Seek Outside Carbon Fiber Frame

There was a thread or two this summer (I searched but can't find them) asking about new stuff from Seek. Others also asked about why they were not present in @Zach Herold 's 2023 testing.

Carbon fiber frames are the answer to both questions. I had prototype #1ish on my back the past few days and I think it has a bright future. It arrived a day before the trip started and no animals were harmed, so I'll throw do some weighted training hikes before sending it back. I did have 400oz of extra water on top of my normal day gear/water just to see how it felt and it was fine.

My understanding is internal frames first, like this one, and then external frames will follow. My guess is these will be close to 2.5lbs in final form, maybe less.

View attachment 628385
It’s going to have to be something magic to be a better option than the aluminum frame they offer. I’m a Kifaru man to the bone. But, my seek outside peregrine 3500 is as fine a pack as I’ve ever worn. It handles weight very well. Maybe not quite as well as a Kifaru but, I’m not packing a 100 pound pack very often.

it’s just a friggin shame that Kevin saw fit to act like a first rate horses rearend on his social media. I’d buy more of their stuff had he saw fit to categorize a good bit of his hunting base as something besides ignorant loons.

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
It’s going to have to be something magic to be a better option than the aluminum frame they offer. I’m a Kifaru man to the bone. But, my seek outside peregrine 3500 is as fine a pack as I’ve ever worn. It handles weight very well. Maybe not quite as well as a Kifaru but, I’m not packing a 100 pound pack very often.

it’s just a friggin shame that Kevin saw fit to act like a first rate horses rearend on his social media. I’d buy more of their stuff had he saw fit to categorize a good bit of his hunting base as something besides ignorant loons.
Completely agree. I bought a Goshawk from them and then all of Kevin's social media stuff came to light. I absolutely love the pack though and did buy a Peregrine bag from another member here. I packed out a couple elk this year and it handled the weight better than any pack I've had before. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth after finding out about Kevin.

Curious where they will go with this it looks like quite a departure. The current frame punches far above its weight class for load hauling once you get it fitted properly.