RokStok

I agree with your reliability argument and if you’ve had field failures I’d be skeptical like you.

I do find it easier to off hand shoot with flush mags over protruding. I take a lot of off hand shots and prefer the sakos over my tikkas.

Edit: I also prefer a 6+1 flush mount over a 3+1 protruding mag any day of the week.
I, too, do a lot of still/timber hunting and snow tracking, leading to a fair amount of off hand shooting. A lot of times I carry a lever or 7600 for this purpose; however, there's times when the day develops differently than anticipated and I end up carrying a more long range centric bolt action for closer shots.

To this end, I've pretty well switched back to OEM mags in the Tikkas I use. I've tried most of the aftermarket and AICS mags in Tikkas, and while they've all fed well, the OEM mags just carry in hand that much better. I usually carry an extended mag in my pocket as a spare or to sometimes swap in for watching a meadow/glassing.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I almost went back to rem actions just to get a clymer. Glad I didn't and now I won't ever have to. Thanks
I, too, do a lot of still/timber hunting and snow tracking, leading to a fair amount of off hand shooting. A lot of times I carry a lever or 7600 for this purpose; however, there's times when the day develops differently than anticipated and I end up carrying a more long range centric bolt action for closer shots.

To this end, I've pretty well switched back to OEM mags in the Tikkas I use. I've tried most of the aftermarket and AICS mags in Tikkas, and while they've all fed well, the OEM mags just carry in hand that much better. I usually carry an extended mag in my pocket as a spare or to sometimes swap in for watching a meadow/glassing.

Yeah that’s a really good idea on using factory mags for hunts where off hand shots are likely. I probably have a dozen factory mags laying around the gun room.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
e432d72ccf5149e98e97d12bbb038d72.jpg

Eyeballing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
e432d72ccf5149e98e97d12bbb038d72.jpg

Eyeballing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably been answered and I suck at reading… is there enough space on that forend scallop deal to flush mount a Spartan adapter? I think in the podcast you mentioned it will support it, wasn’t sure if it will be flush mountable or screw on “exposed” style for the Spartan?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Probably been answered and I suck at reading… is there enough space on that forend scallop deal to flush mount a Spartan adapter? I think in the podcast you mentioned it will support it, wasn’t sure if it will be flush mountable or screw on “exposed” style for the Spartan?
We are making two fore ends should work with the non scalloped version.

Dumb question. Will a mini arca plate fit on there without the sides sticking out?

Pretty pumped to hear this. I have gone to arca on everything, rifle, spotter, binos, bipod, tripod. Really like the ability to put the front of the rifle on a tripod, and support the rear with pack over tall grass. Though can't get on board with a field rifle having an arca plate in the middle of the stock right where you balance to carry.