Scammer Got Me for 2500$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch

WKR
This feels like it has the potential to become a new BOAL level thread... I'm craving a mystery. If he turns out to be legit, I have my $10 contribution lined up... I know how hard it is to save up for something like that at any age and then blow it. That's a steep price to pay to learn that internet strangers should be trusted very very rarely when it comes to money, or really anything.

Custom-865614.jpeg

bozeman

WKR
I’m 15 and just got scammed out of $3500….can y’all start sending me $20 a piece? I’ll provide my PayPal or Venmo. I can get my mom to send a note to a Mod to confirm who I am….

I recant my statement from earlier as apparently, there are ‘more than one born everyday’. 😂

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I think we should do something similar for the poor guy who’s been trying for months to sell that Travis Stiles knife to have a little money when his new baby arrives? He’s going to need college tuition money soon!

Ucsdryder

WKR
This feels like it has the potential to become a new BOAL level thread... I'm craving a mystery. If he turns out to be legit, I have my $10 contribution lined up... I know how hard it is to save up for something like that at any age and then blow it. That's a steep price to pay to learn that internet strangers should be trusted very very rarely when it comes to money, or really anything.
I think we’re all on board with the same thought process. I’m hoping
All of his recent posts are from 11:59pm to 1:21 AM. Notice how he has been quiet all day today?

View attachment 438730
lol!!! He was on at 250pm and messaged me at 6pm mountain time.

Got it, frustrating.

To the OP in the future demand FaceTime calls. Not a guarantee way to weed out the bad but it helps get to know someone. I recently purchased a spotter on here for 2,400 and I knew right away from FaceTime the seller was honest and legit.
Very good advice.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Based off pictures of the mavens he sold with his hand in them you can tell those are young low mileage hands. That’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever said on or off the internet. Also, he puts the $ sign after the number in his selling adds. So he’s probably legit. But I support a grand jury trial before we donate.

Whats interesting is that if you look you can find that there is a large group of people that have discovered that people will give money to other people if they have the right sob story. It is the internet version of standing on the corner with a sign asking for money. Maybe they need it, maybe they dont.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Based off pictures of the mavens he sold with his hand in them you can tell those are young low mileage hands. That’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever said on or off the internet. Also, he puts the $ sign after the number in his selling adds. So he’s probably legit. But I support a grand jury trial before we donate.
That’s just weird. The government probably just put you on a list.

bozeman

WKR
Ummmmm…….young low mileage hands……..ummmmm…….RUN! 😂

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
This got interesting quick, about a month back the op sent me a low ball offer on some el 12x50s that I sold to another member here. When I sell high end optics I always talk in person with the buyer and make sure they are comfortable with the process. I would be very suspicious spending that kind of money without someone having a long history and good track record

Status
Not open for further replies.