RokStok

Dobermann

WKR
I don’t see it as much of a down side. Sticks and pine needles in my large cuts pretty much. Call out, or I can dig them out. Can do the same with snow when it gets packed in there.
@Lawnboi - I'm not familiar with the technique of calling out sticks and pine needles.

Is it 'call out' as in coaxing?: 'Sticks? Pine needles? I know you're in therrrre ...'

Or 'call out' as in name and shame?: 'Sticks! Your mother was a log! Pine needles, you're not even good tinder!'

On the serious side, good point about stuff being more likely to get stuck - and unnoticed - in a tighter fit. Hadn't thought of that. Now I'm going to have to spend the next couple of hours removing actions!

Lawnboi

WKR
@Lawnboi - I'm not familiar with the technique of calling out sticks and pine needles.

Is it 'call out' as in coaxing?: 'Sticks? Pine needles? I know you're in therrrre ...'

Or 'call out' as in name and shame?: 'Sticks! Your mother was a log! Pine needles, you're not even good tinder!'

On the serious side, good point about stuff being more likely to get stuck - and unnoticed - in a tighter fit. Hadn't thought of that. Now I'm going to have to spend the next couple of hours removing actions!
Auto correct normally gets me atleast once per post.

RussDXT

WKR
Wise man say: If for Sporter, 3B is minimum, and Sendero is for cool guys with more dead cats, then for CTR, Sendero is the only way.

The only remain question is why you persist with CTR? Not needed, and less room for dead cats.

Already have the CTR at my ffl, I was going to list it for sale, but then decided I need to get a Rokstock.

Dobermann

WKR
Already have the CTR at my ffl, I was going to list it for sale, but then decided I need to get a Rokstock.
One option is to convert the CTR into a dedicated competition rifle (if that's your thing), and get the benefits of the lighter weight and better balance from the Lite/Sporter profile paired with the Rokstok. That's what I did.

Unless you're going all out on the build, and want to use the Minox ZP5 with THLR reticle, and want the heavier barrel for balancing out the scope. But, then a decent-sized can might be the better solution for that.

Just some ideas.

I'm hoping to play with balance with a Rokstock, Superlite barrel and ZP5 vs Minox RS1.2, and will try to remember to post findings here.

One option is to convert the CTR into a dedicated competition rifle (if that's your thing), and get the benefits of the lighter weight and better balance from the Lite/Sporter profile paired with the Rokstok. That's what I did.

Unless you're going all out on the build, and want to use the Minox ZP5 with THLR reticle, and want the heavier barrel for balancing out the scope. But, then a decent-sized can might be the better solution for that.

Just some ideas.

I'm hoping to play with balance with a Rokstock, Superlite barrel and ZP5 vs Minox RS1.2, and will try to remember to post findings here.
Chop/deep spiral flute/rethread..

That would probably be my solution if I had a ctr

Dobermann

WKR
This image led today's Rokslide email update. Can't see it on the ROKStok - what, why, how thread so adding it here for completeness.

If it's already been posted in this thread, I'll put on the Cone of Shame.

1704402989752.png

This image led today's Rokslide email update. Can't see it on the ROKStok - what, why, how thread so adding it here for completeness.

If it's already been posted in this thread, I'll put on the Cone of Shame.

View attachment 651959

They talked about "true negative comb" and drop at heel on the rokstok podcast but doesn't seem like they are fully aligned on terms?

Comb: top of buttstock under shooter's head. Can have positive, negative, or zero slope, all of which are independent of heel height.

Heel: top of butt pad.

So spend $150 more to get it to be like the rifle that was $300 cheaper from the start?
If I already had the rifle, it’s not where I would start myself, I wouldn’t buy a CTR in the first place, the lites do anything I want

It was a theoretical “if I had a CTR”

SDHNTR

WKR
View attachment 651937View attachment 651938View attachment 651941View attachment 651940
Ask and receive…
In the third pic you can see through to the sling stud recess to get an idea.
And kitty said, I no fit…
This isn’t hard! Those of you who like a tighter fit to the barrel channel, yet not too tight, can easily customize it yourself in a matter of minutes. Order the factory supporter cut out. Take progressively larger deep sockets and wrap some sandpiper around em. Lay it in the barrel channel and go to town until you get the clearance you desire.

This isn’t hard! Those of you who like a tighter fit to the barrel channel, yet not too tight, can easily customize it yourself in a matter of minutes. Order the factory supporter cut out. Take progressively larger deep sockets and wrap some sandpiper around em. Lay it in the barrel channel and go to town until you get the clearance you desire.
Sandpipers are protected here, what would be a good alternative? Seagulls?

RussDXT

WKR
If the CTR is a bad choice for the rokstock I can get rid of it and order a different lighter weight tikka. When I ran the numbers in what it would cost me it was pretty close.

If I’m selling everything extra on the CTR (stock, mag, rail) would I be still significantly heavier on the barrel?

I guess if I did go with a t3x lite I’d cut it to 18”

Thanks!

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU

Isn’t this a hard shell stock with a foam core?
Wouldn't that compromise structural integrity

I did this on my Stockys hunter vg with no problems

@Stockys ?

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

SouthPaw

WKR
If the CTR is a bad choice for the rokstock I can get rid of it and order a different lighter weight tikka. When I ran the numbers in what it would cost me it was pretty close.

If I’m selling everything extra on the CTR (stock, mag, rail) would I be still significantly heavier on the barrel?

I guess if I did go with a t3x lite I’d cut it to 18”

Thanks!
Keep it, shed all the weight as you are and its an awesome rifle. The CTR barrels are hammers and already threaded 5/8×24.