Short quotes that speak volumes.

"No one is going to remember our nine-to-fives. But your legacy in your kids will be written in them for generations and generations." - John Lovell

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
“What is deferred is not avoided.”
~~~ Sir Thomas More

cfdjay

WKR
Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I'll show you a failure - Thomas Edison

bentarrow

FNG
No man has a good enough memory to be a good liar.

A slow drip wears away the stone.

Everyone wants to b captain of the ship till the sea gets rough.

Flyjunky

WKR
It may have already been said but it needs to be repeated anyway:

“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

bentarrow

FNG
There is no growth in the comfort zone.

Tomorrow is just one of yesterday's dreams.

One person does not have to do it all if everyone does a little.

“You’ve got to have appeal as well as power in your voice. You’ve got to convince the hogs that you’ve got something for them”
-Fred Glanz. World champion hog caller

Mosby

WKR
"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future,"

Kamala Harris

GSPHUNTER

WKR
"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future,"

Kamala Harris
Makes perfect sense to me. Now I will go take my psychotropic meds.

Aw comon. She's just trying to disprove our history of dumb blond jokes. (However I never thought anyone could be so good at it.)

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread. A civilization which destroys what little remains of the wild, the spare, the original, is cutting itself off from its origins and betraying the principle of civilization itself."

- Edward Abbey

One final paragraph of advice: [...] It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here.

So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space.

Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.

~ Edward Abbey

UncleBone

WKR
Be curious how many folks can put on tire chains or drive a manual transmission? :ROFLMAO:
Grandpa learned me how to drive a manual when I was 12. I lied to him and told him I had driven one before (had only driven ATs), but I had just been watching him do it for a few days whils we were driving around deer hunting. So he pulled over on the gravel road we were on, and switched me seats. He was only about 5'4", So I didnt even have to adjust it. Killed it once on the takeoff, then never again. He let me drive the ol samurai on public roads after that when we were going hunting.