Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

WCB

WKR
I looked at a 6.5prc and .280 yesterday at Cabelas. I like the 22” on the .280, would I be losing much velocity over a 24” and if you could get a lightly used Ridgeline or a Ultralite for the same price what would you do?

Velocity loss? depends...at most I would say 50ish fps....You may not really lose any as each individual gun can shoot the same load a little different velocity. nothing significant IMO

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
Did you record velocities?

I did not record velocities. This was about as quick of a range trip as possible, just trying to get it zeroed. I’ll hopefully be able to start developing a load here in a month with a buddy, so I will record it all then.

I did not record velocities. This was about as quick of a range trip as possible, just trying to get it zeroed. I’ll hopefully be able to start developing a load here in a month with a buddy, so I will record it all then.

Do these have the adjustable stock?

Why are there no good pics on this thread yet?

CORidgeRunner

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my first 5 shot group out of my .280 AI. Running a YHM Resonator suppressor. That is with factory Hornady 162 grain ELD-X loads.
View attachment 181264
Headed to pick up my .280 AI tomorrow finally! Excited to get some rounds down range soon.
Did you have to order your .280ai? I’ve been searching hi and low this last week. I’m wondering how long it took to order in?

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
Did you have to order your .280ai? I’ve been searching hi and low this last week. I’m wondering how long it took to order in?

I’ve seen a couple here and there on gunbroker, but yes I special ordered mine through a local gun store. I ordered it at the end of January and got it about a week and a half ago. So it definitely took awhile. But the gun hadn’t even started shipping when I placed my order, so that definitely made for a longer wait time. Now that the guns are shipping out and more available, I bet wait times would be significantly less than mine.

"Low stock" for the 280 AI here:

I did buy my Ultralite 6.5 PRC from them. No issues other than the wait.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider

Using 140 gr bullets, and the info you guys have do you think the prc or ai is going to have more velocity coming out of the tube? I won’t be shooting beyond 500 yards so I’m not sure it really matters.

Using 140 gr bullets, and the info you guys have do you think the prc or ai is going to have more velocity coming out of the tube? I won’t be shooting beyond 500 yards so I’m not sure it really matters.

If using 140 grain Accubonds in either caliber, you should have zero issues (ballistically) taking game out to 500 yards. There are more aerodynamic bullets that will extend your range, but the Accubonds are a solid choice for many hunting scenarios.

I got mine on order today in the boring ol' 6.5creed (just trying to be different :ROFLMAO: )

went the other day to the gun shop I use, none available through their distributors, though I think that was an employee being lazy. today I was helped by the owners wife, then the owner took over and they magically found a bunch....

I went in with intentions of checking again, if no ultralites were available, I was ordering a Kimber MA... got a price on the mountain ascent, and under 1700 it was very tempting, but I have been wanting the ultralite since it was released so I stuck to my guns... no pun

I think I made the right choice, the lack of weight in the Kimber is awesome, but I think there is a such thing as too light for me, the ultralite is the sweet spot for me in weight.

what are people talking about with bases being hard to find? are they different than other savage 110's? I plan on just getting some talley lightweights, not completely settled on glass yet, but most likely a leupold with some variation of a BDC reticle.

I like aim points for practicing at further distances, but in all reality, It's going to be set up for 300ish and in on critters. hoping I can find a load it likes with Barnes or partitions. should be about ideal for blacktail. I didn't want to hop on the 6.5 bandwagon, but it's just too perfect for what I want this rifle to be. perfect for blacktail, big enough for bear, and a nice light rig for covering ground looking for a lion track to call on when I don't feel like packing the AR.

I kinda like how ugly the savages are, don't need to worry about keeping them pretty, haha.

505Wapiti

WKR
Hey folks, new guy here to the group. Just picked up mine today in 6.5CM. Anyone have any accuracy results they’d like to share or any thoughts so far? Like I said I just picked up mine today so still need to mount scope and get dialed in. So far I like everything I see. Older post complaining about sloppy bolts etc. don’t apply to this gun as it is solid and smooth. Guess we will see after working it a day at the range. Only issue I see and it really doesn’t bother me that bad is the stock color. The feel of the stock is fine but the color doesn’t exactly do it for me. Don’t really care as long as it’s a shooter.

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I shot mine in 308 this weekend and found a nice load of 41.5 grans of Varget with a 168 classic hunters at 2625. Printed a .75 moa for 4 shots on Saturday and Sunday.

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
Better yet let’s see some paper with holes in it! @gleason51 has a dandy above.
Not a good pic of my rig, had it less than a week. Topped with the new VX-3i 4.5-14x40 with the ZL turret. Same load 2 different days, not easy to hold this gun steady compared to my normal 11 pound 7mm mag.

Attachments

• 60775252-F8B7-4446-8750-F343E73E7F25.jpeg
    60775252-F8B7-4446-8750-F343E73E7F25.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 1608D474-6404-4233-93CC-7409EBA4BC2A.jpeg
    1608D474-6404-4233-93CC-7409EBA4BC2A.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 261