Short quotes that speak volumes.

UncleBone

WKR
Be curious how many folks can put on tire chains or drive a manual transmission? :ROFLMAO:
Grandpa learned me how to drive a manual when I was 12. I lied to him and told him I had driven one before (had only driven ATs), but I had just been watching him do it for a few days whils we were driving around deer hunting. So he pulled over on the gravel road we were on, and switched me seats. He was only about 5'4", So I didnt even have to adjust it. Killed it once on the takeoff, then never again. He let me drive the ol samurai on public roads after that when we were going hunting.

BBob

WKR
Be curious how many folks can put on tire chains or drive a manual transmission? :ROFLMAO:
I did manuals at about age 13. It was an easy transition with all the dirt bike experience I had prior. Also back in the 70’s manuals were really prevalent and all the imports had them. I learned how to don chains wanting to get to the ski resort in my moms Buick :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

madgrad02

WKR
Few from my old man that have always stuck with me (not sure where he gleaned this wisdom from):

"If you don't think highly of yourself, don't expect others to"

(and not to get political, but seems fitting)

"If you're 20 and not a liberal, you're heartless... if you're 40 and not conservative, you're brainless"

Kilboars

WKR
"If you're 20 and not a liberal, you're heartless... if you're 40 and not conservative, you're brainless"[/QUOTE]

I’ve never been a liberal in the sense of the word today but have always felt for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madgrad02

WKR
"If you're 20 and not a liberal, you're heartless... if you're 40 and not conservative, you're brainless"

I’ve never been a liberal in the sense of the word today but have always felt for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, empathy is something totally different in my opinion - the world would be better off if we ALL showed more of that! No such thing as black or white - just various shades of grey

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
“The comfort zone is a region where great dreams go to get murdered, buried and forgotten.”
~~~ Michael Bassey Johnson

twall13

WKR
"With gratitude, optimism is sustainable. If you can find something to be grateful for, you can find something to look forward to, and you carry on."
-Michael J. Fox

Stoneage

FNG
If you point a Finger at someone, there are 3 Fingers pointing back at yourself !

Cheers

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the sea of life, there are big ships, and there are small ships, but the only ones that matter are friendships.

Heard that at my brother's military eulogy

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk