Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

huntnful

WKR
I’m in the same boat, I have owned or ran most of the higher end RF binos and besides guiding, I don’t like em, under 300 send it and over 300 I’ve not had a situation that we couldn’t get it done with a handheld and I even use a kestrel most of the time for ballistics.
So I current have the Revic binos and the NL pure 14's rights now, and I'm STILL torn hahaha. I'm going to scout most of the early season with the combo, but I may end up back at the 12 NL's and BR4. More time is definitely needed before any drastic moves lol

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
So I current have the Revic binos and the NL pure 14's rights now, and I'm STILL torn hahaha. I'm going to scout most of the early season with the combo, but I may end up back at the 12 NL's and BR4. More time is definitely needed before any drastic moves lol
Once it costs you a really good animal, the decision will be easy... RF Binoculars are the way.

6.5x284

WKR
Once it costs you a really good animal, the decision will be easy... RF Binoculars are the way.
How many animals has it cost you? Not being a dick, genuinely curious. I'm still a fan of 12x NL and a stand alone RF for rifle hunting. I like a RF bino for matches.

When I see an animal in that 0-400 yard range that I'm concerned about blowing out, it's because I've spotted him with my naked eye and I'm ranging and dialing first and once I'm on the gun I'll observe and get out the spotter, binos, mil width with the reticle, etc... as time permits. The animals I couldn't have gotten a shot on time wise are those timber pounding shots where any RF isn't being used.

I'd be curious on the situation where it cost you an animal(s). Are you talking wide open country? The only animal I've lost due to time was a bull using a Kifaru Gun Bearer. It was a quick encounter, but I could have shot it if not in the GB. It was small so didn't matter in the end. I'm curious if this is a more the type of terrain we hunt thing.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
How many animals has it cost you? Not being a dick, genualy curious. I'm still a fan of 12x NL and a stand alone RF for rifle hunting. I like a RF bino for matches.

When I see an animal in that 0-400 yard range that I'm concerned about blowing out, it's because I've spotted him with my naked eye and I'm ranging and dialing first and once I'm on the gun I'll observe and get out the spotter, binos, mil width with the reticle, etc... as time permits. The animals I couldn't have gotten a shot on time wise are those timber pounding shots where any RF isn't being used.

I'd be curious on the situation where it cost you an animal(s). Are you talking wide open country? The only animal I've lost time was was a bull using a Kifaru Gun Bearer. It was a quick encounter, but I could have shot it if not in the GB. It was small so didn't matter in the end.
There was just one big buck chasing a doe in low-light burnt timber between 450 and 700 yards. It was chaotic, with several little bucks trying to chase the doe. Going from binos to RF to rifle was too slow.

The number of animals I miss from glassing between the 10 EL Range and 12NL is NIL. I have compared them a lot in the field.

6.5x284

WKR
There was just one big buck chasing a doe in low-light burnt timber between 450 and 700 yards. It was chaotic, with several little bucks trying to chase the doe. Going from binos to RF to rifle was too slow.

The number of animals I miss from glassing between the 10 EL Range and 12NL is NIL. I have compared them a lot in the field.
Got it. I was envisioning it from an animal seeing you, didn't think about an animal on the move.

huntnful

WKR
I’ve heard you talk about that big buck it cost you a few times.

It hasn’t cost me a big game animal YET, but I know for damn sure ranging binos are a much better set up for coyotes and how they constantly move and pop up in various different areas.

So I can basically envision a big rutting buck doing just that at some point. And it being a cluster F going back and forth.

Now the question is, if I’m sticking with the NL 14’s as a pack bino. Are the Revics better, or the 8 or 10X32 EL range TA’s better for a chest bino??? 😬😬.

One instance last year that absolutely aided in killing a buck was being able to range him at 2500 yards and drop a pin exactly on him using my line tool on OnX. Then going over there and killing him in his bed. That’s why I’m leaning towards staying with the Revic’s. The swaros can’t range that far. But also a one off instance

WRO

WKR

Having been a part of similar shit shows, without a dedicated spotter calling ranges, they’re a tough lift no matter the equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having been a part of similar shit shows, without a dedicated spotter calling ranges, they’re a tough lift no matter the equipment.

What I like about the smart binos is that now instead of someone calling ranges that you have to calculate, they are using your binos and calling out Mils.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I’ve heard you talk about that big buck it cost you a few times.

It hasn’t cost me a big game animal YET, but I know for damn sure ranging binos are a much better set up for coyotes and how they constantly move and pop up in various different areas.

So I can basically envision a big rutting buck doing just that at some point. And it being a cluster F going back and forth.

Now the question is, if I’m sticking with the NL 14’s as a pack bino. Are the Revics better, or the 8 or 10X32 EL range TA’s better for a chest bino??? 😬😬.

One instance last year that absolutely aided in killing a buck was being able to range him at 2500 yards and drop a pin exactly on him using my line tool on OnX. Then going over there and killing him in his bed. That’s why I’m leaning towards staying with the Revic’s. The swaros can’t range that far. But also a one off instance

I use the Revic's all the time. But I have little bitch eyes that are sensitive to light, and for some reason, most optics give me a headache during long glassing sessions, the Revics included, or I would use them more often.

huntnful

WKR
I use the Revic's all the time. But I have little bitch eyes that are sensitive to light, and for some reason, most optics give me a headache during long glassing sessions, the Revics included, or I would use them more often.
Thanks for the feedback man 🤙🏼

WRO

WKR
What I like about the smart binos is that now instead of someone calling ranges that you have to calculate, they are using your binos and calling out Mils.

I use MOA so I don’t have to worry about that..

maugh

FNG
I lucked into a display model of these at Scheel's one day for a great discount. I have only shot varmints and targets with it so far, but the solutions have been great for me in 3 rifles out to 800 yards. I'm very excited to take these hunting this fall.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Man this thing looks sweet.

Trying find some youtube videos on loading in ballistic "profiles" into it. Does it have the option like Strelok Pro to use density altitude by chance?

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Man this thing looks sweet.

Trying find some youtube videos on loading in ballistic "profiles" into it. Does it have the option like Strelok Pro to use density altitude by chance?
I don’t think so when using just the binos because it uses the built in sensors for temp, pressure and humidity to adjust the ballistic output. On the app the elevation shows this

Attachments

• IMG_0451.png
    IMG_0451.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 32