Reluctantly Obliging Matt Rinella

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and listened to a few of his messages. not really my jam.

I will go further to say that I find him a bit of a hypocrite. Matt himself was a midwestern deer hunter / outdoorsman that transplanted to Montana to do western hunting and now he doesn’t like that other people are doing the same thing. The only reason I know who he is is because he was on his brothers hunting media show and podcast and now he is down on hunting media but doing his own version.

on top of the hypocrisy, I just don’t find him interesting as a presenter. I will go further to say that some of his tirades are just whacky - Anal health and cell phone usage while on the toilet anyone?

FWIW - I am a big tent guy. I try to recruit and reactivate hunters all the time. I wanna share the woods with billionaires in Gucci flage with $25k custom rifles that they can’t shoot for shit with their soft, creamy hands and callused handed bubbas in carhartt toting their grand daddy's 30/30. I want them all to buy licenses and tags and vote for laws and politicians that will preserve wild spaces. A bigger voice is better IMO and if that means I gotta put up with a few more orange vests on the trail, I will take it.

PS - if Sitka or anyone wants to pay me to hunt, I am all in baby. I have the will to shill. Just slide into my DMs with aNy reasonable offer and I am your man.

I buy Sitka stuff. Do I prefer it, no. I buy whatever I can get my grubby hands on for pennies. If I need something, and I can find it used for a low price I buy it (i.e., zero attention to brand).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sitka makes outstanding technical gear. I've used their stuff both for midwest treestand hunting as well as pounding mountains out west. Their gear just flat out works. Yeah it's expensive, and no it won't fit the obese truck / atv hunters, but other than that I recommend it to everyone.

Much more to the story. They forget to mention that they paid for this DB snowboarder in the range of 20-30 k to go elk hunting. All the newbs won’t realize this marketing scheme and think elk hunting is easily and crowd the wild places and take our opportunities away even more.

I’ve owned some Sitka pieces for 8-10 years. While I won’t throw them in the trash I def won’t be buying anymore.
What worries me more than crowding is that they go hunt an OTC unit, expecting it to be like the LE and/or private land they saw on TV. When its not, they go back complain that they didnt see any elk or deer, go complain to game agencies and advocate for cutting tags.

Matt is hitting the nail on the head with a lot of his points but he does suck at delivering them.

Sitka makes outstanding technical gear. I've used their stuff both for midwest treestand hunting as well as pounding mountains out west. Their gear just flat out works. Yeah it's expensive, and no it won't fit the obese truck / atv hunters, but other than that I recommend it to everyone.
Funny, Sitka is the team jersey of obese truck/atv hunters in these parts. They make that shit in 3XL.

I’ll buy what I want. I have lots of camo in all different brands. I may look into something if endorsed or pointed out by someone, but that’s not the reason I’m buying. I’m not going to just avoid looking at a brand entirely because some idiot says so.

Maybe I should stay out of this one as I have bias due to the fact that I work with Matt on the Hunt quietly team and hunters for access, but I just want to say the overall message is you can spend your money on equal or better gear and support other companies that don't have an agenda that is detrimental to the future of hunting. Sitka cares about their bottom line and pretty much nothing else.

Matt is a good dude and his mission is an honorable one.

Maybe I should stay out of this one as I have bias due to the fact that I work with Matt on the Hunt quietly team and hunters for access, but I just want to say the overall message is you can spend your money on equal or better gear and support other companies that don't have an agenda that is detrimental to the future of hunting. Sitka cares about their bottom line and pretty much nothing else.

Now his employees are trying to tell us how to spend our money and who to buy from… If I agree not to buy Sitka, can I get a promise that you and Matt will only eat at Burger King and never go to McDonald’s because I don’t like them?

You really gotta add some context to your whole explanation/question, without expecting people to go waste their time listening to his ramblings.

What what hunting company makes better gear>?

might wanna pull him aside and tell him to deliver that message without a side of douche bag. Makes hearing him out a lot more palatable. But he’s asked me to avoid him now. I’ll oblige.

Back