Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Jc213

Lil-Rokslider
Making progress, finally got scope mounted but still waffling on brake choice. NF SHV 4-14x56 c522 mounted in Leupold Back country cross slot low rings on a Leopold Mark 4 20moa base. Thought I’d share a pic below, now I just need a little range time 🙂.

View attachment 188077
The stock looks much less “purple” then it does on their website. Almost more like a dark grey? Do you find that to be the case? Looks good in this picture! That’s what should be on their website 😂

505Wapiti

WKR
The stock looks much less “purple” then it does on their website. Almost more like a dark grey? Do you find that to be the case? Looks good in this picture! That’s what should be on their website 😂
Agreed! Yes it is definitely a gray. I agree the website pics seem to look like more of a bluish purple. When I ordered it I had considered dipping or painting the stock because I wasn’t a fan of the color on the website. I actually think I will leave it now as the gray color has grown on me.

Anybody have a 6.5 PRC or 280 AI in this rifle they can measure the mag to see how long of OAL you can put in the magazine? I’m guessing both chambers would be Saami spec? Just trying to decide how bad I want one... lol

505Wapiti

WKR
I took it apart and checked torque. If I remember correctly manual says 40 inch pound. I had no problems setting it to that.
I took the stock off and did a DIY camo job. I have checked the manual and everywhere else I could search and can’t find recommended torque specs for the action and this stock. Can you confirm where you saw the 40 inch pounds? I’m just curious as I’ve heard many people say this affects accuracy quite a bit in some rifles. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Yote Klr

FNG
I've read that in a Savage users manual and also told the same from the tech at Savage. This was in regards to their accustocks.

For these accustocks I run 40 in front and 35 rear.

jfs82

WKR
I took the stock off and did a DIY camo job. I have checked the manual and everywhere else I could search and can’t find recommended torque specs for the action and this stock. Can you confirm where you saw the 40 inch pounds? I’m just curious as I’ve heard many people say this affects accuracy quite a bit in some rifles. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Let's see it!

Fshnpole

FNG
i looked at the manual again and couldnt find it real quick, but I swear I read 40 ip somewhere. I had also read guys had good luck with 40 front 35 rear.
How did the paint come out? I had mine all taped up and was going to paint it but was worried I wouldnt keep a clean edge around the rubber inlays. Did you just tape them off?

505Wapiti

WKR
i looked at the manual again and couldnt find it real quick, but I swear I read 40 ip somewhere. I had also read guys had good luck with 40 front 35 rear.
How did the paint come out? I had mine all taped up and was going to paint it but was worried I wouldnt keep a clean edge around the rubber inlays. Did you just tape them off?
I lightly sanded for adhesion and wiped clean with alcohol, let dry and airbrushed the different colors. Let dry for 48 hours and then applied about 6 coats of matte clear enamel. I painted over the overmolded rubber and got good adhesion. Prep is the key. It’s not the best looking but it will live a rough life in the mountains anyway.

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
Here you go.
a3bc49a228144501369cd47c3d2a5570.jpg

Cooposo

FNG
Hey new guy to the forum here, first comment ever. Thanks to all of you posting pictures and impressions. This thread seems to be the only source on the entire web for this 110 Ultralite in the wild. I'm wondering if some of you could offer me advice. Anything from completely biased to scientifically objective is welcome.

I'm set on getting this 110 Ultralite to replace my only hunting rifle, a hefty inherited sporterized 1917 Enfield in 30-06. It will be for elk every year, mulies every year I can draw, and sheep/goats if I am so fortunate. The big question is to get this 110 Ultralite in 280 AI or 300 WSM? I love what I read of the ballistics and recoil in the 280 AI. In the Ultralite the 22" barrel and increased magazine capacity are both pros to me. But I've borrowed my dad's Christenson 300 WSM for a few hunts and used it to great effect on elk. I don't notice recoil when hunting but that rifle isn't much fun on the bench. Any strong opinions one way or the other? I'm probably going to be a factory ammo kinda guy for the foreseeable future. Thanks all.

tdhanses

WKR
Hey new guy to the forum here, first comment ever. Thanks to all of you posting pictures and impressions. This thread seems to be the only source on the entire web for this 110 Ultralite in the wild. I'm wondering if some of you could offer me advice. Anything from completely biased to scientifically objective is welcome.

I'm set on getting this 110 Ultralite to replace my only hunting rifle, a hefty inherited sporterized 1917 Enfield in 30-06. It will be for elk every year, mulies every year I can draw, and sheep/goats if I am so fortunate. The big question is to get this 110 Ultralite in 280 AI or 300 WSM? I love what I read of the ballistics and recoil in the 280 AI. In the Ultralite the 22" barrel and increased magazine capacity are both pros to me. But I've borrowed my dad's Christenson 300 WSM for a few hunts and used it to great effect on elk. I don't notice recoil when hunting but that rifle isn't much fun on the bench. Any strong opinions one way or the other? I'm probably going to be a factory ammo kinda guy for the foreseeable future. Thanks all.
Get the 300wsm. If recoil is an issue have a Terminator T2 brake installed and it’ll barely have any recoil.

NMhunter92

Lil-Rokslider
Get the 300wsm. If recoil is an issue have a Terminator T2 brake installed and it’ll barely have any recoil.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’m going to get this break. Shot this group after getting a lead sled. I have the .300 wsm. If I can just get used to the accutrugger

Attachments

• 7EFD4020-626C-46DB-87D9-65D6C140A545.jpeg
    7EFD4020-626C-46DB-87D9-65D6C140A545.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 105
  • 7DBC85CC-9E50-408A-82A4-5B15D0E0169B.jpeg
    7DBC85CC-9E50-408A-82A4-5B15D0E0169B.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 104

tdhanses

WKR
Thanks for the recommendation. I’m going to get this break. Shot this group after getting a lead sled. I have the .300 wsm. If I can just get used to the accutrugger

I shot 40rds through my 300wsm on Saturday, shoulder didn’t even feel it, that brake is amazing, loud but amazing.

Yote Klr

FNG
Do yourself a favor and throw that leadslead away. Your point of impact and barrel harmonics are affected by it. Don't hide behind that crutch...unless you plan on bringing it into the field hunting!