Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

huntnful

WKR
That's a great way to commit! haha
Eliminate the options, so you have no options to debate about haha. I have to do that all the time for things, because I’m a tinkerer. But that isn’t beneficial when hunting season rolls around. Have to be committed and familiar with your gear by then.

Last edited:
Eliminate the options, so you have no options to debate about haha. I have to do that all the time for things, because I’m a tinkerer. But that isn’t beneficial when hunting season rolls around. Have you to be committed and familiar with your gear by then.
Always helps when you have a crew of enablers around!

JiminAZ

FNG
So what non magnetic bino pouch/harness are people using for the Revics?

Currently considering the Marsupial No-Mag pouch.

Last edited:

huntnful

WKR

I’ve been putting them in a magnetic marsupial pouch still. Not the best thing for sure. I actually wasn’t a aware they had a no
Mag pouch

huntnful

WKR

Just purchased it in a medium for the Revics. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I really liked my other one, so this should be just fine.

huntnful

WKR
What problems are the magnets causing with Revics? I love my Marsupial magnet harnesses. Just compass?
I haven’t actually personally seen an effect. But it would take a little trouble troubleshooting to prove it.

Yes the compass, and accounting for Coriolis effect. But that only comes into effect at extreme ranges and shooting in certain directions. Honestly if you just turn it off inside the bino and don’t shoot passed maybe 800 yards, I don’t think you’d even see.

I’m not ACTUALLY sure the ranges it truly comes into affect. I tested it at I think 1000 yards, by ranging west and then east. And I believe the differences were only .1-.2 mil in elevation.

Juan_ID

WKR

I have them in a very old agc kiss bino harness. I really liked the marsupial but for whatever reason I always find myself coming back to the agc.

JiminAZ

FNG
I want the compass to work for other reasons, but I haven't spent enough time with the Revic to even know if this is possible.

When I have an animal down, sometimes a bearing and range to the animal can be very useful to me in recovery efforts. Sometimes we don't walk directly to the animal, having to back out and cross the canyon elsewhere and maybe spot a recovery SxS nearby, etc. before getting to the animal.

So if I have a bearing and a distance, I can fire up OnX and drop a pin darned close to where the animal is located. This is a manual way of duplicating the Tracking Assistant feature present in Swaro ranging binos.

I have done this before with my old ranging solution (Leica Geovid binos), using OnX topo features and sat imaging to approximate the location of the downed animal because I didn't have a bearing available.

Used this method to walk in the dark to within 20 yards of an Elk one of my sons shot last year at sundown. It was well after dark (1-1/2 hours later) when we got to the animal and boy I was thankful to know we were very close in that situation. Tons of blowdown and brush and it was a moonless night.

I also would like my phone compass to work, and the magnet may interfere with that.

Last edited: