Rokslide conspiracy and/or psychology experiments

gtriple

WKR
If you don’t know then maybe I have to revoke your WKR status😀

talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby-dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me.gif

7mm-08

WKR
So, I can't imagine I'm the only one in this situation...

Wake up one morning, and I've gone from Well Known Rokslider to Lil'Rokslider. What? Oh well, who cares, right? Not me. These are meaningless internet points. I'm not that childish.

Day 2, WKR is a thing, not that many more posts. Nope, not gonna pad my post count to try to make meaningless internet points.

Day 3, I find myself chiming in on threads I would normally just sit back and watch. Apparently my opinion is more worth sharing now? Not doing it for the meaningless internet points, that's for damn sure. Checking my profile to see how many posts I have is completely unrelated.

Day 4, did the mods do this on purpose to drive site traffic and post counts? Am I being manipulated? What's going on here? Am I really this shallow and vain?

Day 5, yep, I'm really this shallow and vain. I'm making more posts per day than I ever have, and telling myself it's not for WKR status.

Please tell me I'm not alone.
You're not alone...

gtriple

WKR
The moment has passed 😎
I think I should get the "Well-Known Statistician" title.... but I'd settle for "Math Guy"... 🤓

Gen273

WKR
Interesting, I am posting just to see what my title is after the change....lol!

WBrim

WKR
So, I can't imagine I'm the only one in this situation...

Wake up one morning, and I've gone from Well Known Rokslider to Lil'Rokslider. What? Oh well, who cares, right? Not me. These are meaningless internet points. I'm not that childish.

Day 2, WKR is a thing, not that many more posts. Nope, not gonna pad my post count to try to make meaningless internet points.

Day 3, I find myself chiming in on threads I would normally just sit back and watch. Apparently my opinion is more worth sharing now? Not doing it for the meaningless internet points, that's for damn sure. Checking my profile to see how many posts I have is completely unrelated.

Day 4, did the mods do this on purpose to drive site traffic and post counts? Am I being manipulated? What's going on here? Am I really this shallow and vain?

Day 5, yep, I'm really this shallow and vain. I'm making more posts per day than I ever have, and telling myself it's not for WKR status.

Please tell me I'm not alone.
Careful, people who figure these psy-op things out tend to disappear from time to time… spot on tho!

WBrim

WKR
Just curious, as this post got me thinking-
CBC has a specific reference to 300 messages as a milestone, but does not relate it to WKR… is the number adjustable? Why not say WKR?

WKR
Just curious, as this post got me thinking-
CBC has a specific reference to 300 messages as a milestone, but does not relate it to WKR… is the number adjustable? Why not say WKR?
Some instigators occasionally receive custom temporary tags. Specifying 300 posts is a more fair way of running a contest.

WBrim

WKR
Some instigators occasionally receive custom temporary tags. Specifying 300 posts is a more fair way of running a contest.
That makes sense, hard to have any grey area on a number. Either it’s enough or not. Thanks