Scope Throw Levers, Yes or No?

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
In my last topic I asked about our favorite scope accessories. One that was mentioned a couple of times was throw levers. The general consensus is that the folks who use them like them. For those who don't use them is there a reason? concern about bumping them, interference with bolt throw? I'm curious.

archp625

WKR
I did not when I had my nx8 on my CA Ridgeline. I had a rifle build off a tikka action and I put it on the nx8 and the bold handle does not come in play. The CA was righthanded and the Tikka is wrong handed.

In theory they seem like they could be useful but I've never actually had one on a scope. Have several NF scopes that have them included but never installed one yet.

tdot

WKR
I'm a big fan of the throw levers on my NF optics, wasn't a huge fan of some of the others I tried, but they were 1/2 the height of the NF lever and didn't provide enough leverage. I currently only have lower powered scopes and use them at either 2x or 10x zoom, so always making large adjustments and the lever ends up low, tucked in by the action. If I was constantly in a magnification range that left the throw lever at a mid-point, sticking out in the air, I'd likely enjoy them less.

Currently playing with a big plastic one from mk machine vs a lower factory one n Trijicon and as usually from me that anything will work on the range but hunting rigs need a little more scrutiny...I pulled the big one off and happier with the lower profile one ~1/2” or none at all but I only build hunting rigs.

Kurts86

WKR
I really like the integrated stubby throw levers. The only downside is on something with a big zoom range like an NX8 there needs to be multiple positions to set them without interference to a 90 degree bolt throw (R700 and Clones)

Only scope I use it on is a Swaro that’s mounted on my .375 H&H for dangerous game. Only scenario where I feel it would be advantageous for me to have. Otherwise I have always had ample time to spin w/o needing a throw lever.

The majority of my rifles do not have throw levers, they do not require fast magnification change, or they have fixed scopes. However I love throw levers on my LPVOs which I use on moving animals at close range out to long dialling range. Also handy for animals on the move at long range, makes it easy to track them at low mag then zoom in quickly for the shot.

Elkangle

WKR
I use them often and in the moment can be very fast paced situations...both to zoom in and to zoom out

Depends on the optic. Some scopes have very stiff magnification adjustment rings. If I didn’t use a throw lever I would have to compromise my shooting position if dialing when behind the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

260madman

WKR
Seems it’s tough to mfg a mag ring that’s smooth and doesn’t require Buddly to move it for you and pimp his Quigley Ford.

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Not on a hunting rifle.

I don't use any and haven't ever wanted one.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a fan. Without having to look at my scope I can tell by feel if the scope is set at low, med, or high. Also with the colder temps of late season some scopes seem to get stiffer and tougher to twist.

amassi

WKR
Seems like the additional cost of threading a couple holes, some threaded plugs and a low profile throw lever like nightforce and trijicon offer woyld he cheap insurance to ensure your product is a good fit for the largest possible market.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk