any issues but it's an interesting question.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Most of them have a steel thread sleeve in them so it’s steel steel if that’s what you’re worried about.

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone running one of these on an AR? How’s the back pressure?
I've briefly had mine on a 6 arc with an adjustable gas block and radian SD charging handle. Probably not the best cartridge to run a higher back pressure can on. That thing gets filthy. I have an ultra 5 I usually run on the arc and the Scythe is slightly more gassy from what I assume is the larger volume. I did shut the gas down two notches on the gas block compared to the ultra 5. The Scythe gets hot much quicker than all my other cans. It wouldn't be my fist choice on a gas gun. If you keep the firing schedule low I don't think you'd be disappointed.