Fierce Carbon Rogue

Outcast

FNG
I’ll start this by saying that I understand that there is not a lot of love for Fierce on this forum. I did read the disaster thread and still decided to try one out for myself. I have 3 tikkas chambered in 6.5 CM, 7mm-08 and 243. They all shoot fantastic. I wanted one more rifle that was a little different, not because I needed it but because I wanted it. The 2 rifles that fit my criteria and chambering that were available up here were the Christensen ridgline FFT and Fierce Rogue in 7mm PRC. Anyways I purchased a Fierce because I liked the stock better. Got it with the 22” tube. Wanted to post this for info in case anyone is wondering.

Here is what it weighs with a Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18x44
BC0F5A01-10AA-43EC-8E31-E57A20EA450B.jpeg
Got to shoot it today and below is the 31st - 40th round for its first 10 shot group. Factory Hornady 180eldm
F5CE048D-867F-440B-BB31-E949CA12737C.jpeg

Overall I’m quite happy with it. Time will tell with more rounds down range but looks like it will be what I wanted it to be.

Last edited:
They are great looking rifles. I want to try one in the worst way for a backcountry elk rig but the stories here won’t let me pull the trigger. Seems like an awesome setup at this price point. I’m trying to stay around that $2000 mark or below. Glad to see something positive!

It seems like there are a lot of people out there happy with their Fierce. The problem seems to arise when you are one of the ones who gets a lemon (or worse such as a barrel with no rifling). Seems like their customer service is non-existent. That coupled with sending out a rifle (twice) with no rifling would steer me away from them for good. To each their own though...

Weldor

WKR
My Roque CT 6.5 prc is 7lbs. 1oz.. with Zeiss v4 4x16. Their customer service is not great. Agreed.

JRO

FNG
I’ll start this by saying that I understand that there is not a lot of love for Fierce on this forum. I did read the disaster thread and still decided to try one out for myself. I have 3 tikkas chambered in 6.5 CM, 7mm-08 and 243. They all shoot fantastic. I wanted one more rifle that was a little different, not because I needed it but because I wanted it. The 2 rifles that fit my criteria and chambering that were available up here were the Christensen ridgline FFT and Fierce Rogue in 7mm PRC. Anyways I purchased a Fierce because I liked the stock better. Got it with the 22” tube. Wanted to post this for info in case anyone is wondering.

Here is what the gun weighs bare.
View attachment 531691

Here is what it weighs with a Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18x44
View attachment 531692
Got to shoot it today and below is the 31st - 40th round for its first 10 shot group. Factory Hornady 180eldm
View attachment 531694

Overall I’m quite happy with it. Time will tell with more rounds down range but looks like it will be what I wanted it to be.
I'm very happy for you, you've got a golden ticket. I'm glad your gun shoots, but in my case, I wasn't so lucky. It is hard to love a company or a person who does not love itself enough to make sure you're costumers are taken care of and get what they paid for. In my case I purchased a CT rival clambered in 6.5 PRC. First off it wouldn't shoot factory ammo as advertised. Had to jam the bullet in, after firing couldn't extract, could barely hit paper at 100 yards, etc. It's been sent back to them 3 times because, gun has been rebarreled and had numerous other upgrades and still not performing as advertised. Last time I received gun back from them they forgot to include the extractor and ejectors . And that is why the lack of love my friend. I wish i could relate. 😪

OP
O

Outcast

FNG
I posted this purely for another view. The rifle is what it is and they can and do build some decent rifles. I understand the frustration. Mogle does seem to have his issues although I have not met him personally. I hope your situation is dealt with. I have been around 9 fierce rifles, 2 of my own, that all functioned and were more than capable accuracy wise. I have also personally been around 6 Christensen arms rifles and half of those had tight chamber issues along with some accuracy issues. One particular rifle my buddy had went back 3 times before the problem was fixed. (chamber issue)

Having said that I own 4 tikkas which I love but have owned a few tikkas in the past that had to go down the road because accuracy wise, they were finnicky but acceptable. For the price they are hard to beat.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with them has been positive as well…purchased a new .300 WM Fierce Fury a couple years back from local Sportsman’s that was missing the brake in the box when they brought it out (had thread protector on the barrel; was the last one in the store, and was told I could wait for another rifle to come in or they’d discount the one they had by $150. Bought it and figured I’d just order a brake from Fierce…when I called Fierce and explained what happened, they apologized that Sportsman’s didn’t just call them and get it for me-shipped it out for free to me the next day. No issues with the rifle and bolt is smooth as silk when chambering.

Recently bought a Christensen Arms .22 that was ordered in by local gun shop (CA dealer but didn’t have the rifle in stock), upon coming home and looking to put a sling in it, noticed there were no sling studs…checked box, not there, and back hole was drilled but missing threads to even screw in a stud. Called Christensen, they covered the shipping both ways to take care of it, sent me a free shirt with the rifle back within 2 weeks.

Fortunately, it was actually good customer service with my transactions from both companies…pointing it out solely because it’s often to see/hear negatives, but not often when things are handled as they should be. I’ve definitely had my run ins with poor service from supposedly reputable companies…glad in my case, it was not experienced in my interactions with these two companies.

968584A5-DF38-4171-8D9B-321D860C24BE.jpegF4128FDF-1B83-4D0D-ACBF-44C148C07D00.jpegAF959D38-D686-4B93-B745-07928DAE49FB.jpeg8C2BA67A-C569-49F8-B7AD-6D51B766F8EC.jpeg

SwiftShot

WKR
You rolled the dice and came up 7s. Congrats, the rifle will be nice and looks like problem free.
The issue is how they treat the least of us.

Last edited:

TheViking

WKR
I had a Fierce and it was a stupid accurate gun. Lightweight, smooth bolt (took a a little break in), good looking gun. It was hard for me to justify have a $2200+ gun with a $1200 scope for the one or maybe two wknds I rifle hunt every year (mainly an archery hunter).

I now have a Tikka Roughtech that I bought lightly used off of here for $800.

It shoots just as good for basically 1/3 of the cost. It weighs maybe a 1/2 - 3/4 pound more (could care less). Is it as sexy? Nah - but it absolutely shoots.

I'm going to put a Mesa stock on it and I'll still be at $1300 total for a gun (not including scope) that is essentially the same in my book.

If you wanted to get picky, you can say LA Tikkas aren't for reloaders, which is fair.

This rifle is 6.5 PRC, so I won't have any issue. If I exceed my factory mag, I can just jump to factory LA mags and have plenty of room.

bmart2622

WKR
I was set to by a Fierce (not a Rogue) until the thread with no barreling came out. I have a Canadian made Fury that has been awesome. I look at a Rival in 7 PRC all the time and just cant bring myself to take a chance on it

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
@SwiftShot - Thanks! I completely understand the sentiment when something goes wrong on a high ticket item-expect the company to make it right…I’ve had that argument with vehicle manufacturers in the past on new vehicles. Was also disappointed in owning several high priced carbon bows from Hoyt over the years and when calling direct to ask for a replacement torn dampener on one of my limbs and was told to go order one through a local authorized distributor (talking a ~ $5 part on a $1800 bow). I told them I had already checked with my bow shop and they didn’t carry the part in stock and advised I contact Hoyt to get one. Yet I’ve lost an arrow rest top encasement bar and a battery cap on a rheostat when my bow snagged a branch somewhere along a hunt and both companies (Rip Cord and Trophy Ridge) sent out replacements free of charge-no further questions, redirection, receipt, or proof required.

@TheViking - Love my Tikkas and Sakos which led me to Fierce initially (sold off a couple Tikkas to buy 1). I just wanted something fancier and didn’t like the long bolt throw/less smooth actions of many Remington 700 clones I had handled at similar price point. Won’t part with my travel gun Sako A7 .30-06…always reliable/accurate; fits well in TSA approved/airline size approved case.

bmart2622

WKR
I actually called a Fierce distributor and innocently asked about the quality of them and the dealer raved about how great they were and how accurate they were. I sent him a link to the disaster thread on here and he said he didn't give it any weight and said he had sold 100s and 100s of Fierce rifles and only had an issue with 5. So then I said since you are so impressed by them, if I buy one and it has issues will you refund my money and take it back?? His response was "absolutely not"!

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I actually called a Fierce distributor and innocently asked about the quality of them and the dealer raved about how great they were and how accurate they were. I sent him a link to the disaster thread on here and he said he didn't give it any weight and said he had sold 100s and 100s of Fierce rifles and only had an issue with 5. So then I said since you are so impressed by them, if I buy one and it has issues will you refund my money and take it back?? His response was "absolutely not"!
I haven’t heard of any distributor offering a buy back guarantee for any manufactured rifle brand they sell…all I’ve experienced send you back to the manufacturer for warranty resolve for any issue after accepting delivery.

I’ve seen a high priced Desert Tech’s SRS-A2 fail to feed with 6.5 PRC with Proof barrel with shelf hornady eld-x ammo…Proof did nothing about it, said barrel was to spec; Desert Tech looked into it said seems (new chambering at the time) 6.5 PRC was too long for SA mag and too short for LA mag…requiring customer (my buddy) to buy a new custom magazine…no issue with .338 lapua in same gun (different barrel/bolt/magazine). Seen my uncle’s Beretta semi auto shotgun fail to feed intermittently with different shell brands, weights, lengths that all cycled fine previously and never failed in my Benelli, even after loading the fail to feed shell from the Beretta in my Benelli; Beretta couldn’t replicate-no issue as far as they were concerned (didn’t write off every Beretta to include now Beretta owned Tikka, Sako, Benelli as garbage or crappy customer service—personally won’t buy an Extrema after that though)

Point being well made/known quality manufacture can put out a turd on occasion -all required contact with the manufacturer to resolve the issue not the distributor. Always appreciate hearing first hand experiences good/bad to be informed. Really hoping manufacturers stand behind any product they put out…hate to see any consumer being screwed over for hard earned money on a product that doesn’t live up to advertised expectations.

Original thread poster was highlighting good experience with new Fierce purchase; I’ve had the same historically…hundreds to thousands of others too (based on anecdotal feedback provided of one 1 distributor selling 100’s alone). Plenty of publishings validating accuracy claims and include Fierce on top 10 lists for non-custom best rifles.

Last edited:

TheViking

WKR
I haven’t heard of any distributor offering a buy back guarantee for any manufactured rifle brand they sell…all I’ve experienced send you back to the manufacturer for warranty resolve for any issue after accepting delivery.

I’ve seen a high priced Desert Tech’s SRS-A2 fail to feed with 6.5 PRC with Proof barrel requiring customer to buy a new custom magazine (this was for shelf hornady eld-x ammo)…no issue with .338 lapua in same gun (different barrel/bolt/magazine). Seen mid tier Beretta semi autos fail to feed intermittently with different shell brands, weights, lengths that all cycled fine previously and never failed in my Benelli, even after loading the fail to feed shell from the Beretta in my Benelli…

Point being well made/known quality manufacture can put out a turd on occasion -all required contact with the manufacturer to resolve the issue not the distributor. Always appreciate hearing first hand experiences good/bad to be informed. Really hoping manufacturers stand behind any product they put out…hate to see any consumer being screwed over for hard earned money on a product that doesn’t live up to advertised expectations.

Original thread poster was highlighting good experience with new Fierce purchase; I’ve had the same historically…hundreds to thousands of others too (based on anecdotal feedback provided of one 1 distributor selling 100’s alone).

Same shit happens with vehicles, Powersports equipment, etc - a lemon pops up once in a while. It doesn’t mean the manufacturer is garbage, but hopefully they take care of you!

bmart2622

WKR
I understand what you are saying and I nearly buy a Fierce on a daily basis. I agree its not on the dealer but on the manufacturer. My point was more pointing to how quickly he about faced on them

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I understand what you are saying and I nearly buy a Fierce on a daily basis. I agree its not on the dealer but on the manufacturer. My point was more pointing to how quickly he about faced on them
Lol-yeah, not surprising with the distributor; my rant wasn’t personally directed at you…just seeing a lot of people go off on Fierce as a brand.

Local store was heavily pushing the CA Mesa and Ridgeline when I originally asked to look at the Fierce…had him bring them both off the shelf and showed him the bolt throw degree difference and potential clearance issues if trying to chamber a round quickly when scoped…the action on the CA was noticeably grittier too. Lots shoot and love them, but wasn’t for me. He saw what I was saying and then admitted not knowing much about Fierce.

Not a fanboy of any particular company, just like getting what I feel is best value at a given cost versus compatible of what’s above, below, or model price equivalent…in that ~$2k-3k range, Fierce Fury was tough to beat in my experience at the time. Glad to see here the newer models are still performing well (in most cases). Overall, don’t think you’d go wrong if you eventually decided to pick one up.

In regards to brand, recently set up a Mauser M18 for my nephew who wanted a nice entry level rifle to get started (price when they were on sale was coming in a couple hundred under Tikka). Action is very smooth with lower bolt throw angle and he loves his setup. They’d be another manufacture I’d consider with some of their other mid-up level tiers for a fancier option.

bmart2622

WKR
I have no problem taking the chance on the rifle, like was stated, any and all brands can abd do have issues. The apprehension comes from the uncertainty of whether the company will make it right. Im leaning very hard towards an Alamo Precison now

I guess maybe I’m a Fierce fanboy. Edge in 6.5 CM is the first rifle I ever paid more than 1K for, and it was 3 times that. But I could not be happier. Well under MOA with factory ammo out to 500 yards. Practice to 500 so I can hunt to 400 with absolute confidence. Never had so much fun chootin. Now looking for 300 WM. Hoping I can hack it without a brake. I will say I emailed fierce with a trigger question, and John Mogle himself replied within a couple of days. Guess I’ll cross my fingers and spend my $.