Shoot2Hunt University

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'm in class 3 too and I'm going to try to link up with Nine Banger at Bozeman and at least share a car on the way from the airport. The more the merrier in my book.
I'll be at BZN at 1PM on 6/1. I'll get a car if anyone else wants to get there around this time.

philcox

WKR
I am in the June 9-13 as well (also my son or an alternate if he can’t make it). I know it is a long way off, but for logistics and planning purposes have a few questions:

1. Trying to determine if better to “rent” or buy a 2nd 223 for my son (he has 30-06 and 300WM). If I want to rent a rifle setup, do I need to “reserve” one? I have a Tikka 223, Rokstock should be here by then (ordered last May), and have a Banish 30 can that I can use on it.

2. If I rent a rifle, do I need to plan to buy ammo there, or would it likely work for me to bring my hand loads? 1.86 MOA 20 shot group out of the Tikka

3. I only have 1 Rokstock, my hunting rifle is my 6.5 CM. I plan on swapping the stock with my 223. Any reason that won’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
IMO you're going to end up buying one anyway.
They're not going to get any cheaper in the future.
Then you can sell the 300 and use that $$ to buy a
year's worth of components.
:)

philcox

WKR
I guess real question is do that buy the 223 or the 6.5CM … I wonder if anybody has shot the whole course with a 6.5 Creedmoor?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I guess real question is do that buy the 223 or the 6.5CM … I wonder if anybody has shot the whole course with a 6.5 Creedmoor?

.223 if you don't have one, it allows you to focus on the individual mechanics of learning the process and decreases a confounding factor. Plus, pretty much can't wear the barrel out.