Shoot2Hunt University

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
I bet you shoot 3 round groups

I shoot a lot of different groups.

My background is a precision rifle shooting one, not a hunting one. I'm new to hunting, but I'm not new to precision rifles.

Anyways, I'm not bagging on the S2H guys, seems like a great course. I love the write-ups.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Glad it's working for you, I'd just rather not add another cartridge to the stable when I've already got a plethora of Lapua 6cm brass and dies on the press. I've got a buddy running 6xc with Peterson brass and it's a hammer, I'm just not interested in it.
Have J Sipp make you a 6cm for the r8. All the barrels I’ve gotten from him have been tack drivers.

Gorp2007

WKR
There will be a lot of diminishing returns shooting 1,000 rounds over 5 days versus 300-400. That's also a lot of ammo cost and essentially the barrel life of a 6mm Creedmoor.

Diminishing returns means that there’s still positive learning happening.

The fact that you’ve gone to multiple precision rifle courses seems to prove that fact. You probably learned more at your first course, so there were diminishing returns with each subsequent course, but that doesn’t mean you stopped learning or that those follow on courses were a waste of time.

Jimbee

WKR
I wa
I shoot a lot of different groups.

My background is a precision rifle shooting one, not a hunting one. I'm new to hunting, but I'm not new to precision rifles.

Anyways, I'm not bagging on the S2H guys, seems like a great course. I love the write-ups.
I waste too much time and ammo shooting groups. My comment was meant to be humorous, sorry if it sounded dick-ish

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
But I strongly believe that 1,000 rounds over 5 days is far into the law of diminishing returns.

People will hold the standard they are made to. “Diminishing returns” is a nonsense phrase in this context.

I bet in a few years S2H will reduce their round count, once they figure out what precision rifle trainers before them have figured out a long time ago.

More likely it increases.

Precision rifle trainers didn’t figure out anything- nearly every offering is a copy of every other offering. The average rifle class is a 6 hour day, maybe 8 with lunch, and most of that is not shooting. 90% of shooting is prone from a bipod or now tripod.

There is no precision rifle course that is like the S2H course.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Diminishing returns means that there’s still positive learning happening.

The fact that you’ve gone to multiple precision rifle courses seems to prove that fact. You probably learned more at your first course, so there were diminishing returns with each subsequent course, but that doesn’t mean you stopped learning or that those follow on courses were a waste of time.

There's a lot of value to professional training. I'm overdue to do another one in fact.

Yes, I'm sure there are still learnings occurring 1,000 rounds later. There always is. But there are trade-offs being made to shoot that 1,000 rounds over the period of 5 days.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Precision rifle trainers didn’t figure out anything- nearly every offering is a copy of every other offering. The average rifle class is a 6 hour day, maybe 8 with lunch, and most of that is not shooting. 90% of shooting is prone from a bipod or now tripod.

There is no precision rifle course that is like the S2H course.

You've obviously attended different training than I have. Most of the shooting in the professional courses I've attended are positional, and without the aid of a tripod.

The S2H training looks very interesting. Keep up the good work. Again, I'm not bagging on you guys.

Antares

WKR
I guess my reading comprehension isn't good. How much does a S2H course cost? $3.495 or $6,990?

1725471984811.png

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
You've obviously attended different training than I have. Most of the shooting in the professional courses I've attended are positional, and without the aid of a tripod.

I haven’t seen a precision class shoot sitting unsupported, kneeling unsupported, or standing unsupported since probably 2004 or 2005. While I’m sure that there is one somewhere, it certainly isn’t common or normal. Likewise, I haven’t seen it been to any that a significant portion of the shooting is off of alternate and built positions using what is in the environment around you- the S2H course is very different than other courses and is completely focused on field shooting animals under time and mental stress.

The S2H training looks very interesting. Keep up the good work. Again, I'm not bagging on you guys.

I do not think you are bagging on it, and it is ok if you were. The written word is a poor medium to convey intent- I am just meaning to address the points that you brought up.

khuber84

WKR
Have J Sipp make you a 6cm for the r8. All the barrels I’ve gotten from him have been tack drivers.
Since that post I've have 22, 20, 18" 6cm barrels cut, all for 700 clones. I'd like to have a blaser r8, be cool, but it's a pretty fn penny to get into one, then you're looking at near a G for a pipe. I'll start acquiring parts tho, slowly.

I wouldn't want to shoot 1000 rounds of 6.5 creed or 308 over 5 days! I'd think i could be on board with 1000 rounds of suppressed 223 though. But damn, that is still a ton!

It’s not hard at all to envision 200 rounds per day, particularly where folks are shooting from a myriad of positions.

I can easily burn 50 rounds, by myself, in a few hours, or less. Shooting all day long? Easy peasy.

Yes, there is a point where motor learning starts to diminish. However, this is also where you determine who truly has mastered a controlled trigger press.

Reactions: NSI

yfarm

WKR
Recently acquired 2 223 bolt actions, between sighting in 2 scopes and shooting at 25,100 and 200 yds went thru 170 rds of ammo in 2 hrs unsuppressed. Would have been intolerable with my 308 or 280.

Reactions: NSI