Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
At what point do we end the vaccine list before we can get back to normal? I would be willing to bet that you never tested positive, I have heard from no one who has had this flu want or thinking getting vaccinated just because is a good idea. (Myself included). I sure hope I can travel without my flu shot...ohh that’s right influenza doesn’t kill anyone 🙄
I had it, my son had it, both of us will get the vaccine as soon as it's available.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
At least no one has turned to name calling or talking about the election....yet

I am sure someone will get there.
Did you miss the news? This all ended on November 4th. There are no more COVID deaths, ICUs are not full, and there are plenty of hospital beds to be had all over the country. For some reason hospitals are having a major ice cream glut and having to rent freezer trucks to store all of it.

I'm still marveling at the microchip that fits in the 25 ga needle and allows fluid to flow around it to draw up the vaccine, but gets injected in my muscle when that fluid goes the other way. Or, is the microchip like liquid terminator? Regardless, now I have to add tinfoil shoulder pads to go with my hat.

JayTx

FNG

And just like that they now have their out for when their science doesnt work
And endless vaccines just like the flu. Money, money, money.

Vaccinated. Easy decision for me. If this brings us one step closer to normalcy it was worth it. If this prevents one person I care about or one of my patients from getting COVID-19 it was worth it. This vaccine was not developed in months. It was developed through decades of scientific breakthroughs and research by my colleagues who have dedicated their lives to their fields and made this possible. Go Science.
Did you received shot same way as 5 doctors from El Paso?
View media item 36

bobinmi

WKR
I can't help but laugh at the folks that think that the vaccine was created at "warp speed". Do you think that they didn't start working on vaccines for corona viruses until Covid19 hit? They've been working on this vaccine for a decade or more. The massive funding that came in upon the arrival of covid19 allowed them to get it over the finish line.

I don't think those numbers mean what you think they mean. It's not just 95% vs 99.5% chance of dying.
The major worries for younger people now are not dying from COVID it's catching it and having long term issues like vasculitis, myocarditis, lung problems, or whatever the hell else will pop up. If the vaccines are truly that effective, getting it would make the chances of getting COVID on top of getting a severe case would be essentially zero.

Yes maybe there could be some vaccine complications but most complications show up shortly (few months) after a vaccine injection. By the time us normal people get it, millions of people will have received theirs and we will have 6 months to a year of follow up data. I think I will take the miniscule chance of a vaccine issue vs the known COVID chances of hamstringing myself for the rest of my life not to mention hurting anyone in my family or community.

I’m not normal. I have the option of getting it next month and will likely be forced to come Feb. Also side effects or complications are showing up nearly immediately (that’s truly shortly, not months) after injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the vaccine you have an approximately 5% chance getting it. Without it, you have a 100% chance of getting Covid, with a very slim chance of dying from it. You also have the possibility of long term effects, albeit also slim. What those effects are and how long they last is an unknown right now.

That’s completely wrong. You don’t have a 100% chance of getting it and the vaccine doesn’t reduce your chance of getting it to 5%. That is just completely wrong and nothing backs up that claim.

Historically vaccines do not cause long term side effects. Hence the piles upon piles of evidence suggesting as such.

If people are that worried wait for a different vaccine method from Oxford, Sinovac, or J&J and not one using MRNA technology.

There has absolutely been cases of long term side effects caused by vaccines so your statement is wrong. Maybe what you meant to say was normally, or on average, or for the majority or something along those lines.

Did you miss the news? This all ended on November 4th. There are no more COVID deaths, ICUs are not full, and there are plenty of hospital beds to be had all over the country. For some reason hospitals are having a major ice cream glut and having to rent freezer trucks to store all of it.

I'm still marveling at the microchip that fits in the 25 ga needle and allows fluid to flow around it to draw up the vaccine, but gets injected in my muscle when that fluid goes the other way. Or, is the microchip like liquid terminator? Regardless, now I have to add tinfoil shoulder pads to go with my hat.

Well you got a couple of things right. Lol

Bulldog2nine

Lil-Rokslider
I sure wish we could cultivate this type of caution about potato chips and soda................
It truly is insane that no one is pushing health! Healthy people aren't dying....its as if it was designed that way...something about the strongest surviving. Be healthy, be strong folks. I totally understand there are pre existing conditions that some people have that would otherwise be healthy, for them, my heart goes out. BUT the food situation and obesity situation is this country is finally catching up to us I think. Just my opinion.

NDGuy

WKR
There has absolutely been cases of long term side effects caused by vaccines so your statement is wrong. Maybe what you meant to say was normally, or on average, or for the majority or something along those lines.

Semantics, but yes very rarely they have issues. However, you are talking about numbers so small they are almost irrelevant. That’s what I was getting at.

How many billions of vaccinations have been given since their creation without any major issues? The odds are for vaccination vs not. Especially since most of us won’t be getting it until late spring/summer or even later in 2021.

Like I said earlier too, people worried about the new mRNA vaccine can wait for the others using more traditional vaccine methods. Nothing wrong with that, if I had the choice I’d probably get that too. I just don’t want to wait a whole other year or longer to get the shot. Also don’t give me a Russian or Chinese vaccine lol

Status
Not open for further replies.