RokStok

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only 12/21 unchanged order that hasn't shipped yet? What do I win?

Bare Carbon Sendero Arca :cry:
You are not alone, but mines an LE Green CTR inlet so I figured it might be at the end of the line in each process along the way. You’ll get yours before mine I’d bet!
Edit: If I get mine first tho…. I’ll be sure to let ya know (ha!)

Last edited:

lak2004

WKR
It's odd stocks from the first day aren't all shipped but people that have ordered multiple stocks after the first day have em. I figured they would go in order.
They already explained this. Depends on the mold and options. And they were having issues with bare carbon and imperfections.

lak2004

WKR
No I have been trying not to be that customer that calls a bunch asking about their order and trusting that UM had it under control. Apparently that was the wrong move. It will be rectified shortly I'm sure with the flood of other calls this morning.
Just call and ask, takes 1 minute.

The bridge on the stock in front of the trigger? If so yes that's common. I did have to take some off there on mine as well. My bottom metal I'm using is radiused and the stock was square so a little had to come off. I've had to relieve other stocks here as well. It looks like you'll need to open it up for the screw. You can't blame UM or Stockys for that. Almost every stock and make needs something fixed it seems because you can't cover every little variation in all of the available parts.

Im not bashing, I get the product variations, my lady owns a business. I’m just making sure before I start cutting that I just don’t have the wrong bottom
Metal.

Bridge, gotcha.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
But that doesnt appear to be 100% true. As @mxgsfmdpx order for a railed tika was much later then mine.
Lets try and be objective a tad, a bunch have their jump to conclusions mat out. mxgsfmdpx has a COATED railed one from mid Jan in cerakote (hasn't shipped yet) and he only knew that because he talked to them, hence why I said yesterday that it likely implies folks with COATED railed stocks from before that time are also probably in cerakote and just don't know it yet.

It sounded like you have a gold that was switched to cerakote (IE might be in coating right now as noted above) and a green one you don't know about (if its still green or camo it might be still being dealt with). Other folks have bare carbon, which they said would take longer because they need to pass cosmetic QC for bare carbon where as coated they can touch up.

I'm choosing to be optimistic about all coated railed stocks from before mid Jan being in coating right now (rather than mxgsfmdpx's being moved up). Trust me, UM pissed me off yesterday with a different feck up so I'm not gonna just fanboy defend them, but I try and be an objective person and I see folks reading right past mxgsfmdpx saying his is in coating (not shipped) and the only reason he knows that is he was talking to them about a status, that doesn't mean others were inherently skipped.

ChrisAU

WKR
I need a 6CM in my life, and I'm torn between Rokstok/Tikka Donor/McGowen Prefit or for ~$500 less a Springfield Waypoint. I know what I need to do, but indecision will kill me.

Reactions: NSI

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Lets try and be objective a tad, a bunch have their jump to conclusions mat out. mxgsfmdpx has a COATED railed one from mid Jan in cerakote (hasn't shipped yet) and he only knew that because he talked to them, hence why I said yesterday that it likely implies folks with COATED railed stocks from before that time are also probably in cerakote and just don't know it yet.

It sounded like you have a gold that was switched to cerakote (IE might be in coating right now as noted above) and a green one you don't know about (if its still green or camo it might be still being dealt with). Other folks have bare carbon, which they said would take longer because they need to pass cosmetic QC for bare carbon where as coated they can touch up.

