Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadler

WKR
OP - thanks for the post, hope for not even the mild side effects for you, and please keep us posted on your progress.

Off the topic of the original posts - there is a chance that someone who gets Covid can survive, with few or mild symptoms, but have bad outcomes of which they are unaware. FWIW. Been there.
Can you elaborate on that?

Opah

WKR
I will be hear on the side lines listening, Please as a public health advisory could each of you keep us informed on your process thru the vaccine
I will be especially appreciative

It's not the mistrust of science. It's the mistrust of rushed science that has progressed with a whole bunch of political loopholes and free passes without years of research and tests behind it. If it makes you feel better i don't trust politicians that stand at a podium and say they have my best interest at heart either. This whole thing has been political from the start the vaccine is just an extension of those politics.
That seems a lot like the politically muddied waters I mentioned.

On that note, perhaps the typical process for developing a vaccine has taken too long. A process filled with political roadblocks.

Who am I to say? I'm not a medical professional or scientists.
At some point we all make decisions based on trusting things we may not understand every facet of. This is no different.

We all will decide for ourselves "yes", or "no".

Me choosing "yes" for myself won't have any negative consequences that will affect my fellow man.

I'll post here after I receive it. Maybe I'll see some side affects, maybe not. Either way, I'll post anything I experience here.

It might be a few weeks before they distribute it to us here though.

** Edit:
Who would have ever guessed that Covid-19 would usher in the next Anti-Vaxxer movement?
It's not just Jenny McCarthy and housewives anymore.

fwafwow

WKR
Can you elaborate on that?
Sure, but apologies to anyone who is following this thread who has followed the several others on the topic, as they could say I’m becoming a broken record.

Some have posted (not just on this thread) that they don’t want to get a vaccine and face unknown long term risks when the risk of the virus is pretty low due to a very high survival rate absent co-morbidities. I understand the point of view. I personally believe there are more than two outcomes - you can have mild or no symptoms, be in the 99+% of survivors, but have other health problems arise later. There may be studies, and there are anecdotes, about “long haulers”, athletes, otherwise healthy people, etc. (some of which are in those other RS threads) who find out about more serious problems later. I’m personally in that boat, although I don’t yet know how serious it is. Yes, I’m just an anecdote.

Trying not to whine (life is good), and I still think people can believe as I do on the above yet still choose for a variety of reasons not to get the vax. FWIW I still have antibodies 5 months later, and I’m thinking I will get the vaccine.

Moserkr

WKR
@fwafwow If you, the op, or others want to get it im 100% behind you, and hope it helps with no issues. I just dont trust the government and their recent actions, the vac included. Also dont trust the pharma companies but who wouldnt take advantage of government incentives and people’s (majority) manipulated fears. But with such a high survival rate and a vac, the shutdowns and masks BS are all political. It has nothing to do with safety, just control. Still hope this vac helps people and restores some of the insanity. Going to take people breaking “orders” for it to happen in the end.

MO-CHSPKE

FNG
66254b37530a0d3ff6a10e5ca947ff67.jpg

Got mine yesterday morning. If it helps me from bringing it home to my kids. I’ll chalk it up as a victory in my mind. Let alone the countless others I happen to come in contact with.

Ironman8

WKR
Sure, but apologies to anyone who is following this thread who has followed the several others on the topic, as they could say I’m becoming a broken record.

Some have posted (not just on this thread) that they don’t want to get a vaccine and face unknown long term risks when the risk of the virus is pretty low due to a very high survival rate absent co-morbidities. I understand the point of view. I personally believe there are more than two outcomes - you can have mild or no symptoms, be in the 99+% of survivors, but have other health problems arise later. There may be studies, and there are anecdotes, about “long haulers”, athletes, otherwise healthy people, etc. (some of which are in those other RS threads) who find out about more serious problems later. I’m personally in that boat, although I don’t yet know how serious it is. Yes, I’m just an anecdote.

Trying not to whine (life is good), and I still think people can believe as I do on the above yet still choose for a variety of reasons not to get the vax. FWIW I still have antibodies 5 months later, and I’m thinking I will get the vaccine.
Not to be an asshole but you literally just repeated your previous post but in a longer format. You really didn’t explain anything.

What are you (or other anecdotal healthy people) experiencing long term (can we call it long term yet??)

fwafwow

WKR
Not to be an asshole but you literally just repeated your previous post but in a longer format. You really didn’t explain anything.

What are you (or other anecdotal healthy people) experiencing long term (can we call it long term yet??)
Sorry, and no worries - I don’t take it as you being an a-hole. Fair point. I wasn’t exactly sure of the nature of the request for further explanation - explaining the 1st sentence of my second paragraph, or the last one. I thought I clarified the former.

I had mild symptoms and recovered. I now have ground glass opacities in my lungs that I learned about unexpectedly. I don’t yet know what that means for me, but I’m not expecting it is good. Hopefully I’m wrong. I don’t want to go thru repeating what has been said by others (especially since some were by medical professionals) on RS - but my experience isn’t singular. I’d search for and copy here a link to the other specific posts, but sometimes doing that can come across the wrong way.

There seems to be a subset of otherwise healthy, young people who get severe covid and either die or have long term lung scarring (like copd but from covid)

One interesting study showed that among a group of “severe” covid patients, 10% had a very minor immune deficiency that they otherwise would not have know about. It made them susceptible to getting very ill. Including the young and healthy (there’s several young people dying in our hospital right now).

You can roll the dice with your own health and that’s totally fine. Problem is that it’s most contagious before you actually get symptoms. You visit grandma or mom while feeling fine, but you give her covid and she dies a slow, lonely death in the ICU where nobody is allowed to visit until she is actively dying.

