Rei now

I think its ridiculous that a business takes a political stance for or against anything..... especially large corporations. There goal is to provide a service and make money not to drive policy, but I also think its ridiculous that you need to post about it just because its against your world view. You would be just fine with it and not even mention it if you agreed with their opinion but you now are going to boycott them because their opinion is different than yours? that ridiculous!

brocksw

WKR
Of course he didnt. He is an anti gun coward. Plain and simple. The silence from bha is deafening. As long as they are anti gun and buzz is associated with them they wont get a penny from me.
There isn't any room for that shit on this forum. Name calling can get checked at the door.

Furthermore, show me a publication, article, quote, or news release where Land Tawney comes out and says the BHA is anti-gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
There isn't any room for that shit on this forum. Name calling can get checked at the door.

Furthermore, show me a publication, article, quote, or news release where Land Tawney comes out and says the BHA is anti-gun.

Kind of weird that he is anti-gun yet just bought his son his first rifle I do believe.

Jbehredt

WKR
They’re not anti gun, what they are is willing to support anti gun politicians in the name of public lands. It’s my opinion that I’d rather support politicians who protect the 2A and stand up to them on public land issues. Libs can not be swayed on the gun issue, conservatives can be made to see the light on federal land transfer.

Trial153

WKR
I can say that the NRA position on PLT is deafening. There is a large contingent of members who are gun owners for the primary reason that they are hunters and most likely wouldn’t own firearms if it wasn’t in that capacity. And yet the NRA doesn’t give so much as lip service to the issue. Why is that ...yea that’s not what they are about. Bullshit cop out answer given to a lot of members who are primarily hunters. Having a right is useless if it’s made that citizen can’t exercise it.
So as a guy that forked over his 1500 dollars for a life membership years ago, who happens to only be a bowhunter I find the the NRA stance to be unacceptable. Especially considering I have asked for clarity on their position. How so? Letters to the board. Letters to the editor of the “ American Hunter.” Several phone calls. Emails Beyond counting. Want to know the answers I received? Nothing. The best I have is a return email from the american hunter stating that my opinion is important to them, so much so that I have never heard back from them again. Yet they aren’t shy about asking for more money. That happens monthly.

I can give two shits about what anyone’s personal opinion on gun control is, I guess you can say same the way the NRA gives two shits about what my position is a life member. What’s my chance of getting a refund? About as good a chance of getting a them to have a position on PLT and how that would effect gun owing American hunters.

Last edited:

204guy

WKR
I think its ridiculous that a business takes a political stance for or against anything..... especially large corporations. There goal is to provide a service and make money not to drive policy, but I also think its ridiculous that you need to post about it just because its against your world view. You would be just fine with it and not even mention it if you agreed with their opinion but you now are going to boycott them because their opinion is different than yours? that ridiculous!
You think it's ridiculous for guys to not spend money at a store that takes a stand against what many here consider a way if life? Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

brocksw

WKR
You think it's ridiculous for guys to not spend money at a store that takes a stand against what many here consider a way if life? Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Do you shop at target or costco? Use Google? Use Goodyear tires? Bank at virtually any nation wide bank? Go to a hospital for medical care? Watch the NFL? Fly Delta? Watch sports on CBS? Eat at Buffalo wildwings? Walgreens? Rent cars? Bank at first national Bank of Omaha? Use Symantec anti virus? Wear Levi jeans? Use sprint or Verizon for your mobile carrier?

Oh you have? Well congrats... You've supported "anti-gun" companies...

OP
Cant hit em
Do you shop at target or costco? Use Google? Use Goodyear tires? Bank at virtually any nation wide bank? Go to a hospital for medical care? Watch the NFL? Fly Delta? Watch sports on CBS? Eat at Buffalo wildwings? Walgreens? Rent cars? Bank at first national Bank of Omaha? Use Symantec anti virus? Wear Levi jeans? Use sprint or Verizon for your mobile carrier?

Oh you have? Well congrats... You've supported "anti-gun" companies...

Can you point me or post a link to where a list of this is , because I will choose to spend my money and time way different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lif

WKR
I laughed last year at the emotions felt by nfl fans who have never served their country yet felt sooooo insulted by the players actions towards our national anthem. I don’t support the nfl players actions by sitting for the national anthem nor do I support any known anti gun company. But let us not forget that one amendment before our gun rights us freedom of speech. All citizens and companies have the right to any and all opinions and stances they would like. And everyone also has the right to not watch or contribute to the nfl as well as these companies. Let’s not fight amongst ourselves on such American rights. Everyone’s opinion on here is correct to that individual and should be respected. Buuuttttt, it might not be the best website to argue against gun rights. Just saying. 😉

JWP58

WKR

Show me a publication where they openly support gun rights, evil high capacity mags, and scary black guns? Where they take a stand against the latest progressive attacks against a constitutional right? Because in the words of the all knowing wy board member, if they arent willing to take a stand and voice support then they are against it. Well thats one side of his double sided stance. I guess when you talk out of both sides of your mouth sometimes you back yourself into a corner.......

Bottom line is they cant make a statement about any of the hip hot button firearm ban wishlist terms, because it would probably put them on bad terms with the big money.

nrh6.7

WKR
I laughed last year at the emotions felt by nfl fans who have never served their country yet felt sooooo insulted by the players actions towards our national anthem. 

