WTS Scammed by K98!

MKern85

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had someone try to scam me and then I did a Google search and found the picture they used.

It's sad that we have dishonest people who are willing to STEAL people's hard earned money. I know I shouldn't do it but I have done numerous friends and family payments with people who will work with me on price and fortunately have done well so far. But I usually ask alot of questions and want multiple pics. Another thing to do is look at their profile and check their history. See how many post they have and if they have any reviews or references. Either way it shows where we are as a society that we have this crap going on. They will get what they deserve.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't we play Catch a Predator with these people?

Get old Chris Hansen out of retirement to make some juicy WTB posts, slug down a few suds, see what we attract, and Bam! reel in some scumbags.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are some things I just wont buy used unless I am really confident buying from a long time member with good feedback. Rifle related things are one of them. To risky to use PayPal. Paying an extra $200 or so is fine. It takes a lot of good deals to make up for getting ripped off $1000 once.

WoodBow

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ask them to take a pic how you request. Something they can't just find online. I go out of my way to take pics for buyers to put them at ease. Video is even better.

VooDoo6

WKR
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Definitely sucks & sorry to hear. Lots of games being manipulated & played. Seen the same patterns of behavior on several private listing forums. Lots of Chameleons - Snakes out there & lots of people feel the angst & anxiety from this manipulated system. Get as much info identifiers as you can from the seller. If they don’t want to be sincere - cooperative - helpful - forthright - communicative in effort, I’d call that a clue.

Kelk

WKR
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Paypal sides with the seller nowadays. Don't ask how I know...

I'll never use PP again.

What do you use then? PayPal, I thought, was the only one with protection? And damnit now I need to ask you how you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This guy tried and got banned. Broken English and terrible photoshop job.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107-200251_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221107-200251_Photos.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the frustrating things about this stuff is that the ability to buy used gear is an access to the sport issue for some of us. The savings here and there from used gear really makes a difference. Then these scammers come in and make it even more difficult

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One of the frustrating things about this stuff is that the ability to buy used gear is an access to the sport issue for some of us.

That's just your perception. You'll kill more stuff putting gas in your truck and tags in your pocket than by purchasing any piece of gear.

The ideal way to buy gear, IMO, is to first maximize your time hunting. Let's say you have two weeks vacation to spend hunting. You could do one long weekend to weekend trip, and then sprinkle in some long weekends. Take all your disposable income and fill up that time with tags and gas. Hunt it all. Then take whatever is leftover and use it on gear. If you have more leftover then buy nicer gear. If not, oh well, at least you're in the woods.

KitsapDan

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t bought or sold anything here, but I’m on a motorcycle forum where routinely I’ve bought & sold hundreds of $$’s of stuff PayPal F&F no problems.

It really sux that people do this isht. How bad does your life have to be to scam someone like this.

Sorry for what happened to you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made several purchases here. Every single one was with a top notch guy. These threads are a bummer. It sucks that scumbags are infiltrating. Sorry you got burned.