I'm choosing to be optimistic about all coated railed stocks from before mid Jan being in coating right now (rather than mxgsfmdpx's being moved up). Trust me, UM pissed me off yesterday with a different feck up so I'm not gonna just fanboy defend them, but I try and be an objective person and I see folks reading right past mxgsfmdpx saying his is in coating (not shipped) and the only reason he knows that is he was talking to them about a status, that doesn't mean others were inherently skipped.
But they are getting what 20-30 stocks a week? If a stock from mid January is in cerakote, and people who ordered the first day/week still don't have theirs and haven't had a call to confirm then it's definitely not going in order. Considering everything in question has been a railed Tikka. Someone from 12-26 has theirs and others from 12-21 don't have theirs. It's just getting close to crunch time. Hearing them say on the 7-23 podcast they increased their posted lead time but it's actually probably close to about 90 days again is pretty irritating to hear when alot of us are questioning if we will get our stock within 90 days of that podcast when we ordered 200+ days ago. I know they are burning the candle at both ends, but still. I don't want UM to jump on here again and say shame on us for being upset.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
But they are getting what 20-30 stocks a week? If a stock from mid January is in cerakote, and people who ordered the first day/week still don't have theirs and haven't had a call to confirm then it's definitely not going in order. Considering everything in question has been a railed Tikka. Someone from 12-26 has theirs and others from 12-21 don't have theirs. It's just getting close to crunch time. Hearing them say on the 7-23 podcast they increased their posted lead time but it's actually probably close to about 90 days again is pretty irritating to hear when alot of us are questioning if we will get our stock within 90 days of that podcast when we ordered 200+ days ago. I know they are burning the candle at both ends, but still. I don't want UM to jump on here again and say shame on us for being upset.
EDIT: I looked back in the thread, that 12/26 stock that was received yesterday was a bare carbon railed, so I guess disregard what I said below. I was trying to be objective but there are some oddities. Seems like if you want to really know give them a call.

If you noticed folks that posted up from the first day were bare carbon and not coated, I was trying to emphasize that difference because they said it makes a difference. As for a coated mid Jan stock being in cerakote, it could have a stack of other stocks in front of it in cerakote, we don't know. Now if you have a coated railed tikka stock from before mid Jan and call for a status and they say it hasn't been built yet THEN you could say something smells fishy. No one has done that, they're just getting riled up at that datapoint without taking it in context.

Context:
-Coated stocks can be created from QC flawed bare carbon ones, IE a coated stock from after a bare carbon order might be delivered sooner.
-Someone from mid Jan has a coated railed stock in coating right now, and someone else from Dec 26 with a coated railed stock got theirs yesterday. Both those datapoints makes it seem quite likely that COATED railed stocks from late Dec/early Jan are in coating. If you have one of those and don't call for a status then don't get pissy here thinking someone jumped ahead of you. Get a status first before jumping to the conclusion.

Last edited:

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
EDIT: I looked back in the thread, that 12/26 stock that was received yesterday was a bare carbon railed, so I guess disregard what I said below. I was trying to be objective but there are some oddities. Seems like if you want to really know give them a call.

If you noticed folks that posted up from the first day were bare carbon and not coated, I was trying to emphasize that difference because they said it makes a difference. As for a coated mid Jan stock being in cerakote, it could have a stack of other stocks in front of it in cerakote, we don't know. Now if you have a coated railed tikka stock from before mid Jan and call for a status and they say it hasn't been built yet THEN you could say something smells fishy. No one has done that, they're just getting riled up at that datapoint without taking it in context.

Context:
-Coated stocks can be created from QC flawed bare carbon ones, IE a coated stock from after a bare carbon order might be delivered sooner.
-Someone from mid Jan has a coated railed stock in coating right now, and someone else from Dec 26 with a coated railed stock got theirs yesterday. Both those datapoints makes it seem quite likely that COATED railed stocks from late Dec/early Jan are in coating. If you have one of those and don't call for a status then don't get pissy here thinking someone jumped ahead of you. Get a status first before jumping to the conclusion.
Guess I was still running on the whole

"No, calling and emailing will not get your stock to you any faster.
No, we still cannot provide you any update on ETA's"

I'm not pissy, text is a poor way of communication and getting feelings across.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Guess I was still running on the whole

"No, calling and emailing will not get your stock to you any faster.
No, we still cannot provide you any update on ETA's"

I'm not pissy, text is a poor way of communication and getting feelings across.
Fair enough. But the hornet nest in general (not you specifically) was starting to buzz alot so I was trying to help sort things out a bit based on being objective.

Personally I have late Dec railed coated tikka stock so if mine isn't also in coating and mxgsfmdpx gets his sooner then I certainly would be annoyed, but I didn't jump to the conclusion his is past mine because I haven't called. I personally am super frustrated dealing with UM on a different issue yet I don't feel the need to pile on negatively here based on assumption alone. SO if folks are worked up at hearing there is a mid Jan COATED stock in house for a client and they also have a coated stock ordered before that they should probably call and ask at this point vs staying worked up and not knowing.