You want to explain this? Are you suggesting that only veterans have the right to be patriotic? I hope you just typed faster than you could think.

brocksw

WKR
Show me a publication where they openly support gun rights, evil high capacity mags, and scary black guns? Where they take a stand against the latest progressive attacks against a constitutional right? Because in the words of the all knowing wy board member, if they arent willing to take a stand and voice support then they are against it. Well thats one side of his double sided stance. I guess when you talk out of both sides of your mouth sometimes you back yourself into a corner.......

Bottom line is they cant make a statement about any of the hip hot button firearm ban wishlist terms, because it would probably put them on bad terms with the big money.
So what your saying is... If one member in a non-profit organization has a personal opinion on a political subject, no matter his rank, status, or involvement, then the entire organization and all of its members automatically hold the same opinion and political stance?

Presuming you will continue your argument with it weighted on the premise that he is a local chapter board member... I would then like you to inform me of the difference between a local chapter board member and a regular member in that same state.

Do they pay the same $25 dollar membership fee?

Are they elected?

Are they paid by BHA?

Is there anything that would prevent you from becoming a board member as well?

Does he have a vote or any say in the stance and posturing of BHA national beyond what a regular member?

Last edited:

Mosby

WKR
If I find out that a business or a company are against what I am for, then I work very hard at not buying their products or shopping at their store. If I can find an alternative, then I change. Normally, I found out their position when they take a public stance on an issue and it hits the media and I feel compelled to respond. I contact companies, write a number of letters to the editor and I contact reporters and journalists directly and frequently if I find their articles misleading or factually incorrect. I read several newspapers a day from across the country.

Am I perfect? No, but as an example, I use local banks, I don't shop at many stores including Target and now REI. Where possible, I prefer to shop at small, privately owned businesses. I don't buy Kellogg cereal. I stopped going to both college and pro sporting events. I haven't been to a movie in years. I won't support Hollywood. Some things I have to live with like medicine and phone service and shopping at Walmart and there are things my wife and children won't give up.

I can't change the world but I can decide where a large portion of my money goes and I do the best I can to give it to companies that support things that are important to me or are at least neutral. Incremental value.

I live in western NY. here the (NYC)city liberals banned almost every semi auto in existence with their SAFE act. it was passed in the middle of the night, so the public couldnt object. any gun that holds more then 7 rounds was banned. yes thats basically 90% of guns. thankfully the supreme court knocked that provision down, so were safe for the time being. most of the law stuck, and many firearms are still banned under it.

they werent after just AR15s, they were after everything they could get. they did not care many of the guns they were banning were used strictly for hunting. think semi auto shotguns for waterfowl, .22LR's for squirrels. all of it banned.

i will not support any company that does not support 2A with my $ thats going towards hunting activity's.

the folks on here that support this anti hunter garbage, you make me sick.

So what your saying is... If one member in a non-profit organization has a personal opinion on a political subject, no matter his rank, status, or involvement, then the entire organization and all of its members automatically hold the same opinion and political stance?

Presuming you will continue your argument with it weighted on the premise that he is a local chapter board member... I would then like you to inform me of the difference between a local chapter board member and a regular member in that same state.

Do they pay the same $25 dollar membership fee?

Are they elected?

Are they paid by BHA?

Is there anything that would prevent you from becoming a board member as well?

Does he have a vote or any say in the stance and posturing of BHA national beyond what a regular member?

What he's saying is every human has personal bias and opinions. Your entitled to have personal convictions... thats fine and there's even an amendment that allows you to speak about them, What ever they may be... but when you represent something like sitting on the state board, it doesn't just turn off because you like to spout off behind a keyboard false accusations. If he might have been on here representing himself but if this is the type of person the bus wants representing them then many will take their business elsewhere

brocksw

WKR
What he's saying is every human has personal bias and opinions. Your entitled to have personal convictions... thats fine and there's even an amendment that allows you to speak about them, What ever they may be... but when you represent something like sitting on the state board, it doesn't just turn off because you like to spout off behind a keyboard false accusations. If he might have been on here representing himself but if this is the type of person the bus wants representing them then many will take their business elsewhere
So stating "I'm speaking for myself" doesn't absolve him from representing anyone but himself?

So stating "I'm speaking for myself" doesn't absolve him from representing anyone but himself?

Not at all.... if that were the case our Commander in Chief could say what he does and end it with the same phrase.... do you think the American public would then sympathize and say "well he was just relaying his views from a personal standpoint?" Do you think other countries listen to his rhetoric and understand he's not representing the US, just portraying personal views? Doubtful....

Why do you think when TV Sportsmen get caught poaching or in some other illegal activity, the rest of us are so quick to distance ourselves from them.... guilt by association.

When you cross the Mason-Dixon you can literally say the most horrendous, ridiculous, false, insulting, accusatory, whatever about someone and as long as you end it with "Bless their heart" it's seemingly okay..... right?

Look at how many teachers, police officers, etc... have been discharged for posts they made on their own private facebook accounts, on their own time. Sure they have freedom of speech and therefore can't/wont be legally prosecuted, but you still have accountability to represent yourself in a respectable manner. You owe it to whomever you're representing, be it an employer, special interest group, etc... in this case BHA. Coming online to a public forum and spouting off accusations that are completely inaccurate isn't wise... Choosing to conduct yourself in an unprofessional manner isn't without consequence.

I have no problem with him thinking these things, I don't even have an issue with him claiming them no matter how bogus they are.... where I do start to get irritated is when he represents an organization that I belong to and respect. If those are BHA's views then fine, I'll take my business elsewhere with no hard feelings. If they're just his then BHA should put a leash on their hound so as not to create divisiveness amongst members.