Recommendations to consider Semi Custom 7mm PRC

kickemall

WKR
"Tikka action, send it to Preferred Barrels for your choice of barrels and when you get it back put it in a Stockys stock. You’ll be in it for about $1800"

Or put it in a KRG Bravo, which works really well, and is cheaper than a Stocky's. Just heavier.

i bought a tikka t3x action. have a carbon six 7prc barrel, and mesa altitude stock on order.

i have two other similar builds in 6.5 creed and also 6.5 prc, with proof barrels. good stuff.
Have you gotten these in yet? Would love to see them and hear how the barrels are shooting.

I don’t have a 7prc, but I would not hesitate to get a seekins havak in any caliber. Awesome guns for the price

SloppyJ

WKR
I'd like to build a 300prc off a tikka but it seems that you will be limited on OAL due to the magazines. Not something I'd like to deal with on that cartridge or a 7prc.

Funny you say that about the Ultralight. I was dead set on one until I held it. That's the cheapest feeling stock I've ever felt. The bolt was not smooth at all. I ended up with a Timberline in 280ai and I absolutely love it. I was shocked at how bad the ultralight felt.

Benjblt

WKR
Zermatt arms origin action, your choice of barrel, stock and tigger and optic. I think a Pederson precision barrel prefit, or bartlein carbon, trigger tech special, one of them trijicon scopes on sale.
Is there a downside of not having an integral recoil lug on the Origin? Advantages?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
Springfield told the guy from the Backfire Youtube channel at SHOT that they can't keep up with current demand and not going to make the 7mm PRC at this time.
They'll make the 7prc... they just don't know it yet.

NSI

WKR
Is there a downside of not having an integral recoil lug on the Origin? Advantages?

It’s mainly just an annoyance if you’re going to swap barrels often. It’s an advantage for mfg cost.

-J