Savage 110 Carbon Tactical 6.5 PRC

Does anyone have experience with this specific model? Thinking of getting it as a hunting rifle for my son. Accuracy, feeding, etc. are all of interest. Thanks in advance.

www.savagearms.com

110 Carbon Tactical | Proof Research Barrel | Savage Arms

The 110 Carbon Tactical is a 110 action paired with a PROOF Research stainless steel carbon fiber wrapped barrel and loaded with Savage performance features.
www.savagearms.com

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Savages just shoot, though they aren't refined. Haven't shot this particular model, but I have shot models with the tactical additions of this version, and the ultralight model with carbon fiber barrel. I would have no problem recommending it.

axeforce6

WKR
I have that in a 6 creed. It’s a shooter. Little on the heavy side. No issues with feeding. Savages have a weak extraction compared to my other rifles. REM 700 clones with dual plungers and a weatherbys. I have/had other savages and they were all very similar. They are indeed shooters. First rifle my wife ever shot and shot a half inch 5 shot group. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. I have several proof barreled rifles and have great success with them all.

I dont see the appeal of that for a hunting rifle over an ultralite. Just the same thing but with a big protruding 10 round mag, big bolt knob and more weight.
Yea I dono about hunting with that mag. If u want a savage to hunt with get an ultralite. there's big discounts on the ultralite too. Guns.com has 6.5 cm for 1050. 6.5 PRC is around 1200 on other sites. Op just type in " savage ultralite 6.5 " or whatever cartridge you're looking for on gun.deals site. And it'll search for you the best prce

axeforce6

WKR
To be fair. You don’t know where the guy is hunting. If he’s sitting in a deer stand or in a blind of some sort. He has nothing to worry about. You can keep the mag out until you’re set up. It wil make a great hunting rifle. I’ve coyote hunted with mine several times. Not a single issue.

Weldor

WKR
Have it in the 308, shoots great. The 18" bbl. makes it very handy. The Accustock is nice for adjustiblity , I have a long LOP. I am sure the PRC will be just as good.

To be fair. You don’t know where the guy is hunting. If he’s sitting in a deer stand or in a blind of some sort. He has nothing to worry about. You can keep the mag out until you’re set up. It wil make a great hunting rifle. I’ve coyote hunted with mine several times. Not a single issue.
Yeah but on the same token, itd be a pretty niche situation where a guy would want a 10 rnd mag in a treestand or blind

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s a 6.5 PRC. 7 round. Or can go with the short 3 round. It’s not anything that would change his success outcome.
A 7/10 round mag also isn't going to hurt his success outcome either... and, he can always buy a short magazine if he wants. Sometimes, I carry a single large magazine just because it is the easiest and lightest way to carry the extra ammo.

My rifle is balanced in front of my magwell, so it doesn't matter for carrying.

OP
G
It’s a 6.5 PRC. 7 round. Or can go with the short 3 round. It’s not anything that would change his success outcome.
I would do a smaller AICS mag for hunting, and I kind of like the weight for my son just to make the gun a little more stable. I’m also looking at the ultralite though. Both are good options.