Show me your MDT HNT26 Builds - 7 PRC?

jboy047

FNG
Here is my HNT26 20" 300prc that will soon be an 18" 6UM. I do have an 18" 7prc barrel for it as well but I wanted to try out the 6UM.

View attachment 560256
How well can you still track your shots say out to 600 yards with that set up? I currently have a 7 PRC custom build in the works and was looking at getting a 300 PRC pre-fit barrel for it as well.

How well can you still track your shots say out to 600 yards with that set up? I currently have a 7 PRC custom build in the works and was looking at getting a 300 PRC pre-fit barrel for it as well.
It kicks like an effing mule with the 230gr berger going 2800fps. You will need a good muzzlebrake or suppressor if you go 20" barrel.

Like I said I'm turning it in to an 18" 6UM and will put a Ti Pro brake on it. I have another 300prc that is 26" bartlein carbon barrel that I am taking off and changing it to 18" 7prc. I'm not getting rid of the barrels I have I'm just changing things up. 6UM, 7prc, maybe a 33XC/338 Terminator for long work.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Built a rife with a HNT26 chassis, Zermatt SR3 action, proof 24” barrel, MDT muzzle break, Timney Elite Hunter trigger with an atlas bipod. Probably not the lightest action but shaved in areas I could. I would have preferred a 20” barrel but where I ordered it from they didn’t have that option.

My other rifle (Ruger Gunsite scout) I’ve hunted before and shoots well. Just added a different scope from the Vortex PST

Attachments

• IMG_4974.jpeg
    IMG_4974.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 70772379751__813CAFDC-1319-4EE8-977A-2336A4BB7EDC.jpeg
    70772379751__813CAFDC-1319-4EE8-977A-2336A4BB7EDC.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 134

Loo.wii

WKR
Just like @gtriple, I have both an XLR and HNT26. XLR in 300 WSM and my HNT26 is chambered in 7 SAUM. I am not sure which way I lean... if I were to get prone with both rifles, the HNT26 feels more comfortable and natural. My HNT26 build is lighter and a feels more compact and it will probably head to the sheep hills with me this year. I have an anTi action in there with a 20" proof sendero light barrel topped with a NF NXS 2.5-10. Handy rig and shoots lights out.

One thing I would caution about the Tikka action is that you have very limited options for magazines in the chassis systems. With the Remington clones (to include the XM) you have some lightweight magazine options.

Side note, for both of these rifles I bought the MDT m lok weights to make the rifles as heavy as possible for range days. Seems to help a lot with felt recoil.

View attachment 555706
how much does it weigh

gtriple

WKR
It's on their dropdown to select a folder in the chassis builder.

View attachment 560046

I remember seeing that other dimension that you referenced. I'd love it if those other builders were wrong, and I could get a folder with a 13.5" LOP.
@XLR - is it possible to detach the tube in the Carbon stock and cut it down to a have a shorter LOP?

carter33

WKR
Nice set up! Specs?

Just got the rifle a day ago so still need to get it to the range. Specs below, and will get a weight here soon but unknown munitions put it together for me and were responsive and quick relative to other builders. They were also able to send some Peterson brass, plan on putting some factory Hornady 175eldx through it to see how it starts out and break in the barrel.

-BAT vesper la
-20” carbon six barrel
-trigger tech diamond
-scope is NF ATACR 4-16
-TIPRO 2 port muzzle brake

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@XLR - is it possible to detach the tube in the Carbon stock and cut it down to a have a shorter LOP?
Since we do not make the carbon buttstock I do not have as much experience with them. I would have to bet that detaching those two piece would cause some damage on the carbon tube and it would definitely void the warranty from us or smoke. Maybe in the future we can build a 13 inch folding buttstock with smoke to fill that gap!

gtriple

WKR
Since we do not make the carbon buttstock I do not have as much experience with them. I would have to bet that detaching those two piece would cause some damage on the carbon tube and it would definitely void the warranty from us or smoke. Maybe in the future we can build a 13 inch folding buttstock with smoke to fill that gap!
Or maybe make them able to be disassembled and replaced with shorter/longer tubes. Mine is good as is, but I have heard of some wanting shorter LOP.

Reactions: XLR

cwpepper

FNG
OP sounds like they are trying to make the same build as I currently am. I have another thread going with very similar desires and here's where I've landed so far... nothing purchased yet for my build but this is what I've landed at for what it's worth.

1688141532788.png

OP
rockymtnsam
OP sounds like they are trying to make the same build as I currently am. I have another thread going with very similar desires and here's where I've landed so far... nothing purchased yet for my build but this is what I've landed at for what it's worth.

View attachment 570859
I’m pretty much in the same boat, minus the suppressor. That’s on the list eventually. Everything else is about the same. I’m really debating on a Manners or Grayboe stock for the cost savings vs the MDT.

gtriple

WKR
I’m pretty much in the same boat, minus the suppressor. That’s on the list eventually. Everything else is about the same. I’m really debating on a Manners or Grayboe stock for the cost savings vs the MDT.
The Stockys VG2 can be had for under $400 as well if you are okay with their "cosmetic seconds". Basically, it's just an aesthetic imperfection, but nothing functionally wrong.

Beauty. What was your total cost?
I'm in Canada so the market is a bit different and exhange rate etc..My prices are in CAD
The donor rifle was 1000$, the barrel was $1000, the smithing was $500(couldn't find a prefit) and the chassis was 2000$
The donor rifle was brand new but "second hand" I'm gonna sell the take off barrel and stock which look to be going for around 200$ each up here. Could be done for less with a cheaper donor but I'm happy with my choice. Prefits are 1500 retail up here so I actually saved money by going with a blank.

OP
rockymtnsam
I'm in Canada so the market is a bit different and exhange rate etc..My prices are in CAD
The donor rifle was 1000$, the barrel was $1000, the smithing was $500(couldn't find a prefit) and the chassis was 2000$
The donor rifle was brand new but "second hand" I'm gonna sell the take off barrel and stock which look to be going for around 200$ each up here. Could be done for less with a cheaper donor but I'm happy with my choice. Prefits are 1500 retail up here so I actually saved money by going with a blank.
Gotcha. Good to know, thanks. Rifle looks great!

WisciMike

FNG
this is probably a foolish question. Do guys have troubles with chasis catching every stick and branch that runs across in all the pinch points on the frames? The packability and the ability to run a longer barrel or a can seem to be the reasons to run chasis?