RokStok

Trouble free zeroing. It only took 0.3 mil up going from factory to Rokstok. I haven't shot in a while as I'm archery focused near term, so there could be form inconsistency there.

I couldn't use my ear muffs with the new stock. I had to squeeze in those orange ear plugs. Is this common? Maybe I have form issue with cheek weld? Howard Leight low-profiles muffs, so they're pretty small. I would get interference with factory stock as well but I always managed to make it work. Using Talley lows currently.

Eager to shoot field positions.

ChrisAU

WKR
I ordered mine with an ARCA rail, looks like I could order an ARCA/Pic rail separately and swap them out if I wanted to?

Tartan

WKR
Got out today and shot a couple 10 round groups to verify zero. Ended up adjusting 1 mil down and 1 mil right. Didn’t stretch it out as the range down the street only goes to 100.

I do not have the rifle experience of many on here, but I can say I’ve never shot a stock that is so easy to settle in to. Most of my experience is just your standard sporter stock. The tikka with vertical grip was better, but I still had to fiddle around to get stable.

IMG_9325.jpeg

Best 10 shot group of the day (the others weren’t much worse) black hills 77tmk
IMG_9331.jpeg

brockel

WKR
Hahah yep I’m that guy. It’s not your pic rail that’s the problem, it’s me 😂

I still carry rifles with a sling on the bottom like a Fudd; I just can’t quite get past that. Because most of my barrels are 26” (can’t use a suppressor here, and hate brakes), it makes them want to hang and slide way back instead of straight up unless my sling stud is very far forward (1/2” in the wrong direction is noticeable to me, bunch of my stocks have all kinds of holes drilled from experimenting). That really limits pic rail setups and things end up looking/feeling janky to get it right. Basically the stud has got to be 2” or less from the end of the stock..

After I used a spigot on a bravo for a while I decided I loved that setup..felt like the bipod closer to the barrel and farther forward was a very noticable improvement.

I was prepared to dremel like a fool but thankfully unknown was down to try something different 😎

View attachment 746476View attachment 746477
Interesting
A2A2D6B5-98A2-426E-B6E3-96313BFE63CE.gif

finner

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had accuracy issues since swapping to a Rokstok?
Yes. I have a Tikka with a barrel that shot well in in a bedded AG but opened up significantly when I swapped it to a Rokstok. Went from 1.1 MOA for 10 to 1.6 MOA for 10. Swapped the lug for a Lumley and did an ugly but functional bedding job. Subsequent group was 1.05MOA. Yes, the recoil lug was seated correctly and it was torqued to 65 inch pounds with an aftermarket bottom metal.

Either the bedding or the recoil lug swap could be responsible, but I'm leaving for caribou next week and didn't want to take the time to isolate the problem. There was a noticeable size difference between the Lumley and the MT lug, fwiw, but I didn't measure.

I was pretty disappointed initially with the accuracy decrease. However, now that accuracy is where I want it, I'm loving the advantages the stock brings. I have another on order and have no issues with potentially having to bed it.

Yes. I have a Tikka with a barrel that shot well in in a bedded AG but opened up significantly when I swapped it to a Rokstok. Went from 1.1 MOA for 10 to 1.6 MOA for 10. Swapped the lug for a Lumley and did an ugly but functional bedding job. Subsequent group was 1.05MOA. Yes, the recoil lug was seated correctly and it was torqued to 65 inch pounds with an aftermarket bottom metal.

Either the bedding or the recoil lug swap could be responsible, but I'm leaving for caribou next week and didn't want to take the time to isolate the problem. There was a noticeable size difference between the Lumley and the MT lug, fwiw, but I didn't measure.

I was pretty disappointed initially with the accuracy decrease. However, now that accuracy is where I want it, I'm loving the advantages the stock brings. I have another on order and have no issues with potentially having to bed it.
It sounds like I’m having the same issue as you. After measuring both lugs they are very close to the same size. It looks to be a bedding issue in my case. Were your groups opening up more horizontally? Or inconsistent flyers?

finner

Lil-Rokslider
It sounds like I’m having the same issue as you. After measuring both lugs they are very close to the same size. It looks to be a bedding issue in my case. Were your groups opening up more horizontally? Or inconsistent flyers?
Big horizontal dispersion. I’d probably try the factory lug to see if that changes anything first.

sveltri

WKR
Has anyone had accuracy issues since swapping to a Rokstok?
I have. In 2 different barreled actions, both Tikkas .223 and 6.5 CM. I'm going to try going back to 45in pounds on the action screws and see if that changes anything. I was not interested in having to bed the action, but that will be next if necessary. I'm not unhappy with the stock at all, hence my willingness to have it bedded. I have never been able to spot my shots as effectively as I can with that stock. As mentioned above, horizontal dispersion. Also, if yours is scalloped and came with a rail be sure to do whatever you do to make sure the screws are tight and stay put.