RokStok

brushape

WKR
Alterra bs rokstock comparison, the alterra has a 23” carbon six 6.5 saum and the rokstock is 24” 7prc both have 4-18 bushnell lrhs
80652c190a3cdf87e73db8b70d0c9686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alterra bs rokstock comparison, the alterra has a 23” carbon six 6.5 saum and the rokstock is 24” 7prc both have 4-18 bushnell lrhs

I love my alterras except for the long trigger reach..

RyanT26

WKR

Is the trigger reach as noticeable as it looks like it would be?

Is the trigger reach as noticeable as it looks like it would be.
I had no problem with my alterra until I tried a KRG bravo with a much shorter and more natural trigger reach..then I realized what I was missing. The alterra grip feels good..but it’s harder to get a nice 90 degree trigger pull.

I don’t have a rokstock yet fwiw.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'll be shooting an Alterra .223 Tikka at S2HU since my Rostok isn't ready. Will report back with 600 rounds + of A/B comparison after that, as I assume several equivalent .223 Rokstoks will be in attendance. The Alterra grip certainly falls short of what Alterra claimed they were trying to do with natural right-handed positioning. It is indeed not natural for anything but a first index pad for me (medium but wide hands).

-J

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is the trigger reach as noticeable as it looks like it would be?

Yes. And it’s not just the reach- the whole geometry is off. The trigger reach, angle of the grip, recoil pad to grip distance- everything. I was the first person to talk to them about making a Tikka version, and @mtnwrunner sent his T3 in to be modeled. Once I got to shoot them heavily, I was no longer interested.

It’s as if someone took all the designs or specific parts of a design, but didn’t know how they should work together as a shooting implement.

Does anyone have a 34mm main tube LPVO in the UM Tikka rings? I’m strongly considering the Credo 1-10 for my 223 and was wondering what height rings would yield better results?

180ls1

WKR
Yes. And it’s not just the reach- the whole geometry is off. The trigger reach, angle of the grip, recoil pad to grip distance- everything. I was the first person to talk to them about making a Tikka version, and @mtnwrunner sent his T3 in to be modeled. Once I got to shoot them heavily, I was no longer interested.

It’s as if someone took all the designs or specific parts of a design, but didn’t know how they should work together as a shooting implement.

I know this is tough, but, do you have any musings or ability to quantify how much the rokstok would improve the average Rokslider's ability to make shots at extended distances or consistently make shots?

I have seen some of the hit probability stuff you posted related to caliber selection which was really helpful. I am not sure if any of that could apply or be quantified here.

brushape

WKR
I know this is tough, but, do you have any musings or ability to quantify how much the rokstok would improve the average Rokslider's ability to make shots at extended distances or consistently make shots?

I have seen some of the hit probability stuff you posted related to caliber selection which was really helpful. I am not sure if any of that could apply or be quantified here.

Just a quick comparison of the trigger reach with the same grip on each rifle. The very tip of my finger reaches the trigger on the alterra and it lands between my first and second knuckle on the rokstock

Has anyone tried the RokStok in the Exo K4 rifle carrier? Wanting to know how it fits… I remember seeing a few folks mention it was tight for other rifle stocks

180ls1

WKR
Just a quick comparison of the trigger reach with the same grip on each rifle. The very tip of my finger reaches the trigger on the alterra and it lands between my first and second knuckle on the rokstock

Have you been able to measure how that effects your group size?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

I am hesitant to state as I don’t have legitimate, and rigorous data. However, what is seeming to be the case is a reduction in error effect. When a shot would be pulled off target by 3-4 MOA with the factory stock, it’s only off by 1-2 MOA with the ROKStok- in other words is more forgiving of shooter input error.

The largest advantage to the ROKStok is in spotting your own hits/misses through the scope- way better than any other general hunting stock; the trigger reach and correct hand position, and the parallel forend and toe. Then, it is alone in the market as it combines all of those things into a sporter stock package, not a bulky stock.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

It isn’t group size generally- one can shoot a 2x4 from a bench well. It’s alternate positions- especially when a good body position cannot be achieved, and under time pressure that the error in “group size” is reduced with the ROKStok.

180ls1

WKR
I am hesitant to state as I don’t have legitimate, and rigorous data. However, what is seeming to be the case is a reduction in error effect. When a shot would be pulled off target by 3-4 MOA with the factory stock, it’s only off by 1-2 MOA with the ROKStok- in other words is more forgiving of shooter input error.

The largest advantage to the ROKStok is in spotting your own hits/misses through the scope- way better than any other general hunting stock; the trigger reach and correct hand position, and the parallel forend and toe. Then, it is alone in the market as it combines all of those things into a sporter stock package, not a bulky stock.

Thanks.

I have found similar with my target bow (that I use for hunting). At the range, I don't shoot it much better than my true hunting bow. However, when you introduce real-world issues you would encounter when hunting. It pulls away, especially when the distance grows.

If I had to guess, in field, it adds 15ish yards to my effective range.

Last edited:

brushape

WKR

Just went and shot the rifle for the first time and I’m really liking it. It’s a new build with a fresh prefit barrel and shot amazing. Recoil management was great and although I have nothing to compare it to since I haven’t shot either that cartridge or stock in any other combos it worked great. Extremely accurate

prm

WKR

I genuinely appreciate your efforts to drive this change in sporter stocks. There are stocks that had elements I desired, but nothing that put it all together. This does that, and honestly has more design features than I had considered.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I genuinely appreciate your efforts to drive this change in sporter stocks. There are stocks that had elements I desired, but nothing that put it all together. This does that, and honestly has more design features than I had considered.

I will be curious to hear what you think when/if you start shooting with one.

prm

WKR
I will be curious to hear what you think when/if you start shooting with one.
Had one ordered but sold the Tikka it was going on. Next is a .223 T3X. Really hope a version for an 84M comes in the future. Enjoy reading the comments for now.