Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Got my 6.5 PRC last night. Looking for a 20 MOA Rail locally and will be mounting a VX5 3-15x44 on it. Local ranges are closed but will head out into the bush somewhere to shoot it if necessary.

No by the time you replace the stock on a savage you’re around 2k and the proof elevation can be found for 2400 on gun broker.

Besides materials, the savage stock looks like a significantly better designed shape than the proof stock. Although in true savage fashion, it's fugly. I'd sure as heck prefer a bighorn action to a savage but man did they mess up a good action/barrel/trigger combo with a crappy stock design.

I really wanted to try out the leupold backcountry but didn't realize the #8 screws on the savage. I looked at the egw but didnt like how it extended past in the front (just my personal preference). I went with leupold mark 4. Its a tad heavier being steel instead of aluminum but it will have to do.
Looking at the same rail. Told by Leupold the correct part # is 170746. Any chance you could confirm this as the correct rail?

I am waiting on my EGW base to get here, then gonna throw a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-15 on top. Need to install/time my muzzle brake so I can throw my suppressor on and get it dialed in. I should be shooting by mid week next week!

Looking at the same rail. Told by Leupold the correct part # is 170746. Any chance you could confirm this as the correct rail?

I bought 170745 for a short action in 308.

Attachments

• C7090DE5-15A0-42E8-A45D-8EC47EC6D3CC.jpeg
    C7090DE5-15A0-42E8-A45D-8EC47EC6D3CC.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 276
I bought 170745 for a short action in 308.
Thanks for the reply. Mine is a 6.5 prc. Getting all kinds of mixed info on the internet as to whether this is a long or short action. Best I can figure is that it is a short action so I ordered the 170745 also. The COAL of a Hornady 147 gr ELD Match is 2.9375.

Thanks for the reply. Mine is a 6.5 prc. Getting all kinds of mixed info on the internet as to whether this is a long or short action. Best I can figure is that it is a short action so I ordered the 170745 also. The COAL of a Hornady 147 gr ELD Match is 2.9375.

can you confirm that it actually only holds 2 rounds?

can you confirm that it actually only holds 2 rounds?
I can get 3 rounds in the magazine, but the bolt gets hung up on the shoulder of the top bullet and won't open. 2 is no problem. So for now you get three shots. Hoping for an after market solution to this. May get one of those velcro 2 shell holders that mount on the stock in the meantime.

I can get 3 rounds in the magazine, but the bolt gets hung up on the shoulder of the top bullet and won't open. 2 is no problem. So for now you get three shots. Hoping for an after market solution to this. May get one of those velcro 2 shell holders that mount on the stock in the meantime.

thanks for the reply, I was really hoping you could get 3 in the mag. I’ve never looked into it so I’m not sure if there are other options for savage magazines.

I looked at a 6.5prc and .280 yesterday at Cabelas. I like the 22” on the .280, would I be losing much velocity over a 24” and if you could get a lightly used Ridgeline or a Ultralite for the same price what would you do?

Last edited:
I looked at a 6.5prc and .280 yesterday at Cabelas. I like the 22” on the .280, would I be losing much velocity over a 24” and if you could get a lightly used Ridgeline or a Ultralite for the same price what would you do?

Comes down to preference. I like the feel of the Savage stock compared to the Ridgeline

Back