..please excuse my jadedness, I’ve been helping people die in the ICU from this terrible disease every day for the past 12 days. Needless to say I’ll be getting the shot when our hospital has it.

woods89

WKR
There seems to be a subset of otherwise healthy, young people who get severe covid and either die or have long term lung scarring (like copd but from covid)

One interesting study showed that among a group of “severe” covid patients, 10% had a very minor immune deficiency that they otherwise would not have know about. It made them susceptible to getting very ill. Including the young and healthy (there’s several young people dying in our hospital right now).

You can roll the dice with your own health and that’s totally fine. Problem is that it’s most contagious before you actually get symptoms. You visit grandma or mom while feeling fine, but you give her covid and she dies a slow, lonely death in the ICU where nobody is allowed to visit until she is actively dying.

..please excuse my jadedness, I’ve been helping people die in the ICU from this terrible disease every day for the past 12 days. Needless to say I’ll be getting the shot when our hospital has it.
An RN I know has a patient this happened to. The guy was 40 years old and in terrific shape. Now he is hoping to get to a point where he can climb stairs again.

And I hope you, as well as all other health care professionals on here who have been in the thick of this, get a really good vacation when this is all over. Thank you!

Squincher

WKR

I'll gladly excuse your jadedness as I'm sure this has been a tough row to hoe for those in health care, and I hope you'll excuse mine. Nothing you posted actually qualifies you to lecture anyone else regarding vaccines, and I wonder how you will feel about it if you are helping ten times as many die next year or the year after from autoimmune complications due to the vaccine.

KBC

WKR
Although I’m probably way down the order of people who should get it, I’m going to wait a bit. I have a few severe food allergies and a milder allergy to eggs. I’m hearing mixed advice on if I should get it.
Allergies aside, I’m a bit hesitant anyways to get something developed so fast but my opinion might be different if I dealt with a lot of at-risk people or a lot of people in general.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
66254b37530a0d3ff6a10e5ca947ff67.jpg

Got mine yesterday morning. If it helps me from bringing it home to my kids. I’ll chalk it up as a victory in my mind. Let alone the countless others I happen to come in contact with.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I’ve read that you can still get and spread covid even with the vaccine. It only protects you from getting hit hard. So you’d only be protecting yourself if that’s the case. Again, I may be way off here. People much smarter than me please correct me if wrong.

*zap*

WKR
Warp speed vaccine for something that no one really understands yet.

I remember the March 'six week shutdown and then back to normal' line.

Masks do nothing, then mask are a must. Spread by surfaces that people touch became spread by air....

Covid has produced some of the most bizarre reactions/rules I have ever seen and I am fairly old and seen lots of bizarre chit. Cannot go to dinner but you can stand next to 50 people in wally world all day long. Covid has not been bad here but they sure have shut down (bankrupted) an awful lot of small businesses. The big companies/stores are doing great thou, its almost like they want only big business to survive this 'pandemic', I thought a pandemic killed a good % of the world population..... not less than 1%?????? What has covid killed? 0.2% plus no flu deaths this year, they cured the flu with covid.

I am gonna pass on a shot @ 64+ yoa.

Sadler

WKR
Sorry, and no worries - I don’t take it as you being an a-hole. Fair point. I wasn’t exactly sure of the nature of the request for further explanation - explaining the 1st sentence of my second paragraph, or the last one. I thought I clarified the former.

I had mild symptoms and recovered. I now have ground glass opacities in my lungs that I learned about unexpectedly. I don’t yet know what that means for me, but I’m not expecting it is good. Hopefully I’m wrong. I don’t want to go thru repeating what has been said by others (especially since some were by medical professionals) on RS - but my experience isn’t singular. I’d search for and copy here a link to the other specific posts, but sometimes doing that can come across the wrong way.

I should have clarified but you answered my question in this post. Thank you.

bob1sh

FNG

Masks do nothing, then mask are a must. Spread by surfaces that people touch became spread by air....

Covid has produced some of the most bizarre reactions/rules I have ever seen and I am fairly old and seen lots of bizarre chit. Cannot go to dinner but you can stand next to 50 people in wally world all day long. Covid has not been bad here but they sure have shut down (bankrupted) an awful lot of small businesses. The big companies/stores are doing great thou, its almost like they want only big business to survive this 'pandemic', I thought a pandemic killed a good % of the world population..... not less than 1%?????? What has covid killed? 0.2% plus no flu deaths this year, they cured the flu with covid.

Yeah is this the same science where the PA health director that’s a man, thinks he’s a woman? And the plexiglass is up between self-checkout at Wally World but no one wipes down the key pad of the debit/credit card machine between each of its thousand uses a day. No one under the age of 70 has died in my county. Had an old man in the grocery store parking lot tell my wife not to wear flip flops because she can get Covid through the ground. What did the vaccine finish at in effectiveness anyway? Last I saw it was 90-95% effective? So your chances of getting it and beating it are greater than the vaccine actually working? You don’t need a mask, you need a mask, cloth masks don’t work better than paper masks, you still need to wear a mask after you get vaccinated has turned into people publicly shaming you for not wearing one outside in the fresh air, or following the directional signs on the floor in a store. The only pandemic that you needed to actually get tested to see if you have it. Tesla takes 4 tests in the same day using the same machine and gets 2 positive and 2 negative results. Not to mention allllll the conflicting data and info around the bs tests in general.. what this allowed the people to do who make decisions in this country should be all you need to know. My family and friends have literally lost everything they’ve worked decades to build. Thankfully none of them came remotely close to dying from this. It was common sense before, if you were sick, stay away from grandma and grandpa or anyone who’s immune-compromised. Trust the science? In this case, that’s going to be a no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider

You summed it up in a nutshell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.