Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnedeker

WKR
Hand sanitizer kills the virus. Hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol. That's why I've been diligent about keeping my BAC above .03 since March. No need for any vaccine for me. It's called science!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wvroach

WKR
Anyone else find a striking similarity between I AM LEGEND and the current covid vaccine I relation to the cure. Just saying I don't want I am legend zombies would much rather have walking dead zombies.

Anyhow as far as the vaccine goes, make your own decision. I feel looking back over modern history including in the United States one would have to be a fool to trust the government or big pharma to have our best interest at heart.

lif

WKR
Yeah is this the same science where the PA health director that’s a man, thinks he’s a woman? And the plexiglass is up between self-checkout at Wally World but no one wipes down the key pad of the debit/credit card machine between each of its thousand uses a day. No one under the age of 70 has died in my county. Had an old man in the grocery store parking lot tell my wife not to wear flip flops because she can get Covid through the ground. What did the vaccine finish at in effectiveness anyway? Last I saw it was 90-95% effective? So your chances of getting it and beating it are greater than the vaccine actually working? You don’t need a mask, you need a mask, cloth masks don’t work better than paper masks, you still need to wear a mask after you get vaccinated has turned into people publicly shaming you for not wearing one outside in the fresh air, or following the directional signs on the floor in a store. The only pandemic that you needed to actually get tested to see if you have it. Tesla takes 4 tests in the same day using the same machine and gets 2 positive and 2 negative results. Not to mention allllll the conflicting data and info around the bs tests in general.. what this allowed the people to do who make decisions in this country should be all you need to know. My family and friends have literally lost everything they’ve worked decades to build. Thankfully none of them came remotely close to dying from this. It was common sense before, if you were sick, stay away from grandma and grandpa or anyone who’s immune-compromised. Trust the science? In this case, that’s going to be a no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMEN times a thousand my friend. You just summed up 99% of this story. If more folks could look at those facts you stated, as obvious as they are, and go a different route with how we are dealing with this, then folks like your family would be a lot healthier physically, mentally, and economically. Glad to you know that someone out there shares the exact same mindset as me.

Hoot

WKR
Not anti-vaccine, I’ve had all of them. I agree get these out to medical professionals and at risk people, let’s get the world moving again....

two observations though...

1. posting a pic of getting the vaccine and a social media post about who/why you’re getting it is the ultimate virtue signaling, great job!

2. I am ALREADY annoyed at the ads and phone calls we will all get in 10 years asking if we got the vaccine and had side effects we could receive $2.95 from a billion dollar class action settlement...

Rob5589

WKR
What did the vaccine finish at in effectiveness anyway? Last I saw it was 90-95% effective? So your chances of getting it and beating it are greater than the vaccine actually working?

With the vaccine you have an approximately 5% chance getting it. Without it, you have a 100% chance of getting Covid, with a very slim chance of dying from it. You also have the possibility of long term effects, albeit also slim. What those effects are and how long they last is an unknown right now.

Wvroach

WKR
With the vaccine you have an approximately 5% chance getting it. Without it, you have a 100% chance of getting Covid, with a very slim chance of dying from it. You also have the possibility of long term effects, albeit also slim. What those effects are and how long they last is an unknown right now.
Do we know what the long term effects of said vaccine are either?

Rob5589

WKR

And that is a question that makes perfect sense. And something to definitely consider when deciding to be vaccinated or not. Of course we all know the answer at this time is, no.

bob1sh

FNG

I like my odds of not getting the vaccine.

bob1sh

FNG
The UK has also found a “new strand” of Covid that they’re linking to their “new spike” in cases, and preparing for “Tier 4” lockdown - whatever that is. I would imagine all the “experts” in the US will be all over this new opportunity soon.

Everyone should also remember Big Pharma is a business. What is Big Pharma’s money wrapped up in really? Is it make people healthier or make people dependent on more of the stuff they sell?

All things to consider imo.

NDGuy

WKR

Historically vaccines do not cause long term side effects. Hence the piles upon piles of evidence suggesting as such.

If people are that worried wait for a different vaccine method from Oxford, Sinovac, or J&J and not one using MRNA technology.

big44a4

WKR

How long til I 100% get it? Haven’t gotten it yet, but that would be good to know so I can cancel my gym membership then and hunker down. Sure it could be a matter of time, but that is not 100% certain. I could die on the road driving for work or anything else that is more dangerous. My wife’s grandpa died a few years back hanging Christmas lights.

These are dependent events (in order to die from covid, you have to get it). So you have to multiply the probabilities. Assume you are exposed to the virus, whether or not you get sick is dependent on a lot variables. But for simplicities sake let’s just say it’s a 50% probability you get infected without the vaccine. Assume the odds of death after infection is 0.5%.
Without vaccine= .5x.005=0.25% chance of death after exposure
With vaccine of 95% effectiveness = .05x.005=0.025% chance of death after exposure.

If the chance of infection is 90% after exposure. .9x.005=.45%

the point is even with a efficacy of 95% the probabilities improve substantially.

Last edited:

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I got my first dose this morning. Any risk benefit analysis is heavy skewed to getting the vaccine, even when accounting for the fact that some people will not get the virus.

So far about 5.2% of the population has had a confirmed case of COVID (even if we assume that undercounts the cases by 4x, there is still a long way to go). Yet, it will solidly hold the third leading cause of death (behind heart disease and cancer) for 2020 in the US. That hold is solid enough that even if the methodologies for counting are flawed, the result is unlikely to be different once corrected for. Considering that the methodology used is the same as is used for figuring all other causes of death, there is little reason to doubt the rankings. Further, preliminary all cause mortality data supports a significant increase in deaths this year across society.

If one ascribes to the idea that case counts are artificially inflated, than than there is an even longer way for this to run.

There is such a vast gulf between how this vaccine works and how the fictional vaccine in I Am Ledged worked that such comparisons are beyond laughable.

Anyway, this has all been hashed out before. I'll up date you guys if I grow three heads or something.

These are dependent events (in order to die from covid, you have to get it). So you have to multiply the probabilities. Assume you are exposed to the virus, whether or not you get sick is dependent on a lot variables. But for simplicities sake let’s just say it’s a 50% probability you get infected without the vaccine. Assume the odds of death after infection is 0.5%.
Without vaccine= .5x.005=0.25% chance of death after exposure
With vaccine of 95% effectiveness = .05x.005=0.025% chance of death after exposure.

If the chance of infection is 90% after exposure. .9x.005=.45%

the point is even with a efficacy of 95% the probabilities improve substantially.
While I’m not a statistician, I’ve had Statistics in college and I do not remember that math being this simple. Checking your arithmetic in my head I believe most if not all of your equations are incorrect Sir.
As far as the vaccine goes, I’ll get at the end of the line.

Rob5589

WKR
How long til I 100% get it? Haven’t gotten it yet, but that would be good to know so I can cancel my gym membership then and hunker down. Sure it could be a matter of time, but that is not 100% certain. I could die on the road driving for work or anything else that is more dangerous. My wife’s grandpa died a few years back hanging Christmas lights.

I understand you're being facetious. And of course there is no guarantee that you will get it. That is the good part. The possibility is there, just much less so with the vaccine. If I wasn't in healthcare I'd likely pass on the vaccine myself.

On another note, terrible about Gramps. We deal with a ton of falls this time of year.

While I’m not a statistician, I’ve had Statistics in college and I do not remember that math being this simple. Checking your arithmetic in my head I believe most if not all of your equations are incorrect Sir.
As far as the vaccine goes, I’ll get at the end of the line.
I did, they are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.